Requesting a step by step bug free walk through for blood on the ice

#1Evil EngelPosted 9/5/2013 10:48:40 PM
I have never completed this question correctly. Can the walk through include times I can sell the amulet to calixto and how I can expose the actual killer not the wuufreth the unliving or whatever his name is.
---
http://www.afternoontiger.com
#2vamosalaplayaPosted 9/5/2013 11:08:16 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood_on_the_Ice
---
That's just the way it issss,
Some things will neverrr changee....
#3DrNewcensteinPosted 9/6/2013 2:36:39 AM
Get to Windhelm between 11pm and 4am (not sure if it's Level Dependent). Don't FT into the city. FT to the stables, but not into the city.

Head straight for the scene. If it isn't happening, leave through the front gate.

Return at a later date around the same time, and when you get the murder scene, talk to the guard, then the gawkers, then the guard.

If the guard is not there, hang out until they appear. Don't Wait, and don't enter a building.

Talk to Jorleif, then the guard at the scene. Follow the blood trail to Hjerim, but don't activate the door.

Talk to Jorleif about access to Hjerim.
Talk to chick's mom for the key.
Investigate the house.
Take the flyers and amulet and journals.
Talk to Viola.
Talk to Wuunferth.
Go to market and wait for Calixto.
---
Free original album downloads: http://www.newcenstein.com/cgi/wp/?p=5 - http://www.newcenstein.com/cgi/wp/?p=6
#4silverhunter16Posted 9/6/2013 2:54:44 AM
DrNewcenstein posted...
Get to Windhelm between 11pm and 4am (not sure if it's Level Dependent). Don't FT into the city. FT to the stables, but not into the city.

Head straight for the scene. If it isn't happening, leave through the front gate.

Return at a later date around the same time, and when you get the murder scene, talk to the guard, then the gawkers, then the guard.

If the guard is not there, hang out until they appear. Don't Wait, and don't enter a building.

Talk to Jorleif, then the guard at the scene. Follow the blood trail to Hjerim, but don't activate the door.

Talk to Jorleif about access to Hjerim.
Talk to chick's mom for the key.
Investigate the house.
Take the flyers and amulet and journals.
SELL THE AMULET TO CALIXTO
Talk to Viola.
Talk to Wuunferth.
Go to market and wait for Calixto.

Just wanted to add that small detail
---
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.
#5VeezaraPosted 9/6/2013 12:10:37 PM
One small thing, you would be better off when you buy Hjerim if you speak to the Steward, get the court mage locked up then catch Calixto after he kills again. If you get the wizard locked up initially then you will get a chest next to your bed in Hjerim. If you skip that stage there is no chest.
#6IamI3rianPosted 9/6/2013 1:38:17 PM
Activates the 4th+ time you enter the city... but must be after 2:00am.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Wish I could play Skyrim again for the first time. -AflockOfHippies
#7martingolding96Posted 9/7/2013 4:15:46 PM
It seems to be level Dependant as sometimes it will activate on my first visit to Windhelm
#8DrNewcensteinPosted 9/7/2013 8:59:27 PM
I've also gotten it on my first visit, but mostly my 2nd (first visit you always get the Rolf Scene).

You DO NOT have to sell the amulet to Calixto. I have gotten it to work just fine without speaking to him about it at all (aside from the initial murder scene investigation where the guard has you talk to the "gawkers").

After you tell Viola that it look's like Wuunferth's the killer, and she tells you to bring it to Jorleif's attention, instead go talk to Wuunferth in his lab. He'll tell you he's never kept a journal, and describe the amulet, then tell you the next attack will be very soon.

Go immediately to the marketplace - doesn't matter what time of day it is - and wait for Calixto.

You don't have to get him falsely arrested (unless that chest means that much to you, what with the storage options in that house already).

THE FIRST THING you need to buy when you buy furnishings for the house is "Clean Up That Murderer's Mess". Otherwise, you're stuck with blood everywhere.
---
Free original album downloads: http://www.newcenstein.com/cgi/wp/?p=5 - http://www.newcenstein.com/cgi/wp/?p=6
#9Milla_MaxwellPosted 9/7/2013 9:15:08 PM
DrNewcenstein posted...
I've also gotten it on my first visit, but mostly my 2nd (first visit you always get the Rolf Scene).

You DO NOT have to sell the amulet to Calixto. I have gotten it to work just fine without speaking to him about it at all (aside from the initial murder scene investigation where the guard has you talk to the "gawkers").

After you tell Viola that it look's like Wuunferth's the killer, and she tells you to bring it to Jorleif's attention, instead go talk to Wuunferth in his lab. He'll tell you he's never kept a journal, and describe the amulet, then tell you the next attack will be very soon.

Go immediately to the marketplace - doesn't matter what time of day it is - and wait for Calixto.

You don't have to get him falsely arrested (unless that chest means that much to you, what with the storage options in that house already).

THE FIRST THING you need to buy when you buy furnishings for the house is "Clean Up That Murderer's Mess". Otherwise, you're stuck with blood everywhere.

That's their point: You don't HAVE to sell the Amulet to Calixto, but you miss out on the Necromancer's Amulet and you get the "Strange Amulet" stuck in your inventory forever (which is a bug)
---
"What if I was British Royalty? Prince Richard becomes King Dick, *psst* that's the subplot to Tales of Graces."
-Matt of the Super Gaming Brothers.
#10NepharenPosted 9/8/2013 7:50:09 PM
Veezara posted...
One small thing, you would be better off when you buy Hjerim if you speak to the Steward, get the court mage locked up then catch Calixto after he kills again. If you get the wizard locked up initially then you will get a chest next to your bed in Hjerim. If you skip that stage there is no chest.

I've never heard of this before... Why does this cause the chest to spawn? Is it something due to the quest or is it just a random oddity?