is it possible i will like skyrim if I didnt like oblivion?

#1Mindbend8erPosted 8/14/2013 1:45:49 AM
I didn't like the portals part in oblivion. How is skyrim better than oblivion. What have they improved?
---
game tag - mindbend8r
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 8/14/2013 2:01:13 AM
They've improved melee combat the graphic. Well most of it since the snow looks like ass. Skyrim is inferior in most other regards.
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#3The_Beer_ScotchPosted 8/14/2013 2:11:56 AM
To be honest, if a small aspect of the game such as oblivions portals put you off the whole game...

Then I think open world rpg's are not your cup of tea sir.
---
Something Japanese
#4DahlVaughnniPosted 8/14/2013 3:29:10 AM
People are leaving out the fact that a LOT has been cut out of oblivion in order to make skyrim. A lot of things have been casualized. The whole Minor/Major skills thing is gone, oblivion portals are gone, there's sprinting now, etc.

Yes, it's very possible you will like Skyrim if you liked the IDEA of Oblivion but a bunch of features pissed you off, because the ones that pissed you off were likely removed.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#5SoulOfFaythPosted 8/14/2013 4:05:01 AM
Everything is possible.
uh..Life...uh...finds..a way
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#6SoulOfFaythPosted 8/14/2013 4:06:41 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
People are leaving out the fact that a LOT has been cut out of oblivion in order to make skyrim. A lot of things have been casualized. The whole Minor/Major skills thing is gone, oblivion portals are gone, there's sprinting now, etc.

Yes, it's very possible you will like Skyrim if you liked the IDEA of Oblivion but a bunch of features pissed you off, because the ones that pissed you off were likely removed.

Yeah man, every TES game up till now had oblivion portals and now they suddenly cut them for the casuals.

Oblivion portals sucked. blue. donkey. balls.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#7sunbro1Posted 8/14/2013 4:45:11 AM
Dragons in this game suck by the way. It's much more streamlined with a fair few areas just being dumbed down.
---
Ours is the fury
#8greyscalezeroPosted 8/14/2013 7:20:19 AM
i didn't much care for oblivion,but it was the backwards leveling that did it for me. i really enjoy the incorporation of the perk system, but i'm a huge fallout fan so i might be a bit biased. i didn't actually get that far in oblivion, mostly got lost in the math of trying to level evenly.
---
Your logic is not invited to this conversation! - Black Mage
Gamertag: greyscalezero
#9MrGazzoPosted 8/14/2013 7:25:25 AM
It's the GTA IV of the Elder Scrolls.
I love them both, like for real.
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore
#10terrysmay04Posted 8/14/2013 7:54:49 AM
I thought Oblivion was meh. I finished it, but I had to force myself to do that honestly ( I did play it AFTER Skyrim which was a mistake but I still just didn't love the game)

I loved Skyrim when I bought it. I played the crap out of it and enjoyed every minute.
---
Nothing is more badass than being nice to a lady!