(M)aster (C)rafter (2011) ores

#1The_Beer_ScotchPosted 8/16/2013 4:39:25 AM
How many iron ores does it take to reach 100 smithing?

Sir MC! should I buy payday 2?
---
Something Japanese
#2IamI3rianPosted 8/16/2013 6:00:55 AM
I'd like to know as well. Both questions actually. = )
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Wish I could play Skyrim again for the first time. -AflockOfHippies
#3DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 8/16/2013 6:49:48 AM
1. Enough to craft an iron sword and improve it once (with the resto-loop glitch).

2. No. aside from a train-wreck of a release (yeah, the game is out but we didn't ship it to any stores), most of what I'm reading is that it's either not faithful to the original and the random rewards system is even more frustrating and broken than the one in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and requires more farming than a bad MMO.
#4FMLGPosted 8/16/2013 7:44:13 AM
IamI3rian posted...
I'd like to know as well. Both questions actually. = )

This.
---
Remember Zapdos made ya!
I agree with everything FMLG say because we are twin sisters. -SpoonForkKnife
#5FillyPhlyersPosted 8/16/2013 8:14:36 AM
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
1. Enough to craft an iron sword and improve it once (with the resto-loop glitch).

2. No. aside from a train-wreck of a release (yeah, the game is out but we didn't ship it to any stores), most of what I'm reading is that it's either not faithful to the original and the random rewards system is even more frustrating and broken than the one in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and requires more farming than a bad MMO.

I don't see what's frustrating or broken about the rewards system in Mass Effect 3... is it because you aren't guaranteed anything? That doesn't make it broken.
#6Sniping_TurtlePosted 8/16/2013 12:33:57 PM(edited)
Neat.

1) 1006.

2) I got it for PC, so not sure how the PS3 or 360 versions fair (Though the original Payday was supported more on the PC).

I'm enjoying the game so far, but it is coop oriented. If you plan to play it alone, your AI partners will be fairly useless. They can take a fair amount of damage and seem to have some stealth capabilities (seen some AI partners standing among police officers like they were one of them and the cops never turned on them), as well as being a distraction. Other times they'll go down in the middle of a cluster**** of cops. They can only shoot, shout at civilians to get down, revive team mates, take a lot of damage and not break stealth during the casing phase, which means you have to do the objectives and carry any bags. At least they're not required to be at the escape vehicle to end the level.

The mission select menu is randomized, giving you a small handful of heists at random difficulties for a small period of time before disappearing and generating another one. Annoying when you want to do certain heists or play on a certain difficulty, but I can understand what they wanted to achieve with it (AKA heists are opportunities, wait too long and they're gone).

There are also money sinks such as skills costing both money and points, weapon mods costing money to attach each time (So remove a mod and attaching it again costs money). Seems to annoy people because attaching a silencer costs thousands of dollars and seems completely unrealistic. Same with designing masks with materials you unlocked. Doesn't really bother me much since money is easy to come by and it's just designed as a sink.

Rewards are randomized between weapon mods, masks, mask patterns/materials/colors and cash. So getting certain mods may be hard to come by, but they do start you off with some basic mods like a silencer. People end up farming small heists quickly for mods.

At the time being, they are missing safe house customization and Cloakers (special type of cop), but they plan to add it later as a free update because they felt like it wasn't up to their standards yet. They also plan to release I think 4-5 DLC heists down the road, with one known as Armored Truck that will be free to people who preordered.

Though with that said, I tend to love coop games like this and am having a blast. Definitely worth the $50 I paid for it (That was the CCE edition, it's $30 regular on steam). Definitely a coop oriented game, so keep that in mind.
---
- - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >' )
#7The_Beer_Scotch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 2:47:55 PM
Sniping_Turtle posted...
Neat.

1) 1006.

2) I got it for PC, so not sure how the PS3 or 360 versions fair (Though the original Payday was supported more on the PC).

I'm enjoying the game so far, but it is coop oriented. If you plan to play it alone, your AI partners will be fairly useless. They can take a fair amount of damage and seem to have some stealth capabilities (seen some AI partners standing among police officers like they were one of them and the cops never turned on them), as well as being a distraction. Other times they'll go down in the middle of a cluster**** of cops. They can only shoot, shout at civilians to get down, revive team mates, take a lot of damage and not break stealth during the casing phase, which means you have to do the objectives and carry any bags. At least they're not required to be at the escape vehicle to end the level.

The mission select menu is randomized, giving you a small handful of heists at random difficulties for a small period of time before disappearing and generating another one. Annoying when you want to do certain heists or play on a certain difficulty, but I can understand what they wanted to achieve with it (AKA heists are opportunities, wait too long and they're gone).

There are also money sinks such as skills costing both money and points, weapon mods costing money to attach each time (So remove a mod and attaching it again costs money). Seems to annoy people because attaching a silencer costs thousands of dollars and seems completely unrealistic. Same with designing masks with materials you unlocked. Doesn't really bother me much since money is easy to come by and it's just designed as a sink.

Rewards are randomized between weapon mods, masks, mask patterns/materials/colors and cash. So getting certain mods may be hard to come by, but they do start you off with some basic mods like a silencer. People end up farming small heists quickly for mods.

At the time being, they are missing safe house customization and Cloakers (special type of cop), but they plan to add it later as a free update because they felt like it wasn't up to their standards yet. They also plan to release I think 4-5 DLC heists down the road, with one known as Armored Truck that will be free to people who preordered.

Though with that said, I tend to love coop games like this and am having a blast. Definitely worth the $50 I paid for it (That was the CCE edition, it's $30 regular on steam). Definitely a coop oriented game, so keep that in mind.

Thank you.

It would be the pc version I would grab.

How is the match making? As I am recently split up from my partner in a strange city, real life friends are few and far betweem currently :p
---
Something Japanese
#8FMLGPosted 8/16/2013 2:51:08 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Sniping_Turtle posted...
Neat.

1) 1006.

Thank you.

It would be the pc version I would grab.

How is the match making? As I am recently split up from my partner in a strange city, real life friends are few and far betweem currently :p

Spoken like a true TESticle.
---
Remember Zapdos made ya!
I agree with everything FMLG say because we are twin sisters. -SpoonForkKnife
#9The_Beer_Scotch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 2:52:58 PM
Why you be mean? :(
---
Something Japanese
#10FMLGPosted 8/16/2013 2:54:43 PM
Baka Beery, desu.

^u^
---