Game-breaking bug?

#1BAEx10Posted 11/11/2013 7:48:22 PM
Right now I am doing the Imperial Legion quest line and I just finished getting the Jagged Crown from Korvanjund. I am now on the quest "Message to Whiterun" where General Tullius gave me a message to give to Jarl Bulgruuf. But when I talk to him, there is no option to give him the message. If there is no solution then this will keep me from completing main quest line right?

Also, I do have an earlier save but it is way before I got the crown. Unfortunately, all the autosaves are after this glitch so those won't work.
#2TorinargPosted 11/11/2013 7:52:54 PM
Is the quest "Season Unending" active or have you completed this quest but not yet defeated Alduin. I had this problem and needed to complete the man quest before continuing the civil war
#3BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:01:56 PM
Torinarg posted...
Is the quest "Season Unending" active or have you completed this quest but not yet defeated Alduin. I had this problem and needed to complete the man quest before continuing the civil war

Yes, Season Unending is active. But I really don't want to do that since the peace consul changes things. Last file I did that and I ended up failing a couple quests because the jarls changed and the cities belonged to different people. For example: Riften belonged to the Imperials and Markarth changed to belong to the Stormcloaks. So if possible, I'd like to not do that quest. I was hoping to do the imperial quest line so I could kill Ulfric and skip the consul all together.

As for Alduin, did you mean killing him on High Throthgar or in Sovnegarde? I did kill him on High Throthgar (when I had the Elder Scroll)
#4TorinargPosted 11/11/2013 8:06:50 PM
You need to beat him in Sovngard. Although the ceasefire commences at the end of Season Unending the game(I think) acts if it is in place at the start of the quest and the war cannot continue until after the main quest has been concluded.
#5BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:10:45 PM
Torinarg posted...
You need to beat him in Sovngard. Although the ceasefire commences at the end of Season Unending the game(I think) acts if it is in place at the start of the quest and the war cannot continue until after the main quest has been concluded.

I thought you have to beat the imperial legion/stormcloak quetsline first, then you can go on to Sovngard later.
#6TorinargPosted 11/11/2013 8:14:34 PM(edited)
I think the thane quests become easier if Riften and Markarth change hands, the new jarls, certainly Maven in Riften only require you to help 5 citizens of The Rift and buy Honeyside, you do not have to stop the skooma trade. Not sure about Markarth.
#7TorinargPosted 11/11/2013 8:17:12 PM
BAEx10 posted...
Torinarg posted...

I thought you have to beat the imperial legion/stormcloak quetsline first, then you can go on to Sovngard later.

No, you can complete the war or main questlines first, as long as season unending has not started. Sorry but I know no way around it.
#8BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:19:26 PM
Torinarg posted...
BAEx10 posted...
Torinarg posted...

No, you can complete the war or main questlines first, as long as season unending has not started. Sorry but I know no way around it.

Ok I am going to go with the peace consul then :/
I'll just finish the whole main questline and later do the war questline. As for becoming thane, I am already a Thane in every hold except Windhelm which I was planning on doing after the war.
#9BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 11:08:27 PM
Finished the main questline and the glitch is now fixed. Didn't want the cities to change like that, but it had to be done.