Is conjuration worth it?

#1RitalinfiendPosted 8/21/2013 1:45:56 AM
I just got conjure dremora lord. He doesn't do much damage but since he's in the way I don't hit as often with my destruction spells. The fights take longer with him then without him. I don't have elemental potency yet. Should I get that and use atronachs instead?
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#2NyxsinPosted 8/21/2013 1:50:47 AM
At higher levels the Atronach Thralls with Elemental Potency, are pretty sweet. They get stuck a lot though, and can often get in the way. Dragonborn has an "Augment" that allows your companions to take no damage from your attacks/spells. Id recommend that.
---
Main Pawn: Raven Lv. 200 Ranger - Challenger/Mitigator/Utilitarian
Alt Pawn: Ayia Lv. 200 Mage - Utilitarian/Medicant/Challenger
#3Evil_SandwichPosted 8/21/2013 4:23:29 AM
Once you hit level 46 or higher Sanguine's Rose actually summons a more powerful version of Dremora Lord than the spell.

You can also use it to summon 2 at once with the Twin Souls perk.
#4DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 8/21/2013 5:32:58 AM
Necromancy or don't even bother.
Actually... don't even bother with that. Just get the Atherial Crown, slap "The Ritual" stone on that, and keep re-equipping it for infinite ressurects (the day long cooldown resets every time you take the crown off) with no skill point or magika investment.

With Necromancy, when you fight a tough opponent you know they're at least gonna be tough ressurected.
With other summons... yeah... they stop being worth anything past level 35 or so. They die incredible fast, don't do much damage, and are a distraction at best.

Or better yet, invest in Illusion, like Necromancy it will turn tough enemies into tough allies, except now you don't even have to kill them first. Also it's kinda fun to RP a succubus and use your mind-controlling charms to make everyone fight to the death for you. Highly recommended you take stealth with this build though, and have a fallback combat skill like One-Handed or Destruction for enemies like Dragons that aren't susceptible to illusion. It's also good to memorize the ingredients for a "Fortify Illusion" potion, as even without alot of skill or perk investment in Alchemy those extra few levels the potion adds can be the difference between between hitting that level 50 Dragon Priest and Calming him for a backstab... or getting slaughtered when your spell fizzles.
#5The_nWjoePosted 8/21/2013 6:48:05 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Once you hit level 46 or higher Sanguine's Rose actually summons a more powerful version of Dremora Lord than the spell.

Does using staves build xp in the related schools of magic? Ex. will a staff of fireballs build up your destruction?
#6DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 8/21/2013 6:58:55 AM
The_nWjoe posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...

Does using staves build xp in the related schools of magic? Ex. will a staff of fireballs build up your destruction?

No, staves give no experience at all.
#7JMLSPPosted 8/21/2013 7:11:49 AM
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
The_nWjoe posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...

No, staves give no experience at all.

Which IMO is kinda wrong...
#8Perma-n00bPosted 8/21/2013 7:46:34 AM
2 Dremora Lords is almost broken. I usually cast them and focus on the enemies that they aren't engaged in. There aren't any enemies other than top tier dragons and a few unique boss battles that 2 dremoras can't solo two on one.

As for getting in your way, you just have to get used to manuevering behind enemies who are fighting your pets, its not hard it just takes getting used to.
#9PowerPuffPosted 8/21/2013 9:28:18 AM
Your dremora lord doesn't kill anything? Seriously? Because mine just about kills everything. Maybe u should get storm atronach.
---
"Gameplay is why I will play Galaga for the thousandth time but one more second of LAIR will make my nuts shrivel and die." LilBandit
#10turn_basedPosted 8/21/2013 9:37:46 AM
Lol at the thought of Dremora Lords not doing enough damage or dying to quickly.

I find summoning while playing on Legendary to be my equalizer, my enabler. Plus, um, Bound Bow and all that.

I perk the left and right side of the tree and have no intentions on resetting it.

I also trained Erik the Slayer with my summons, prior to giving him better equipment, (he also made for a good tester which I enjoyed, acting like a jedi master to him:)

Yeah, IMO, Conjuration is boss, as is Illusion. Makes playing Legendary less frustrating!
---
The ones in the gold masks are party crashers, but all are welcome to the Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball