How would you feel about these features being in a TES game?

#41royic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 1:04:48 PM
mixedlion posted...
They all sound really good, save for the weariness (it would be too tedious for me, but would be an awesome additional option as they do with the hardcore mode in Fallout for those who want an extra challenge).

I really would love to see radiant factions.

In addition, I would like to see an option to not only destroy the Dark Brotherhood, but to be able to destroy the Thieves, Fighters, and Mages guild, and maybe have faction wars between sects within the factions.

Would also like the option to create your own guild. Choose your theme (assassination, raiding, knight-errant, etc...), be able to recruit NPCs (or create your own guild members, as far-fetched and unlikely as that would be), and really tack on the radiance as you build your guild from nothing to prominence. Would definitely be a very lengthy campaign for sure (and fun!).

I like that idea but i feel like it might go outside the genre of the game a bit too much.

For getting new NPCs, I'd like to be able to recruit from different regions. Request some Morrowind dunmer or High Rock bretons and pick out some candidates. Would be cool to see them reflect their culture.

Also, bring back the gritty dark elf voices. Those were badass.
---
GT-Ducksaws
Mount and Blade is fun.
#42BeardedXBatmanPosted 8/16/2013 10:44:29 PM
They all sound cool. I'd like to see a carriage ride system similar to the taxi system in gta iv, where I can see the sights while I ride along. But I think above all, the hardcore mode from new vegas would be amazing. I found myself in new vegas getting really dehydrated in the middle of nowhere and I came across a gas station. No luck finding water until I got to the bathroom. I had to drink out of the toilet to survive. To me, that was an awesome moment in that game and I'd like to see the hardcore feature utilized in all my RPGs.
---
*This message has been brought to you by The Bearded Batman, LLC*
PSN/XBL - BeardedXBatman
#43royic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 5:57:54 AM
Know what else they need? Dedicated necromancer system.

We had vampires in all the games so far, then werewolves, now we need necromancers.

and it makes sense.

vampires are a special thing for stealth characters
werewolves for warriors
necromancers for mages
---
GT-Ducksaws
Mount and Blade is fun.
#44JonicArcPosted 8/19/2013 10:16:21 AM
royic posted...
MrGazzo posted...
inb4getsomemods

mods don't do these things. That would require a **** ton of very complicated scripting.

Oh, & this is where your about to say that YOU, are in fact a scripter who makes mods for Skyrim. Oh wow, this is great!

inb4I'mamodscripter&notsomeloserwaistingevery1's****ingtime

.......?

?
---
Stand back.... Don't make me unsheathe the legendary blade known as FanboySlayer !!!
#45royic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 10:55:21 AM
JonicArc posted...
royic posted...
MrGazzo posted...
inb4getsomemods

mods don't do these things. That would require a **** ton of very complicated scripting.

Oh, & this is where your about to say that YOU, are in fact a scripter who makes mods for Skyrim. Oh wow, this is great!

inb4I'mamodscripter&notsomeloserwaistingevery1's****ingtime

.......?

?

Oh yeah, please point me to the mod that makes the quests in Skyrim not suck.

Or get out.

Thanks for leaving.
---
GT-Ducksaws
Mount and Blade is fun.
#46PR_FiascoPosted 8/20/2013 11:38:26 AM
I'd be cool with these if they were added.
---
TBWNN
i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz | GTX 670 | 8GB RAM
#47JonicArcPosted 8/20/2013 1:56:51 PM
royic posted...

Or get out.

Thanks for leaving.

Touché

We're all in the same boat here. Skyrim is not what it should be. It's frustrating. & we post here instead of playing the game that should have our attention instead of a forum.

But what are you doing? Everyone will say yes to your idea's. It's a no brainer. But they will never really happen, not truly. They may have different versions or other people had a like idea without this thread. It's frustrating, because only you can made this happen. Nobody is gonna script mods for you on that level, & do it the way you want.

Threads like this are always the same. In your heart your asking for someone to make it for you. They won't unless you pay them. & not like a 2 digit payment for a basic mod. I mean a 3 or 4 digit long term payment for some scripts.

You might want to learn how to script. Maybe try little mods. We like your idea's but your just torturing us with what we can't have.
---
Stand back.... Don't make me unsheathe the legendary blade known as FanboySlayer !!!
#48royic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 10:39:35 AM
JonicArc posted...
royic posted...

Or get out.

Thanks for leaving.

Touché

We're all in the same boat here. Skyrim is not what it should be. It's frustrating. & we post here instead of playing the game that should have our attention instead of a forum.

But what are you doing? Everyone will say yes to your idea's. It's a no brainer. But they will never really happen, not truly. They may have different versions or other people had a like idea without this thread. It's frustrating, because only you can made this happen. Nobody is gonna script mods for you on that level, & do it the way you want.

Threads like this are always the same. In your heart your asking for someone to make it for you. They won't unless you pay them. & not like a 2 digit payment for a basic mod. I mean a 3 or 4 digit long term payment for some scripts.

You might want to learn how to script. Maybe try little mods. We like your idea's but your just torturing us with what we can't have.

You've seen that there is a little debate about this though. Some people actually like the streamlining.

You're exactly right though. I'm not satisfied with TES and I'm frustrated because it's easy to see how much better it could be with just some philosophy changes at bethesda.

I'm running these ideas around over here because I also post them in the suggestions thread on the TES forums, which is apparently read by someone important, otherwise I don't know why the thread would be managed by their moderators.

I have considered getting into modding, but it's way too much work for one guy to pull off. I barely have time to write out my ideas on the internet. And by the time I finished this, even with a lot of help, the next game would probably be out.
---
GT-Ducksaws
Mount and Blade is fun.