C/D More necromancy in the next game

#1royicPosted 8/19/2013 10:19:57 AM
Thieves can become vampires for super thief powers
Warriors can become werewolves for super attack powers
Mages should be able to become liches for super magic powers.
---
GT-Ducksaws
Mount and Blade is fun.
#2RikiazPosted 8/19/2013 10:21:47 AM
Yes. Please. Please please please please!!! Please, Bethesda, Please!!!!!
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#3silverhunter16Posted 8/19/2013 10:32:20 AM
C for more necromancy

D for what you posted TC

I want necromancy to receive its own skill tree with spells that can summon wraiths, skeletons, etc. as well as raising dead enemies.
---
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.
#4Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 8/19/2013 10:37:14 AM
What does any of that besides being a lich have to do with necromancy?
---
http://i.imgur.com/AJS7VHe.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Fy3BQYr.jpg
#5MrcTOtheJPosted 8/19/2013 10:52:51 AM
What van said, as those first two have little to nothing about Necromancy.

That said I've love to be a Lich, and while Skyrim was better than Oblivion about Necromancy more of it is allways good.
---
Currently Waiting for: GTAV, FFXV, MGS5, Destiny, Watch Dogs, NFS Rivals, FFX/X-2 HD, LR:FFXIII, and the PS4
Currently Playing: FF XIII,FF XIII-2
#6Dark_ApostatePosted 8/19/2013 10:57:16 AM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Skyrim was better than Oblivion about Necromancy more of it is allways good.

Explain please. Skyrim removed the drain and damage spells, the mysticism skill, and crammed the bare bones effects into conjuration/restoration. How, in any sense, did Skyrim handle necromancy better than Oblivion?

That said, being a lich is no easy feat. While it would be cool, the process would be a quest longer than many of the story lines in Skyrim. I am also sure you would not get nearly as many advantages as a lich truly should.
#7JMLSPPosted 8/19/2013 11:01:33 AM
Dark_Apostate posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...

Explain please. Skyrim removed the drain and damage spells, the mysticism skill, and crammed the bare bones effects into conjuration/restoration. How, in any sense, did Skyrim handle necromancy better than Oblivion?

That said, being a lich is no easy feat. While it would be cool, the process would be a quest longer than many of the story lines in Skyrim. I am also sure you would not get nearly as many advantages as a lich truly should.

The quest would be huge, but it would also be awesome...
#8MrcTOtheJPosted 8/19/2013 11:03:13 AM
Dark_Apostate posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...

Um how are Drain and Damage Necromancy? And Mysticism? Necromancy is the raiseing of dead bodies and such I guess I can see how Drain and Damage are in there but with Oblivion you could only raise bodies via the Staff of Worms. I do see where you're coming from on that I never really considered Drain or Damage into Conjuration good point, neither of them really did it well.

Also yeah being a Lich would require allot of work, personally I'd love it if it was in, and required Work as just about nothing in Skyrim required much work, and you'd progress though a lengthy quest line with a reward that's worth it. (Though like you said it likely wouldn't be)
---
Currently Waiting for: GTAV, FFXV, MGS5, Destiny, Watch Dogs, NFS Rivals, FFX/X-2 HD, LR:FFXIII, and the PS4
#9Dark_ApostatePosted 8/19/2013 11:28:57 AM
MrcTOtheJ posted...

Um how are Drain and Damage Necromancy? And Mysticism? Necromancy is the raiseing of dead bodies and such I guess I can see how Drain and Damage are in there but with Oblivion you could only raise bodies via the Staff of Worms. I do see where you're coming from on that I never really considered Drain or Damage into Conjuration good point, neither of them really did it well.

Also yeah being a Lich would require allot of work, personally I'd love it if it was in, and required Work as just about nothing in Skyrim required much work, and you'd progress though a lengthy quest line with a reward that's worth it. (Though like you said it likely wouldn't be)

Necromancy is magic dealing with life energy. To steal it, trap it, suppress it, enhance it, or quash it. Animation of undead automatons is only the most simple of applications. Necromancy can be considered benign or criminal, given the application and circumstances. However, given slippery slope of power over death, most necromancers end up being on the evil side.

Stealing a soul to fuel your magic? Criminal. Boosting the vigor and life energy of an ally to assit him in battle? Benign. Animating dead bodies to defend the sanctity of their tomb? Grey, very middle ground.

The animation spells, should not be in Conjuration as they conjure nothing. The previous games allowed you to summon undead, and that would be appropriate. Soul Trap is clearly necromancy as it manipulates spirit energy. Necromage as well as several of the healing perks would qualify as Necromancy as well.

The skill/school of Mysticism encompassed things like spirit manipulation/damage, wards and protection, and draining of abilities/stats.
#10MrcTOtheJPosted 8/19/2013 11:31:41 AM
Dark_Apostate posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...

Necromancy is magic dealing with life energy. To steal it, trap it, suppress it, enhance it, or quash it. Animation of undead automatons is only the most simple of applications. Necromancy can be considered benign or criminal, given the application and circumstances. However, given slippery slope of power over death, most necromancers end up being on the evil side.

Stealing a soul to fuel your magic? Criminal. Boosting the vigor and life energy of an ally to assit him in battle? Benign. Animating dead bodies to defend the sanctity of their tomb? Grey, very middle ground.

The animation spells, should not be in Conjuration as they conjure nothing. The previous games allowed you to summon undead, and that would be appropriate. Soul Trap is clearly necromancy as it manipulates spirit energy. Necromage as well as several of the healing perks would qualify as Necromancy as well.

The skill/school of Mysticism encompassed things like spirit manipulation/damage, wards and protection, and draining of abilities/stats.

Yeah you have some good points I see where you're coming from, and it makes me miss Oblivion and playing as a Mage in that, you could become pretty damn powerful in that as a Mage with custom spells.

I really hope they bring back allot of those spells and allot of the old Conjuration spells, and put the Necromancy in Mystisism or it's own tree as well.
---