Does anyone truly enjoy Skyrim?

#1Mr_BankercatPosted 9/30/2013 7:29:34 PM
Take off your TES IS AMAZING glasses and seriously actually think about what I'm saying.

Morrowind fans have it right; that's obvious.

But is Skyrim even a good game? I'm unsure. Repetitive dungeons, retconned story, dumbed down mechanics... It all culminates into one sticky hot mess.

So why? Is it because they want the COD crowd? Perhaps.

Thoughts?
#2Nova EXPosted 9/30/2013 7:33:32 PM
I love Skyrim.

Personally I think the only thing they really screwed up was the guilds. The guilds seriously were an embarrassment compared to their Morrowind and Oblivion counterparts.

And magic, sort of. But heres to hoping the next ES emphasizes on magic for its main story.
---
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#3Mr_Bankercat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 7:36:27 PM
Nova EX posted...
I love Skyrim.

Personally I think the only thing they really screwed up was the guilds. The guilds seriously were an embarrassment compared to their Morrowind and Oblivion counterparts.

And magic, sort of. But heres to hoping the next ES emphasizes on magic for its main story.

Quite frankly, Nova, I was literally just disappointed.

How could they dumb down a sequal?
#4TasteKuncklesPosted 9/30/2013 7:46:38 PM
I enjoy it. However I take it for what it is. As a fan since Morrowind I'd like to see guild battles that if you join one, you need to start a new game to join the other. I would also like to make it tougher and make you think of how to get through the dungeons not just walk kill a boss and collect the loot. Like you said it was dumbed down for those who could never figure a glitch out on there own, but once it's posted abuse it then call it easy. However I do enjoy it. Wish I never lost Morrowind and oblivion when I moved. Want to plug those back in.
#5Mindwipe77Posted 9/30/2013 7:52:06 PM
I love SR, i play it almost daily and it's so damn addictive!! I like that feeling you are always progressing no matter what you do. I can hop on for an hour and do a few quests, or just get on to work on my smithing skills. I do own both morrow wind and Oblivion but i really have not played MW since i bought it for like 5 bucks years ago when the xbox was dying but it was Oblivion when i really got into it. I hope they really improve on the relationships between npcs and your character like having followers and spouses feel more alive and not lose their personalities and turn into robots after marrying or picking them up. It's a shame it'll prolly be another 5-6 years until ES 6
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!
#6FalloutgenuisPosted 9/30/2013 8:05:27 PM
It's game-play style and environment highly appeals to me. It competes with Fallout in terms of how much i like it. However I am too uneducated in the lore to be able to fully appreciate it.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m41exsC5sf1r45vulo1_400.gif
GT: RAW DJ
#7Mr_Bankercat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 8:13:13 PM
Falloutgenuis posted...
It's game-play style and environment highly appeals to me. It competes with Fallout in terms of how much i like it. However I am too uneducated in the lore to be able to fully appreciate it.

And it's people like you who are bringing the franchise down. Rather than becoming invested in the series, you simply wish to get a "quick fix". You want a payoff without any build
Up.
#8FalloutgenuisPosted 9/30/2013 8:39:43 PM
650 hours is a "quick fix"? Troll harder.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m41exsC5sf1r45vulo1_400.gif
GT: RAW DJ
#9IamI3rianPosted 9/30/2013 8:58:45 PM
Bankercat's still around?

Bad as kittyheart sometimes, though at least he doesn't pretend he's a little asian girl... which is just weird.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Wish I could play Skyrim again for the first time. -AflockOfHippies
#10SunsetPhantomPosted 9/30/2013 9:08:23 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Bankercat's still around?

Bad as kittyheart sometimes, though at least he doesn't pretend he's a little asian girl... which is just weird.

I find Kitty more entertaining though...slightly...
---
I am a shadow... The true self...
We welcome the arrival of a Phantom at sunset, only to rue its departure at sunrise. What is it?