Why Skyrim should have Multiplayer.....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Why Skyrim should have Multiplayer.....

User Info: Perma-n00b

Perma-n00b
3 years ago#1
Two words: replay value. Imagine crawling through ur favorite dungeon with a buddy! sharing loot! I mean sure the loot system is pointless and the game would probably crash twice as much but there is no excuse to not include multiplayer now-a-days. I mean what fun is a game unless I can tell someone their gear is suxor, or 360noskopezroflstomp some noob with the bound bow. Oh yeah patch in head shots too.

User Info: silverhunter16

silverhunter16
3 years ago#2
There's enough bugs in Skyrim without a multiplayer system, I imagine it would just be worse with it.
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.

User Info: DevoidLight

DevoidLight
3 years ago#3
Switching gear or spells would be a pain in the ass. Either it would force both players to pause or you would be defenseless while switching. Also there are a number of slow time abilities that would get really annoying for the other player. Although I admit Legendary multiplayer would be amazing otherwise. A support/healing build would be viable, and perhaps even better than two warriors. A dual casted healing spell with occasional casts of Courage or whatever the higher version is and that warrior in front would be literally invincible while the healer still has magicka.

User Info: Evil_Sandwich

Evil_Sandwich
3 years ago#4
Maybe if they added an Arena type mode with restricted gear like Monster Hunter.

Otherwise it'd be too broken because people would just use resto-looped iron daggers that do 1233456789865430 dmg and one-shot pwn all.

User Info: Sniping_Turtle

Sniping_Turtle
3 years ago#5
roffels, moar liek Derk Saols ripe of, amiwrit?

DERK SAOLS NUMMER WON!
http://i.imgur.com/zHLma5j.jpg
You're next...

User Info: iDontCareBear

iDontCareBear
3 years ago#6
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Maybe if they added an Arena type mode with restricted gear like Monster Hunter.

Otherwise it'd be too broken because people would just use resto-looped iron daggers that do 1233456789865430 dmg and one-shot pwn all.

1233456789865430 dmg? That's it? lol A co-op would of at least been cool. Here's to ESO!
"rx54; r = R. x = stylized Y. flip the 5 and 4. 4 = A. turn the 5 on its side and cut it in half = stylized N. rx54 = Ryan."
- LooksForSkooma

User Info: Perma-n00b

Perma-n00b
3 years ago#7
Sniping_Turtle posted...
roffels, moar liek Derk Saols ripe of, amiwrit?

DERK SAOLS NUMMER WON!

I like the cut of ur gib sir :-).

User Info: SuperFlik

SuperFlik
3 years ago#8
You know why I bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed III and going to buy Assassin's Creed IV: The Wind Waker?

Sure as hell wasn't for the multiplayer.
Zelos Wilder: "Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Demon Fang!
Damn, I must be a genius! Double Demon Fang!"

User Info: harleyknight

harleyknight
3 years ago#9
Take out the slowtime effects and equip your gear before combat. That's what they did in RDR and it worked there. Though I would hate the online multiplayer like RDR. It was a great concept but there are way to many a$$h0le$ in there. It never occurred to them to make it "friendly fire isn't".
Anyone who chooses graphics over story... deserves neither.

User Info: wanderz

wanderz
3 years ago#10
i would say multiplayer like borderlands and many other games before it would be cool.

maybe up to 8 or 16 players max on the hosts 'server' at a time.. by invitation or friends list only.
with very few or NO multiplayer achievements, i hate those.

the time slow things could either be very localized (maybe only affecting the targets you are aiming at) or be removed during multplayer.
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Why Skyrim should have Multiplayer.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived