Best Elf race, best Human race, best beast race.

#21Billy-De-KidPosted 9/5/2013 4:23:35 PM
Sithis791 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
"Bretons are the human descendants of the Aldmeri-Nedic Manmer of the Merethic Era..."

"Their Elvish ancestry is usually only detectable upon a closer inspection of their eyebrows, ears, or high cheekbones..."

"Before or soon after the start of the First Era, Aldmer came to High Rock from the Summerset Isles and interbred with Nedes, eventually creating the Breton race..."

- http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Breton

So.... Yeah, Bretons have Elven ancestry.

To answer the thread...... Imperial, Orsimer, and Argonian.

Nord: Their loyalty to friends.

Orsimer: They are a bunch of bonafide bad-asses.

Argonians: Their lore. And... They're Tree-Lizard-People......

.....Nobody said theyidn't have elven ancestry.

But they aren't half elf.

L2 read pls

They're damn close. At the least, they're quarter, or eighth Elf.

Also, they did say they didn't have Elven Ancestry:

Sunbro1:

"breton is 100% human"

FMLG:

"No... They're Men with a lot of Elven traits."

So maybe you should learn how to read.

And type, apparently.....
#22Sithis791Posted 9/5/2013 4:33:00 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Sithis791 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
"Bretons are the human descendants of the Aldmeri-Nedic Manmer of the Merethic Era..."

"Their Elvish ancestry is usually only detectable upon a closer inspection of their eyebrows, ears, or high cheekbones..."

"Before or soon after the start of the First Era, Aldmer came to High Rock from the Summerset Isles and interbred with Nedes, eventually creating the Breton race..."

L2 read pls

Sunbro1:

"breton is 100% human"

FMLG:

Except no.

They're men. They have some Merish traits. But they are men, 100%. Children take the race of the mother in TES.

Maybe you shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about, or link to the WIKI as if that's an official source.

Go away, scoot along, back to CE with you.
---
I'd lift her skirt and give her the least satisfying 30 seconds of her life. - DeltronFF
http://i.imgur.com/ORain.jpg
#23Billy-De-KidPosted 9/5/2013 4:48:38 PM
Sithis791 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Sithis791 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...

L2 read pls

Sunbro1:

"breton is 100% human"

FMLG:

Except no.

They're men. They have some Merish traits. But they are men, 100%. Children take the race of the mother in TES.

Maybe you shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about, or link to the WIKI as if that's an official source.

I'm fully aware that newborn take the mother's race, but let me clarify some things for you:

Bretons have gained many Elven characteristics from their Aldmer ancestors.

Bretons also inherited some of the Elves' magical abilities.

Therefore, through years of interbreeding with elves, the Breton race was born. While not being 100% Elf, they are not 100% Human, either. Their "DNA" was mixed into some unknowable percentage, but there is enough Human in them to look the part, and enough Elf to inherit some of their characteristics and natural affinity for Magic.
#24Sithis791Posted 9/5/2013 5:01:26 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Sithis791 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Sithis791 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...

L2 read pls

Sunbro1:

"breton is 100% human"

FMLG:

Except no.

I'm fully aware that newborn take the mother's race, but let me clarify some things for you:

Bretons have gained many Elven characteristics from their Aldmer ancestors.

Bretons also inherited some of the Elves' magical abilities.

Therefore, through years of interbreeding with elves, the Breton race was born. While not being 100% Elf, they are not 100% Human, either. Their "DNA" was mixed into some unknowable percentage, but there is enough Human in them to look the part, and enough Elf to inherit some of their characteristics and natural affinity for Magic.

Except yes. They are. They're 100% human, with some Merish traits.

There are no half, or partial breeds.

Again, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to come talk down to people who actually do, when you quite obviously know jacks***.
---
I'd lift her skirt and give her the least satisfying 30 seconds of her life. - DeltronFF
#25silverhunter16Posted 9/5/2013 5:11:53 PM
Can we let Bretons go and get back to the topic

Elves - Dunmer. \/
Human - Redguard. > Awesome lore, diverse culture and all around great abilities.
Beast - Argonian. /\
---
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.
#26Billy-De-KidPosted 9/5/2013 5:49:14 PM
Sithis, how am I the one talking down to people when you are the one remarking that I don't know anything?

Furthermore, you constantly restate what you have already said numerous times, so I can only conclude that you are trying to prove your point by repetition, instead of by explanation.

But I'll bite. If you can sufficiently explain to me how they have Merish traits, including their affinity to magic, but are still 100% Human, I will admit that I was wrong.
#27Sithis791Posted 9/5/2013 5:56:01 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Sithis, how am I the one talking down to people when you are the one remarking that I don't know anything?

Furthermore, you constantly restate what you have already said numerous times, so I can only conclude that you are trying to prove your point by repetition, instead of by explanation.

But I'll bite. If you can sufficiently explain to me how they have Merish traits, including their affinity to magic, but are still 100% Human, I will admit that I was wrong.

CHILDREN.

TAKE.

THE.

RACE.

OF.

THE.

MOTHER.

They are not even partially Merish. They are humans, HUMANS, who have some Merish TRAITS. That has ZERO bearing on their race.

Example: Dunmer mother, Nord father. Child will be a Dunmer, possibly with some unusual eye color/hair color/etc. But still fully and completely a Dunmer.
---
#28Billy-De-KidPosted 9/5/2013 6:12:31 PM
Sithis791 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...

CHILDREN.

TAKE.

THE.

RACE.

OF.

THE.

MOTHER.

They are not even partially Merish. They are humans, HUMANS, who have some Merish TRAITS. That has ZERO bearing on their race.

Example: Dunmer mother, Nord father. Child will be a Dunmer, possibly with some unusual eye color/hair color/etc. But still fully and completely a Dunmer.

Yes. Your example IS a Dunmer.

I understand what you're saying about how the child takes the race of the mother, but I think that when it gets to the point where the child starts to share RACIAL characteristics with his/her father's race, some sort of cross-bread has been made.

For example: If the Dunmer in your example had some sort of resistance to frost, it would be a kind of "cross-breed" since it inherited a characteristic that is shared with his/her father's race. If not, it is 100% Dunmer.

I know that my response is going to be met with either, "You're ignorant!" or, "You don't know jack ****!" So I'm going to take my leave, now.
#29DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 9/5/2013 6:41:48 PM(edited)
Best

Mer: Altmer
Cannonically magic is extremely powerful and they're the best at it, so yeah, easy choice IMO. Even mechanically the free magic boost and Highborn power is nice. Wood Elves are pretty awsome canonically but suck gameplay-wise and you didn't explain too well what you meant as "best" so they're out. Dunmer are only good for Vampires, and Orcs are... blah, their primitive lore and civilization doesn't interest me in the slightest, sorry.

Man: Nords
I take issue with the whole "hurrdurr we hate magic" thing, but they're still a bunch of tough sons of guns who repeatedly make the impossible look easy on the battlefield, and they did kinda found the empire, so yeah. Mechanically this WOULD go to Redguards... but I find myself never running out of stamina unless I'm running a spellsowrd and in past games Nords WERE the better fighters for most builds...

Beast: Argonians
Lore-wise they crush every attempt to invade them on their own, mechanics-wise they have 60 seconds of invincibility through histskin. Sorry Khajiit, night eye doesn't compare to the velociraptors.

---------------------------

Favorite (Not overall best, just the ones I like the most)

Elf: Dunmer
Lore-wise everything they do is awesome, and even though their abilities ijn-game don't reflect it, their mages often make Altmer mage's accomplishments look cute...

Man: Breton
Man, your rules suck so I'm ignoring them. Breton's are counted as man by the races of man and in every situation in the game where it matters. They're man. Besides, there needs to be at least ONE non-elf race that's decent at magic besides restoration.

Beast: Personally I don't actually like either beast race, but forced to pick the lesser of two poisons I'd have to go with Khajiit only because I like their accents. It's a shame that mechanically they're one of the worst races in the game. Night eye is pretty useless and they don't even get a passive or anything to balance it out (whoo... unarmed damge... cause I use that all the time after level 0). IMO they should've gotten a passive that gave them constant muffle for free or something.
#30Green_Lantern98Posted 9/5/2013 7:04:08 PM
Ok I think the best elven race is Wood Elves with my favorite class being an archer.

Best man race is Nord there a very diverse race.

And of course best beast race is Kajitt cuz well like I said im an archer