Is there a way to make myself weak to fire though ccs?

#1WT_NeptunePosted 9/3/2013 9:26:25 AM
I'm going for a pure frost mage high elf. I made him basically immune to frost, and buffed his frost damage. Is there any way to make myself weak to fire?
---
Scan editor, Tournament frequenter, liker of water-related-type-stuff.
Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.
#2silverhunter16Posted 9/3/2013 9:43:42 AM
Become a vampire, only permanent way to get fire weakness.

Temporary way would be to hand craft a potion with a weakness to fire effect
---
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.
#3Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 9/3/2013 10:56:46 AM
Why go pure frost Mage? Prepare to summon frost atronachs to tank 100% of all dwarven dungeons cuz automatons are completely immune to the element.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AJS7VHe.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Fy3BQYr.jpg
#4NepharenPosted 9/3/2013 11:19:45 AM
Van_Of_The_Dawn posted...
Why go pure frost Mage? Prepare to summon frost atronachs to tank 100% of all dwarven dungeons cuz automatons are completely immune to the element.

It annoys me that the dwemer automatons are immune to frost. I remember reading a book about a mage exploring a dwarven ruin and had to battle a dwemer steam centurion. He used a frost spell to stop it from moving, either it condensed the steam it uses to function or he froze the joints....

Either way, frost spells should have effected them like a paralysis spell or at least cause them a little damage. A missed opportunity.
#5silverhunter16Posted 9/3/2013 12:18:53 PM
The jumping/exploding spiders from the Dragonborn DLC bypass enemy immunity

I experimented with them before and the initial explosion does damage to enemies, it's only the lingering effects that they resist.
---
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.
#6RampagingwalrusPosted 9/3/2013 12:24:22 PM
silverhunter16 posted...

I experimented with them before and the initial explosion does damage to enemies, it's only the lingering effects that they resist.

They also do very mediocre damage, and have really bad pathing. So if you plan on trying to clear out some Dwemer ruins with them, you will need roughly half a ton of them. Or, more than you could possibly carry.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#7silverhunter16Posted 9/3/2013 12:45:54 PM(edited)
Rampagingwalrus posted...
silverhunter16 posted...

They also do very mediocre damage, and have really bad pathing. So if you plan on trying to clear out some Dwemer ruins with them, you will need roughly half a ton of them. Or, more than you could possibly carry.

I don't know about mediocre damage, I usually had 6 flame cloaked spiders following me and they usually made quick work of anything when they all ganged up on a single target, hell I had a single frost cloaked spider kill Dukaan before.

I agree with the pathing issue but that applies to practically everything in the game.
---
#8RampagingwalrusPosted 9/3/2013 12:47:17 PM
silverhunter16 posted...
I don't know about mediocre damage, I usually had 6 flame cloaked following me and they usually make quick work of anything when they all ganged up on a single target, hell I had a single frost cloaked spider kill Dukaan before.

I agree with the pathing issue but that applies to practically everything in the game.

Might have just been me. Whenever I tried to use them, they would almost always die before doing any damage. Either from jumping into walls and exploding, doing nothing, or by being killed by the enemy, again, doing nothing. Having to use a dozen or so, to kill even the weakest enemies just turned me off of them.
---
#9WT_Neptune(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 12:47:40 PM
Chillrend still does physical damage, I assume? That would be my contingency plan.
---
Scan editor, Tournament frequenter, liker of water-related-type-stuff.
Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.
#10RampagingwalrusPosted 9/3/2013 12:49:34 PM
WT_Neptune posted...
Chillrend still does physical damage, I assume? That would be my contingency plan.

Mages do not use weapons.
---