New to game, need help creating a build

#11NyxsinPosted 8/17/2013 8:02:48 PM
ShadowHunterHQ posted...
I am new to the elder scroll series and this is my first time playing Skyrim. I did a little research and know that there is a a limit to how many perks you can use and I don't want to waste them.

My character is a Breton who will be mostly using spells for long range attack and two swords for close range encounters. Not sure about armor. Any advice would be helpful, thanks

One Handed, Light Armor, Destruction, Restoration, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Alteration for the Magic Resist and Absorb Magic. Stat allocation ( IMO ) 2 Magic/ 3 HP/ 1 Stamina ( Respite perk restores Stamina as well as HP. )
---
Main Pawn: Raven Lv. 200 Ranger - Challenger/Mitigator/Utilitarian
Alt Pawn: Ayia Lv. 200 Mage - Utilitarian/Medicant/Challenger
#12Evil_SandwichPosted 8/17/2013 9:00:24 PM
Nyxsin posted...
This is fine for YOU, but it really does make the game boring... same with Resto looping, and the Alchemy > Enchanting > Smithing abuse. Pick 6-7 skills youd like to focus your perks into, grinding all skills to 81 for max perks gets kind of boring and tedious. If you find you don't like your current build, or get bored of it, complete Dragonborn and you can get all invested perks back, to basically build a new character. My suggestion would be to NOT put everything into HP, you'll barely be able to carry anything, and the enchanting armor so you use no Mana, is again, pretty boring. Build your character how YOU want, if youd like to use ranged magick attacks, then switch to dual wield swords, by all means do it up.

Didn't read, lol.

Pro tip: if you're gonna give advice try spacing out you sentences next time.

Also, don't try to tell ME anything about Skyrim because I know more about the game then 90% of the people on this board including YOU.
#13LightgamerPosted 8/17/2013 9:31:03 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Nyxsin posted...
This is fine for YOU, but it really does make the game boring... same with Resto looping, and the Alchemy > Enchanting > Smithing abuse. Pick 6-7 skills youd like to focus your perks into, grinding all skills to 81 for max perks gets kind of boring and tedious. If you find you don't like your current build, or get bored of it, complete Dragonborn and you can get all invested perks back, to basically build a new character. My suggestion would be to NOT put everything into HP, you'll barely be able to carry anything, and the enchanting armor so you use no Mana, is again, pretty boring. Build your character how YOU want, if youd like to use ranged magick attacks, then switch to dual wield swords, by all means do it up.

Didn't read, lol.

Also, don't try to tell ME anything about Skyrim because I know more about the game then 90% of the people on this board including YOU.

Don't act all special. The first five words were meant for you. Everything else, was for TC.

Now quit being Mr.Elitist.
---
Xbox Live: GodintheGalaxy, PSN: EuphoricJudas
#14NyxsinPosted 8/17/2013 9:53:03 PM
Lightgamer posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Nyxsin posted...

Didn't read, lol.

Don't act all special. The first five words were meant for you. Everything else, was for TC.

Exactly, thank you. I wasn't trying to "belittle" you in anyway Sandwich, and once again, this is a video game forum, not english school. Anyone can read anything I post perfectly well. For a first run through the game, it's way more fun, to just HAVE fun. You can re-perk later on once you get the hang of things and find out what you prefer ( TC ). If he ended up having 600+ HP, and 100 Stamina/Magic, with spells costing absolutely no mana, what's the fun in that? This is someone brand new to Elder Scrolls, let him do what HE likes to do. I'm merely giving suggestions to keep him interested in the game during his playthrough. I'm sorry if you felt I was "attacking" you in any way, or saying I knew more. I've played Elder Scroll games ever since Morrowind, so I do know a few tid bits here and there.
---
Main Pawn: Raven Lv. 200 Ranger - Challenger/Mitigator/Utilitarian
Alt Pawn: Ayia Lv. 200 Mage - Utilitarian/Medicant/Challenger
#15simonbelmont2Posted 8/18/2013 6:41:39 AM
Nyxsin posted...
Lightgamer posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Nyxsin posted...

Didn't read, lol.

Exactly, thank you. I wasn't trying to "belittle" you in anyway Sandwich, and once again, this is a video game forum, not english school. Anyone can read anything I post perfectly well. For a first run through the game, it's way more fun, to just HAVE fun. You can re-perk later on once you get the hang of things and find out what you prefer ( TC ). If he ended up having 600+ HP, and 100 Stamina/Magic, with spells costing absolutely no mana, what's the fun in that? This is someone brand new to Elder Scrolls, let him do what HE likes to do. I'm merely giving suggestions to keep him interested in the game during his playthrough. I'm sorry if you felt I was "attacking" you in any way, or saying I knew more. I've played Elder Scroll games ever since Morrowind, so I do know a few tid bits here and there.

I agree mate!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#16ShadowHunterHQ(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 1:37:44 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, if you have any more keep them coming. Not sure yet how I want to distribute stamina,mana, and health but at least have a basic map for how I want to build my character. Although I am concerned, is there any way to "improperly" build a character (not intentionally putting perks in the wrong place) and make the game too difficult or should I be able to manage the curve and respec when I am ready
---
You know its been a good party if there's an open container of butter lying around
Gamer Tag: Penguin Justice
#17Evil_SandwichPosted 8/19/2013 1:52:05 AM(edited)
ShadowHunterHQ posted...
Thanks for the suggestions guys, if you have any more keep them coming. Not sure yet how I want to distribute stamina,mana, and health but at least have a basic map for how I want to build my character. Although I am concerned, is there any way to "improperly" build a character (not intentionally putting perks in the wrong place) and make the game too difficult or should I be able to manage the curve and respec when I am ready

Nope.

The game stupid easy no matter what you do...
#18Baugh_22Posted 8/19/2013 6:23:08 AM(edited)
If you need any more suggestions, the blog has a good amount of RP builds.
http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/the-character-build-archive
---
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/nash/wtfiwwy
#19JMLSPPosted 8/19/2013 6:32:53 AM
ShadowHunterHQ posted...

Relax and play it your way...

If you don't like the way you distributed the perks, assuming you have the Legendary edition, you can set your skills to legendary and get the perk points back, or finish de Dragonborn DLC and redistribute them.

And if you think the game is too hard (or too easy) just set the game difficult, you can do that at anytime by pressing start and going into settings.

Just relax, and have fun, man!