The Headstart Modded Save Collection

#51VasDeferensPosted 9/4/2013 6:33:07 PM
I thought just the opposite : I felt that I have no immediate need to get the PC version of Skyrim because modded saves like these will do enough for the 360 version .
#52TaigaWilliamPosted 9/4/2013 8:53:35 PM
*looking through the more detailed notes in the download*
*no marrying Lisette in Solitude*
Sad.

Illia is pretty awesome, though. How does that affect her hiring/firing quirks, if at all?
---
PSN: rebel_nowe | Maerlyn | 200 | Support Mage
PSN: TaigaWilliam | Cadence | 200 | TG Strider
#53LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:00:35 PM
TaigaWilliam posted...
*looking through the more detailed notes in the download*
*no marrying Lisette in Solitude*
Sad.

Illia is pretty awesome, though. How does that affect her hiring/firing quirks, if at all?

I actually wanted Lisette too but we just couldn't get the commands to work for her. I share your sadness.

We tried to fix a few things related to followers. One of them that should work now is Illia's follower status. You should be able to ask her to be your follower repeatedly now.

We also tried changing the combat class of some followers to make them more effective. You'll need to ask jammy for a list of who got changed into what.
#54NepharenPosted 9/4/2013 10:00:42 PM
Merely wanted to say that you sir, are awesome.
Both of you have my gratitude for this. It's been a while since I've been genuinely exicited to play skyrim to see what was added.

A quick question, are there any differences between the essentials and the items added for heavy, medium, and light? Just tried the more essentials version of heavy and light, was wondering if I just need to check one more or seven more to see all the possible items I can play with.
#55jammymacsterPosted 9/4/2013 10:47:40 PM
The following followers have had their classes changed to better match their default gear:

Adelaisa Vendicci - CombatWarrior1h (She was previously a Citizen class which was terrible)
Athis - Ranger
Beleval - CombatWarrior1h
Cosnach - Ranger
Dirge - CombatThief
Erik the Slayer - CombatWarrior2h
Ghorbash the Iron Hand - CombatWarrior1h
Ria - Ranger
Roggi Knot-Beard - Ranger
Torvar - Ranger
Ugor - CombatWarrior1h
Uthgerd the Unbroken - CombatWarrior2h
Vorstag - Ranger

Potential bug fixes:

Illia should be able to be recruited and dismissed without issue.
Aela, Farkas and Vilkas have been removed from the guard faction to hopefully fix the glitch that causes them to relentlessly chase after the player if they have a bounty despite not having the dialogue for it.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
#56LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 8:35:04 AM
Nepharen posted...
Merely wanted to say that you sir, are awesome.
Both of you have my gratitude for this. It's been a while since I've been genuinely exicited to play skyrim to see what was added.

A quick question, are there any differences between the essentials and the items added for heavy, medium, and light? Just tried the more essentials version of heavy and light, was wondering if I just need to check one more or seven more to see all the possible items I can play with.

Glad you're enjoying them. :)

All saves in the More Essentials folder have the exact same extra NPCs made essential. See the enclosed documentation for the list. All saves in the Less Essentials folder have the exact same NPCs with their essential tags removed. There are too many to list. You can now kill most members of the College, Thieves Guild, everyone in the Stormcloak/Imperial camps, most Jarls, Delphine, Esbern and various other NPCs.

A note on Delphine and Esbern: It is recommended that you locate and clear out Karthspire before retrieving Esbern. This decreases the chances of the two of them dying during the Main Quest and breaking the questline.

All Heavy Headstart files (no matter which Essential folder they are in) start you off with the exact same selection of items. The same applies to the Medium and Small Headstart saves. Unless I made a mistake putting the lists together each version of Heavy will start you off with the exact same items in your inventory so you need not worry about any differences when trying a different Essentials folder.
#57RavensRules69Posted 9/5/2013 9:23:02 AM
Works great for me; took forever to clear out my inventory though, until I remembered you can just get arrested or do the Thalmor Embassy quest and get it cleared that way. Great work, and thanks a ton!
---
Not changing this sig until Disney delivers a Star Wars movie that isn't utter crap
#58LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 9:28:12 AM
You know I'm curious, those that are using or plan to use these saves which ones are you using?

I started up a new playthrough using the Medium Boosted save from the Less Essentials folder.

What about you all?
#59RavensRules69Posted 9/5/2013 9:39:29 AM
LordTrinen posted...
You know I'm curious, those that are using or plan to use these saves which ones are you using?

I started up a new playthrough using the Medium Boosted save from the Less Essentials folder.

What about you all?

First one I used was the Heavy Boosted with Normal Essentials, just to see exactly what you included for kit; I do plan on giving them all a runthrough, though.
---
Not changing this sig until Disney delivers a Star Wars movie that isn't utter crap
#60LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 9:42:19 AM
RavensRules69 posted...
LordTrinen posted...

What about you all?

First one I used was the Heavy Boosted with Normal Essentials, just to see exactly what you included for kit; I do plan on giving them all a runthrough, though.

Yeah we included a lot of stuff in those Heavy saves. It may be a lot of stuff to store/get rid of but people who use it have the freedom to start roleplaying whatever kind of character they wish with whatever gear they wish right from the start.