Why Skyrim should have guns.......

#41AnimeKid1089Posted 9/25/2013 9:07:39 AM
Fallout already covers the "Skyrim with guns" debate. I;ll say it again, what Skyrim (or future Elder Scrolls games) needs is impact. What I mean is, especially in melee, i'm striking at air filled with blood clots. Enemies do not react toyur attacks like they should (i understand it's an RPG, but even Mass Effect gives more impact on your attacks against enemies), and it would be nice to have had Skyrim have enemies react to whatever spell you used against them (like in Bioshock with plasmids), and when you transformed, not just run up to you and yell "i'll mount your head on my wall!" when you pick up a freaking apple.
---
I am not a kid, nor a huge fan of anime, so don't ask.
#42N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 9/25/2013 9:55:42 AM
CRK44 posted...
thor23 posted...
Why make a primitive firearm that can't even pierce armour when you can shoot fire from your hands?

Not everyone in Tamriel can wield Magic -__-

Not everyone can be an exceptional archer.

Hell, not everyone can become proficient with a blade.

The introduction of the firearm would stem from the needs of the non-warriors in the world.

You're insinuating a fire arm requires no training to properly use. If you don't have time or desire to train, get a warhammer. IIRC, they were first invented to be used by those with little to no training, like farmers.
#43TisroeroPosted 9/25/2013 5:37:20 PM
AnimeKid1089 posted...
Fallout already covers the "Skyrim with guns" debate. I;ll say it again, what Skyrim (or future Elder Scrolls games) needs is impact. What I mean is, especially in melee, i'm striking at air filled with blood clots. Enemies do not react toyur attacks like they should (i understand it's an RPG, but even Mass Effect gives more impact on your attacks against enemies), and it would be nice to have had Skyrim have enemies react to whatever spell you used against them (like in Bioshock with plasmids), and when you transformed, not just run up to you and yell "i'll mount your head on my wall!" when you pick up a freaking apple.

So basically, when you strike an opponent(even normally), you may cause them to stagger, provided they haven't stunned you or blocked your attack with a shield, but that would also leave you wide open as you pull back your weapon?

That would emulate real life. How many soldiers got killed because they had to retrieve their weapon from the person they just slew?
---
"What's the point of living if we're all just born to die?"
#44White_Fang_Posted 9/29/2013 11:58:22 AM
What an atrociously horrible idea!

Guns lead to more technology, like cars, motorcycles, trains, and automatic weapons!

And as you advance in the timeline, around 2277 or so, you get nukes! And then you get Fallout with ES races and magic, and nobody wants that!

Wait a minute....... That sounds kind of awesome.......

*pictures blowing a super mutant's head off as an Argonian*

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ELDER SCROLLS NEEDS GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

Or is it Fallout that needs ES races and magic?......

Hmmm....................
---
"Chair Mode-Activate!" - Pewdiepie
#45roddyrodPosted 9/30/2013 1:15:03 AM
White_Fang_ posted...
[...] you get nukes!

What do you think happened to Yokuda?
#46wesker741Posted 10/1/2013 1:07:59 AM
Far Cry 3- Skyrim with guns
---
To be decided
#47AnimeKid1089Posted 10/1/2013 6:42:04 AM
wesker741 posted...
Far Cry 3- Skyrim with guns

No, it is not. Borderlands 2 fits more closely.
---
#48Sniping_TurtlePosted 10/1/2013 10:45:40 AM
AnimeKid1089 posted...

This. Both are horribly broken/unbalanced and have their fair share of save editors and exploit abusers.

Though only difference for me was I found Borderlands 2 fun for about 30 hours while I still play Skyrim on and off after 300 hours...

I also regret buying the season pass for Borderlands 2, and have only actually bothered to play 1 1/2 of the DLCs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/DVIUdNn.jpg
#49AnimeKid1089Posted 10/3/2013 5:53:55 PM
Sniping_Turtle posted...
AnimeKid1089 posted...

This. Both are horribly broken/unbalanced and have their fair share of save editors and exploit abusers.

Though only difference for me was I found Borderlands 2 fun for about 30 hours while I still play Skyrim on and off after 300 hours...

I also regret buying the season pass for Borderlands 2, and have only actually bothered to play 1 1/2 of the DLCs.

By replaying through the beginning again and again with 1 different skill each time, I bet.
---
#50Sniping_TurtlePosted 10/3/2013 6:30:09 PM
Well to be fair, I did run through as a Soldier to 50 through normal and TVHM on my own, while leveling Siren, Assassin and Gunzerker to about the mid 20's before getting completely bored. Tried the Mechromancer for a bit but ultimately just couldn't get back into it.

That said, 30 hours was a high understatement. Though I ended up becoming bored during the first portion of TVHM on my Soldier run and was attempting to find some enjoyment out of the other classes/picking off the class based achievements.

Least I completed the first DLC... Only made it part way through the second before giving up on the game entirely. Lurking on the BL2 Gamefaqs boards combined with some bad multiplayer experiences essentially made me give up on the MP portion of it.

So... How ever long it takes to do all that. Odd thing was that I really enjoyed the first Borderlands and most of the DLC (Underdome can go **** itself, while the collection portion of Robo Revolution can definitely go **** itself). I actually bothered to max out all the characters, go through the DLC with each one and 100% that game. Borderlands 2 had its moments... but just got boring after a while and the first two DLCs were mediocre at best. Didn't even finish the second, didn't bother downloading the third or fourth.

So... maybe 100 hours invested in BL2? Damned if I actually know, but I definitely have no urges to go back to it.
---
(\).`.(/)
Don't Tread on Me!