He was like a god walking amongst mere mortals

#1JoeSnake132Posted 9/13/2013 7:24:00 PM
The dragonborn is pretty FREAKING intimidating if you think about it. The best smith and enchanter in Skyrim (heck probably Tamriel) right now, making him close to immortal. Slaughters MILLIONS of life forms, takes out there hearts (humans, daedras, briars, etc) and EATS it. In front of anyone and eats the whole thing, then goes "this would make for a fine poison". Come on the dude/ette is a savage!
---
which is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through effort?
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 9/13/2013 7:36:47 PM
A lot of his power and skills are purely gameplay related. Mostly the crafting skills being so much better than others'.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3mandalore2385Posted 9/13/2013 8:06:18 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
A lot of his power and skills are purely gameplay related. Mostly the crafting skills being so much better than others'.

True, yet as Dragonborn, he definitely has some claim of god- or demigod-ship. Most of the Lore experts on the Lore board at Beth-soft believe he is a Shezzarine. I'm not going to argue with them.
#4Pyth_the_BullPosted 9/13/2013 8:16:07 PM
I remember one time that I went up to one of the Dragon shrines early on before starting the main quest and ended up running into multiple Frost Trolls. Spent the next five minutes running across the map until I happened upon a random hunter who was all like "Greetings friend".

I proceeded to make my escape as they tore him to shreds.

I highly doubt that he considered me a God as I ran by shrieking and surely he wouldn't have considered me one as those Frost Trolls ran a train on him.
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
#5RampagingwalrusPosted 9/13/2013 8:19:41 PM
The only powers that the Dovahkiin has, that others do not, is the ability to absorb dragon souls, and how fast he can learn the Thu'um. A god, no, not even close. A special person, sure. A mortal with fancy pants.
---
#6VandheerLordePosted 9/13/2013 8:35:11 PM
Of course he has godlike power! Being a soul gem... But for freaking dragon souls. And also, Talos of Atmora was a Dragonborn mortal who ascended to Godhood.

Oh, and Clavicus Vile (the Daedric Prince of power) once said that the Dragonborn was almost as powerful as him without Barbas.
#7RampagingwalrusPosted 9/13/2013 8:38:47 PM
VandheerLorde posted...
Of course he has godlike power! Being a soul gem... But for freaking dragon souls. And also, Talos of Atmora was a Dragonborn mortal who ascended to Godhood.

Oh, and Clavicus Vile (the Daedric Prince of power) once said that the Dragonborn was almost as powerful as him without Barbas.

Talos is one of like a dozen people who fused together to become the god Talos. The Dovahkiin will not attain that same level of achievement, or power.

As for Clavicus Vile... he was a shattered being, virtually powerless, so any random lemming could have been almost as powerful as he was.
---
#8Brenz0rPosted 9/13/2013 8:55:52 PM
VandheerLorde posted...

““Don’t think I’m weak,” Vile said. “Everyone who comes here now thinks I’m weak, just because a wee bit of my stuff has been stolen. The trick is, if you’ve got less to work with, you just don’t spread it so thin. My realm may be a little smaller than in happier times, but in it I’m just as strong as I ever was.””

Trying to simplify "power" down to a Saturday morning episode of Dragonball Z doesn't work.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#9VandheerLordePosted 9/13/2013 9:15:27 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...

Talos is one of like a dozen people who fused together to become the god Talos.

Where is this lore? I would very much like to read this.
---
I do not aim to become invincible. Who may live a good life if one can not die a good death?
#10kingcodebraPosted 9/13/2013 10:47:25 PM
Pyth_the_Bull posted...
I remember one time that I went up to one of the Dragon shrines early on before starting the main quest and ended up running into multiple Frost Trolls. Spent the next five minutes running across the map until I happened upon a random hunter who was all like "Greetings friend".

I proceeded to make my escape as they tore him to shreds.

I highly doubt that he considered me a God as I ran by shrieking and surely he wouldn't have considered me one as those Frost Trolls ran a train on him.

One of the best posts I've seen in a long time.

I've had my share of running before but as it is on this character I'm quite set in my immortal ways. Level 185 and hadnt even told Ball-Scruff about the dragons yet or even been to Riverwood. Gonna be my last go so I'm 100/100 every skill and all the perks I want then start.
---
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8278/kingcodebrawithtifa2.jpg ~ by masterpug53