Blades worse than The Silver Hand? (Spoilers)

#1VeezaraPosted 8/20/2013 1:54:38 PM
The Silver Hand are a group of thugs, they would kill a werewolf just because it is a werewolf, it doesn't matter if it is actually a good person. The Companions have been one of the most respected groups in Skyrim since Ysgramor but the Silver Hand have named them their enemies because in recent times the high up members have become werewolves.
The Blades, dragon hunters, would kill a dragon simply because it is a dragon. Even if it is one on your side. As if anyone Paarthunax killed millennia ago would still be alive anyway plus the reason that humans survived is mainly because Paarthunax taught them the Thuum.
The SH would kill a werewolf for being a werewolf, The Blades would kill a dragon for being a dragon. They are even so far but what makes the Blades worse is people choose to become werewolves. The Companions are one of my favourite groups, Skjor gives you the choice, I chose to become a werewolf. Sometimes I cure it after the Dawnguard questline is finished and there are a lot less vampire attacks, sometimes I just keep the lycanthropy. Although most of the werewolf members of the Companions end up curing themselves they all chose to become werewolves at one point. Dragons on the other hand are as Paarthunax said, as Akatosh made them. They didn't choose to be dragons, they just are. Most are hostile and need to be fought but the Blades think the right thing is to kill a dragon just because of what it is, even if it's on your side.
#2PimpHandofGodPosted 8/20/2013 2:00:12 PM
Some people choose, others catch a disease and can't control it.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#3tlemast3Posted 8/20/2013 2:49:22 PM
The Blades have a very good reason for wanting all of the dragons dead.

(Spoilers?)

Dragons once enslaved men and dragons kill humans on a fairly regular basis. The blades are mankind's answer to dragons. Besides, doesn't Paarthurnax also say that dragons are born evil and have the urge to dominate and kill the "lesser" races?

I personally don't agree with the "kill a dragon because it's a dragon" thing, but I do understand why others (such as the blades) would.
#4NepharenPosted 8/20/2013 3:02:47 PM
tlemast3 posted...

(Spoilers?)

Dragons once enslaved men and dragons kill humans on a fairly regular basis. The blades are mankind's answer to dragons. Besides, doesn't Paarthurnax also say that dragons are born evil and have the urge to dominate and kill the "lesser" races?

I personally don't agree with the "kill a dragon because it's a dragon" thing, but I do understand why others (such as the blades) would.

Evil is a very subjective term. He does state that dragons have the natural urge to dominate and rule. Killing seems to be a means to an end to establish dominance resulting in a pecking order among the dov based on ones power.

Even the dragonborn is guilty of this to an extent, to challenge alduin, and to a lesser extent parthy, is to establish your power among the other dov. Depending on your actions you could be the one that all other dov will bow to.
#5Claimh_SoliasPosted 8/20/2013 3:05:46 PM
Again, and so soon?
---
:/xU rre vega a.u.k. zz ayulsa siance/ xU rre vega a.u.k. zodal sechel/:
This is not an eternal paradise. it is only a city of the dead.
#6TornadofoxPosted 8/20/2013 3:40:03 PM
*spoilers*

The Companions strain of lycanthropy is a special one from the pact between Hircine and the harpy coven that can only be spread consensually. The Companions are also resilient individuals themselves and are in full control if their transformations. The average werewolves are feral, contagious beasts that operate instinctually.

The silver hand is a cult, but one that probably started with good intentions from the survivors of lycanthrope attacks.

The blades can suck an ash yam.
#7IamI3rianPosted 8/20/2013 3:40:19 PM
Genocide is still unforgivable.

Outliving the victims of your massacre doesn't mean it's OK.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Wish I could play Skyrim again for the first time. -AflockOfHippies
#8Brenz0rPosted 8/20/2013 4:34:30 PM
IamI3rian posted...

And that's why the Dragonguard, and now the Blades, don't deserve forgiveness for attempted genocide of dragons.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#9alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 8/20/2013 4:59:36 PM
Nepharen posted...
tlemast3 posted...

(Spoilers?)

Evil is a very subjective term. He does state that dragons have the natural urge to dominate and rule. Killing seems to be a means to an end to establish dominance resulting in a pecking order among the dov based on ones power.

Even the dragonborn is guilty of this to an extent, to challenge alduin, and to a lesser extent parthy, is to establish your power among the other dov. Depending on your actions you could be the one that all other dov will bow to.

Evil is the term that Paarthy himself uses.
---
Black 2 FC: 0605 5786 7352
#10DarkSeraphMPosted 8/20/2013 5:20:51 PM
Brenz0r posted...
IamI3rian posted...

And that's why the Dragonguard, and now the Blades, don't deserve forgiveness for attempted genocide of dragons.

Bam.
---
As tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.
I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the earth.