What skill trees would you like to see in the next game?

#1TwoBladesOneBowPosted 8/19/2013 1:34:39 PM
One Handed, Illusion, Alchemy. These are just three of the skill trees we havs in Skyrim. If they were to use a similar system of skill trees in the next game what would you want the skill trees to be?
---
"We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt."
#2vamosalaplayaPosted 8/19/2013 1:37:49 PM
Unarmed
Unarmored
Spellcrafting
Dancing
#3FMLGPosted 8/19/2013 1:37:51 PM
Wayfarer from SkyRe (a mod), if done by Devs, could be amazing.
---
Remember Zapdos made ya!
I agree with everything FMLG say because we are twin sisters. -SpoonForkKnife
#4royicPosted 8/19/2013 1:41:50 PM
unarmed ( if skyrim perks stay, focused on using gauntlets for offense)
mysticism (returned with jump spells, mark, recall, and half the branch dedicated to necromancy)
---
GT-Ducksaws
Mount and Blade is fun.
#5simonbelmont2Posted 8/19/2013 1:47:30 PM
Unarmed
Acrobatics
Throwing Weapons
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#6MrcTOtheJPosted 8/19/2013 2:11:07 PM
Unarmed
Acrobatics
Necromancy (Involved raising the undead and blood magic like drain and absorb)

@FMLG can you go into that skill tree for the uninformed?
---
Currently Waiting for: GTAV, FFXV, MGS5, Destiny, Watch Dogs, NFS Rivals, FFX/X-2 HD, LR:FFXIII, and the PS4
Currently Playing: FF XIII,FF XIII-2
#7thor23Posted 8/19/2013 2:45:45 PM
royic posted...
unarmed ( if skyrim perks stay, focused on using gauntlets for offense)
mysticism (returned with jump spells, mark, recall, and half the branch dedicated to necromancy)

I don't think necromancy will work in any other tree than conjuration. If you move necromancy to a different skill, then conjuration becomes pretty useless. Why would anyone bother training conjuration if they could train mysticism and have access to raising minions plus a bunch of other spells? Plus, they'd have to move telekineses and detect life back into Mysticism, and Alteration is severely lacking variety as it is.

Unfortunately I think Mysticism needs to stay dead. Keep necromancy under the conjuration tree, and move mark and recall to Alteration. And the jump spell was already in Alteration.

Maybe they could add "drain <skill/attribute>" spells to conjuration too, for necromancers. It sounds like a weird categorisation, but you could make the argument that drawing energy from a target is like "conjuring" it. This would also give conjuration some spells that could be casted more often/simultaneously, so it wouldn't take so long to level up. Then "damage <skill/attribute>" spells should be re-added to destruction, so that destruction gets some non-elemental spells.
#8RikiazPosted 8/19/2013 3:16:14 PM
thor23 posted...
Maybe they could add "drain <skill/attribute>" spells to conjuration too, for necromancers. It sounds like a weird categorisation, but you could make the argument that drawing energy from a target is like "conjuring" it. This would also give conjuration some spells that could be casted more often/simultaneously, so it wouldn't take so long to level up. Then "damage <skill/attribute>" spells should be re-added to destruction, so that destruction gets some non-elemental spells.

Absorb should be in Destruction, Restoration, or Alteration. Conjuration should get Summoning, Reanimation, Soul Trap, and Bound items. Also Restoration should get an actual Resurrection spell.

As for me, I want all the skills in TESVI to be the following

One Handed; With perks for new power attacks and bonuses for each weapon type and a side branchs for Dual Wielding and using a single weapon with no off hand. Also no more stupid +X% damage perks.

Two Handed; Like One handed but not copy-pasta'd, I'd like to see Two handed power attacks have different effects than one handed. Also no more stupid +X% damage perks.

Block; Perks that give effects for "timed blocking" and having bash attacks that are like power attacks, such as a disarm bash that you have to hold left or right while bashing. Or a staggering bash that you lunge towards them and hit them with your shield. Also no more stupid block X% better perks.

Archery; Seperate branches for Long Bows, Short Bows, and Crossbows. Also no more stupid +X% damage perks.

Heavy Armor; Make it more different that Light Armor. Heavy Armor should be really heavy and slow you down while using it but give you 70-90% damage reduction while making it nearly impossible to sneak. Also no more stupid +X% armor rating perks.

Armorer; Repairing and improving condition of weapons and armor. Oh yeah and bring back gear degradation and do away with Skyrim's broken Smithing style. Also no gear creation, broken and stupid.

Unarmed; Like One and Two handed but perks will deal with blocking while unarmed and using gauntlets as "weapons." Also no stupid +X% damage perks.

Stealth; Make it less broken. Also should have perks that let you craft special stealth gear, such as special arrows that put out lights or make light or cause noise ect and some other perks that help you disguise yourself to blend in to certain factions without needing to sneak around. Also no more stupid sneak X% more effectively perks. Oh yeah and move pickpocketing back into here.

Security (Lockpicking); I would rename it Security and have it govern locks and traps. If you have relevent perks you should be able to make your own traps. Also no more stupid lockpicking is X% easier perks.

Social (Speech); In addition to the barter perks there should be perks that allow you to get people that like you to follow you. Also should have some perks that affect followers. Also no more stupid bartering is X% better perks.

Light Armor; Make it more different than heavy armor. Should give a small damage reduction but also have the ability to dodge attacks. Also no more stupid +X% armor rating perks.

Alchemy; You should be able to make special items (such as bombs made from atronach salts and stuff) also make it less broken. Also no more stupid +X% stronger potions perks.

Athletics; Bring it back and make it interesting. Should include Acrobatics as well. And make it less silly than Oblivion.

Destruction; Should have the following spell effects: Fire, Frost, Shock, Poison, Damage Attributes/Skills. Perks should give certain spells special effects, like Disitigrate, Deep Freeze ect. Pretty straight forward school.

(Cont.)
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#9FMLGPosted 8/19/2013 3:18:20 PM
Wayfarer is pretty much what you'd expect, it has things about making tents and fires, stopping animals attacking you and iirc had some things you'd expect acrobatics and athletics.
---
Remember Zapdos made ya!
I agree with everything FMLG say because we are twin sisters. -SpoonForkKnife
#10VampyreFoxPosted 8/19/2013 3:23:13 PM
Unarmed, unarmored, athletics, acrobatics.

And more destruction elements. I will be sad if they don't have sun and poison even though those are restoration.
---
The official vampire eccentric of the Skyrim boards.