The Headstart Modded Save Collection

#61RavensRules69Posted 9/5/2013 9:48:59 AM
LordTrinen posted...

Yeah we included a lot of stuff in those Heavy saves. It may be a lot of stuff to store/get rid of but people who use it have the freedom to start roleplaying whatever kind of character they wish with whatever gear they wish right from the start.

Yeah, kind of like Daggerfall did, with your starting questions determining what equipment you start off with. One of the things I liked best about that game; I understand why they stopped, what with your character being a prisoner and all, though. Skyrim always made me wonder though, if your character was "wrong place, wrong time" when the Imperials captured him, what happened to his possessions? They should have given you an option to reclaim your equipment from someplace in the fort, and you could choose from a selection of gear to start off with. Not necessarily endgame-quality, just something to deepen the (god I swore I'd never use this term) immersion!
---
Not changing this sig until Disney delivers a Star Wars movie that isn't utter crap
#62TaigaWilliamPosted 9/5/2013 10:02:49 AM
Working Illia? Will be breaking my Skyrim fast ASAP. >_>

Will probably go with Less Essentials, Small Headstart, Unboosted. I may go Boosted, if the build I decide on has Destruction, but I haven't decided on a build. Was rather thinking something melee, though, as Melee with Ice Resist is a great pairing with Illia. I did always like spellsword, but that might wreck things too much from a distance with me and Illia (and possibly double Destruction). I don't like being strong in this game. =/
---
PSN: rebel_nowe | Maerlyn | 200 | Support Mage
PSN: TaigaWilliam | Cadence | 200 | TG Strider
#63LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 5:22:53 PM
Decided to share a few powerleveling tricks that are very effective thanks to all the bonuses with these saves.

Enchanting
-If you have the Mage Stone and the Well-Rested bonus you can get your Enchanting skill into the 60s simply by disenchanting all the samples in your inventory. Youíll have plenty of Grand Soul Gems to enchant stuff with so buy/find/craft some stuff and enchant away to reach level 100. It actually doesnít matter which enchantments you use but Banish and Sneak are two high-priced enchantments.

Smithing
-With all the materials you start with you can craft pretty much anything. Gold Diamond Necklaces are an effective way to level quickly.

Alchemy
-With the 900% Alchemy Ring all saves start off with and all the alchemy ingredients in your inventory leveling is a snap. My favorite high-priced potion to make involves Bear Claws, Giantís Toe and Hanging Moss. Another option is to use the Resto Loop. As powerful as the ring is you can do it well with just it alone.

Speech
-After doing any of the above crafting tricks youíll have a lot of high-priced things to get rid of. Find a merchant who will buy them and just sell. Keep selling even after they run out of money and you still earn experience.

Magic Schools
-The 900% Enchanting Necklace can let you craft an item with 100% cost reduction in any school of magic. Use this to help you power level quickly. And since you start with all spells you cast high level spells to level quickly. For Restoration I recommend Circle of Protection. For Illusion I recommend Harmony in a crowded place. For Alteration I recommend Detect Life in a crowded place. For Conjuration I recommend casting Soul Trap repeatedly on a dead body. Sadly Destruction doesnít have a similar trick. You can try casting Flames and Healing Hands on a horse for an extended period or cast Incinerate and Heal Other on a Giant or Mammoth.

Lockpicking
-Find a Master level lock you havenít picked yet. Click on it to begin picking. Put a piece of tape on the control stick so it will continually try to pick the lock and end up breaking your lockpicks. Youíll get a little experience with each broken pick and with the large number of picks in your inventory you can leave the game alone for a while, get lots of experience and still have plenty of picks left over.
#64cobracorpPosted 9/5/2013 6:18:40 PM
Quick question....are the imperial/stormcloak soldiers killable in all the essentials packs or just the less essential one?

And to answer your survey...Im playing the normal essential, medium headstart, unboosted.
---
Umm... Hardware aisle twelve, shop smart, shop S-Mart!
#65LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 6:59:20 PM
cobracorp posted...
Quick question....are the imperial/stormcloak soldiers killable in all the essentials packs or just the less essential one?

And to answer your survey...Im playing the normal essential, medium headstart, unboosted.

Just the Less Essential packs. The leaders of the camps can only be killed in those saves.
#66mandalore2385Posted 9/6/2013 9:13:46 AM
I plan to start a Boosted-Heavy Save this weekend, This looks awesome guys. I might even name my character after LordTrinen and JammyMacster, maybe... Trinamacster. LOL seriously though guys, I'm sure this took a lot of work to create, so thanks again.
#67demonwyrmPosted 9/6/2013 11:20:14 AM
Just wanted to throw out a big thanks guys. This will definitely get me back into Skyrim. Hell, the two rings you included in all the builds is enough for me so I'll be using the small head start.

Quick question, I'm at work right now so I don't have access to the readme you included. Did you add increased bound weapon damage to the boosted head starts? It's no big deal, I was just curious.
#68VasDeferensPosted 9/6/2013 11:45:12 AM
Lord and Jammy, do you guys plan to upload updated versions of this in the future ? if you think of new things to add or tweak, I mean . Thanks.
#69LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:47:03 AM
demonwyrm posted...
Just wanted to throw out a big thanks guys. This will definitely get me back into Skyrim. Hell, the two rings you included in all the builds is enough for me so I'll be using the small head start.

Quick question, I'm at work right now so I don't have access to the readme you included. Did you add increased bound weapon damage to the boosted head starts? It's no big deal, I was just curious.

The duration for the Bound Weapons have been increased but I don't think damage has been changed. The Bound Weapons now last for 240 seconds rather than 120 seconds. All other Conjuration spells have their duration doubled as well.
#70LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 1:22:56 PM
VasDeferens posted...
Lord and Jammy, do you guys plan to upload updated versions of this in the future ? if you think of new things to add or tweak, I mean . Thanks.

We have no immediate plans to change anything in the saves we've released. If someone discovers a major glitch possibly caused by our changes or there is a big enough demand for something we might revisit the issue.

The only thing we are considering at the moment is a "Mixed Essentials" batch. It combines elements of the Less Essentials and More Essentials saves.

Some key NPCs will be made essential, mostly Housecarls and a few popular followers. Other NPCs will be made non-essential. Mostly I'm considering the leaders of the Stormcloak/Imperial camps and some hated NPCs like Maven, Delphine, etc. These saves would be a mix of watered down versions of the Less and More Essentials saves.

Now that I've presented the issue I may as well ask, in such saves which NPCs would you like made essential and which essential NPCs do you wish to kill? Who are you favorite followers and who do you wish that you could kill but can't during the normal game?