Game is freezing as much as an elf in Winterhold

#1KC_CheeseKingPosted 10/30/2013 11:51:38 PM(edited)
Seriously, this is driving me insane. Random freezes around every 15-45 minutes. No rhyme or reason to it. Here are the steps I've taken to rectify the situation:

1) Physically cleaned and dusted out my Xbox 360. (disassembled and reassembled it properly, I've done this many times before)
2) Cleared the game cache. (hold LB, RB and X from game start until title screen appears)
3) Cleared the system cache.
4) Uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim from my hard drive. (thought maybe it might have been corrupted)
5) Gently cleaned the disc with a soft microfiber cloth and isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. From center to edge.
6) Deleted many nonessential saves. No more than 40 remain.
7) Turned off autosave on travel. (I've heard this can cause freezing)
8) Removed the Dwemer Museum Key from my inventory. (I've heard it can duplicate exponentially, filling up your inventory - this hadn't happened to me yet)
9) Prayed to the gods.

None of it has worked. I don't know what to do. I don't recall having these problems before the 1.9 update. I'm not saying that's the problem, but who knows? Can anyone think of anything to help?
---
"I'm the conductor of the poop train!"
#2SoulOfFaythPosted 10/31/2013 3:36:33 AM
There is absolutely nothing to fix this, Bethesda just pretty much crapped on all our faces when they released 1.freeze and then were like 'we're done with skyrim now lol kthxbye'
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#3Perma-n00bPosted 10/31/2013 4:50:58 AM
Just get it for steambox next year........
#4KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:49:48 PM
Perma-n00b posted...
Just get it for steambox next year........

I actually plan on doing just that. I want to mod and my pc is... Well, lets just say it's not made for gaming.
---
#5RebelElite791Posted 10/31/2013 11:11:01 PM
Get a new Xbox. It's obviously not the game at that point.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QUk9buh.gif http://i.imgur.com/9A5sPHP.jpg
#6BioWulf69Posted 11/1/2013 2:28:03 AM
Try removing Hearthfire after i got all of the dl skyrim started to freez on me if i was in a city but i removed Hearthfire n no more freezing! good luck!

All Hail Sithis!
#7Nova EXPosted 11/1/2013 4:18:29 AM
If it makes you feel any better, same **** happens to me, but no where on the level your experiencing at. I would say though, the game usually freezes once every 3-4 hours. Some things are more obvious triggers than others, such as everyone spewing magic all around thus creating a ****storm of effects all over the place. But sometimes its as simple as going into a new cell and the game never loads to wherever im going.
---
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#8JinKougaPosted 11/1/2013 4:38:35 AM
Did you pray to Uncle Sheo?
---
"School and Life are two different things,School gives you lessons to give you a test,Life gives you tests to give you a lesson."
#9KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 10:35:25 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Get a new Xbox. It's obviously not the game at that point.

I don't think it's my Xbox. I've always taken excellent care of it, and this is the only game that gives me trouble.
---
#10haloisfunbroPosted 11/1/2013 10:50:23 PM
Oh CRAP!!! I love skyrim... but I haven't played it in months. Been busy playing other games I guess. R u guyz sayin that there is a new patch that freezes your game up constantly? Good to know for the future... I have this problem with arkham origins yo. WtF!!! Pretty lame if ya ask me. Can't they test these games before they release them? If they do test them than they didn't do a very good job... at least in origins case. Patch perhaps?