If you think bringing justice to a certain character is wrong then.. (spoilers)

#1severialityPosted 8/8/2013 10:35:29 AM
Paarthurnax, duh.

Then you must be against hunting and bringing retired Nazi generals to justice 30+ years after WW2, right? That's what you Paarthurnax supporters don't understand, you hear genocide and go, "oh well that's not a big deal." Well now there's an equal face of evil for ya.
#2BeastlyIguanaPosted 8/8/2013 10:38:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
---
Battlefront 3. Yes.
#3Claimh_SoliasPosted 8/8/2013 10:41:43 AM
BeastlyIguana posted...

---
:/xU rre vega a.u.k. zz ayulsa siance/ xU rre vega a.u.k. zodal sechel/:
This is not an eternal paradise. it is only a city of the dead.
#4royicPosted 8/8/2013 10:47:44 AM
I think he redeemed himself by saving the world though.
---
GT-Ducksaws
Mount and Blade is fun.
#5lordofchaos17Posted 8/8/2013 10:51:45 AM
Paarth is less the nazi general in this situation and more the nazi scientists that work on the Manhattan Project. Yeah, he worked for the bad guy, but he changed sides and helped the good guys in the end.
---
So says the High Necromancer of the Slaughterfish!
#6severiality(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 10:59:50 AM
lordofchaos17 posted...
Paarth is less the nazi general in this situation and more the nazi scientists that work on the Manhattan Project. Yeah, he worked for the bad guy, but he changed sides and helped the good guys in the end.

I kinda understand what you're saying, but you're wrong. Nazi scientists worked for the bad guy, but Paarthurnax was actively committing genocide. He didn't just build the guns and tanks, and the rest was out of his hands. He was slaughtering Nords right and left with his buddy Alduin.

BeastlyIguana posted...

Wow, you're trying to tell me that when you debate morality in warfare, someone brings up the most recent clearly defined, major and official war? What's next, water is wet?
#7TaigaWilliamPosted 8/8/2013 11:05:09 AM
Punishing the reformed is regressive morality and an archaic idea of justice. I don't have the patience to make a more in depth post on my phone, but I can continue once AT&T gets my internet back up and running.
---
PSN: rebel_nowe | Maerlyn | 200 | Support Mage
PSN: TaigaWilliam | Cadence | 200 | TG Strider
#8severiality(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 11:10:10 AM
TaigaWilliam posted...
Punishing the reformed is regressive morality and an archaic idea of justice. I don't have the patience to make a more in depth post on my phone, but I can continue once AT&T gets my internet back up and running.

Reformed by whose standard? 4 old guys hiding him, and someone he's known for 2 weeks?
#9SoulOfFaythPosted 8/8/2013 11:18:44 AM
If Paarthunax thought the same way he would still be going around killing humans, considering they commited genocide against his kind. Luckily, he's more intelligent than that.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#10Jstretch19Posted 8/8/2013 11:23:06 AM
Your analogy would be better if the Nazi general in question had killed an immortal, all-powerful Hitler halfway through the holocaust.