So I finally decided to play through the Volkihar side of Dawnguard...

#41TacOpsBeast(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 11:11:25 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
JMLSP posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
afrodude77 posted...
It was fun siding with the Volkihar Vampires and I like VL over Werewolf since you can shift back to human form whenever you want as opposed to waiting as a werewolf only annoying thing about that questline was Vingalmo sending me to turn Valindor into a vampire twice

I prefer the werewolf form but I am tempted to try DG from the vampire side.

I really liked playing as a vampire, and I actually don't even like vampires...
Worth playing, if you'll ask me...

Thanks, I may give it a go!

Oh, and for no apparent reason, your Drain Life spells (for Vampire Lord and normal form) are weakened if Serana's with you. Unless it's been patched.
---
Mario Party - If you steal my star, I will punch you in the godd*** mouth!
#42afrodude77Posted 8/15/2013 12:40:36 PM
TacOpsBeast posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
JMLSP posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
afrodude77 posted...
It was fun siding with the Volkihar Vampires and I like VL over Werewolf since you can shift back to human form whenever you want as opposed to waiting as a werewolf only annoying thing about that questline was Vingalmo sending me to turn Valindor into a vampire twice

Oh, and for no apparent reason, your Drain Life spells (for Vampire Lord and normal form) are weakened if Serana's with you. Unless it's been patched.

Thats the only thing I hated about being a VL
---
"If the turtle cage is dirty... I Ain`t Paying For it
---
#43TacOpsBeast(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 1:02:24 PM
And then there is the glitch where you dismiss her and she won't follow you again. So it's either weakened powers, or Serana. Oh, and you can't get rid of the Elder Scroll if you side with the Volkihar... Wow I just realized why I stuck with the Dawnguard.
---
Mario Party - If you steal my star, I will punch you in the godd*** mouth!
#44simonbelmont2Posted 8/15/2013 1:21:01 PM
TacOpsBeast posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
JMLSP posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
afrodude77 posted...

Thanks, yeah I remember reading about that when DG was first released!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#45silverhunter16Posted 8/15/2013 1:22:15 PM
TacOpsBeast posted...
And then there is the glitch where you dismiss her and she won't follow you again. So it's either weakened powers, or Serana. Oh, and you can't get rid of the Elder Scroll if you side with the Volkihar... Wow I just realized why I stuck with the Dawnguard.

Sell the dragon scroll after doing the MQ and do the no one escapes cidna mine quest to get rid of the other 2 as well as any other annoy quest locked items.

Just be careful cause you lose black books this way.
---
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.
#46CrusnikCainPosted 8/15/2013 1:57:10 PM
AflockOfHippies posted...
rx54 posted...
TheRavenKC posted...
I like being a vampire lord much better than a werewolf. But after your game gets a high number of saves on it the vampire lord becomes unplayable. It gets really laggy and causes freeze ups.

I love how people like this just ignore every post in the obviously wrecked topic except the first and post like everything is normal.

It's like someone casually strolls into a bank while it's being robbed and tries to make a deposit.

You are on a roll today. That is three times in this topic you made me laugh out loud. Oh, wait, this is text so I should have typed that in acronym form. Let me correct. LOL. (Yes, it would have been easier to delete and correct, but isn't this far more interesting?)

Side note to the poster about avoiding the Noid. I laughed because I assumed you were talking about the old Dominos mascot. (thought of the South Park episode with Adam West). Unless there is another Noid I am not aware of. either way, it made me laugh so thanks.

And to TC. I am relatively new to this board as well. Just been here a few months. But if you can survive what seems to be some sort of "initiation", this is probably the best community there is and one reason Skyrim is still no.1 on the boards.

there's a south park episode with the noid and adam west i did not know that only one i have seen is the family guy episode
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#47SpikeTbearPosted 8/21/2013 1:38:48 AM(edited)
The number one best perk of siding with the vampires is that random vampire attacks in cities will stop immediately (from then on vampires will only attack during an eclipse). If you choose Dawnguard, they won't stop until you beat the main quest. I am still on my first playthrough and didn't look up that info until it was way too late. No matter how hard I tried, I coudn't save many townsfolk from them. Riften is a ghost town. Also, you can use a calm spell on the Dawnguard shopkeeps to get some of what you missed from their side anyway.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#48LOKIGODX41Posted 8/21/2013 1:58:56 AM
TacOpsBeast posted...
And I have to say... The Vampires are... Freaking epic. That Vampire Lord form w/ all perks is just a beast. Bats around you in combat, spamming drain life at them. Priceless. My first character ended up becoming a vampire lord, but I erased him because I didn't like it. But with all perks... D***. I might just not even play as a Dawnguard member anymore. xD

to answer you - I hafta strongly disagree -
I felt that vampirism the the biggest missed poopertoonitty and waste of time in the game -
vampire lord and the whole vamp side of dawnguard = complete and utter FAIL sauce
---
"When de big man wos killd, it's blood wos on da leebs."..... " If it Bleeds... We can kill it "
#49DimeronPosted 8/21/2013 7:46:54 AM
Once you have beaten Dawnguard side, you can ask Serana to turn you into a vampire lord... So the form is available for both sides.

Now, what Volkihar do have is blood potions, better vampire items, and special spell that heals your undead summons, as well as a huge ass castle which you are lord of.
#50The_Ivory_ManPosted 8/25/2013 9:08:45 PM
I'm the best and most helpful uses on these boards. S you can see I'm a Veteran karma. Meaning I've never done anything bad.
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature