Save loads to black screen/crash (help?)

#1Neo Chameleon XPosted 11/15/2013 3:10:12 PM
I saved my game in Vahlok's tomb on Solstheim with my level 75 Orc Warrior, and now every time I try to load that save it crashes after the load screen. I've tried clearing the cache on both the xbox and skyrim itself, and I've even done that thing where you start a new game and try to load the save from there. It's not working. Are there any other methods to fix this? I really don't want to lose all that progress.
---
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly,
is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer
#2tzar_666Posted 11/15/2013 3:28:04 PM
try checking your disk for cracks in the silver area of the disk.
---
im not going anywhere
#3Winter_KnightPosted 11/15/2013 3:51:42 PM
Other saves load?
---
We poison our air and water to weed out the weak! We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere! We nailed our God to a stick! Don't f*** with the human race!
#4Neo Chameleon X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 5:07:15 PM
Yes, I have half a dozen other characters, and this one is the only one giving me trouble.
---
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly,
is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer
#5Winter_KnightPosted 11/15/2013 5:20:57 PM
Well, I think you're screwed. Sorry.
---
We poison our air and water to weed out the weak! We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere! We nailed our God to a stick! Don't f*** with the human race!
#6ninji_Posted 11/15/2013 5:53:35 PM
Neo Chameleon X posted...
Yes, I have half a dozen other characters, and this one is the only one giving me trouble.

Do you have any previous saves? Did you uninstall/install any mods during the middle of your current playthrough? if the answer is no to the first one and yes to the second... then you are in trouble as far as recovering that particular save :(
#7tzar_666Posted 11/15/2013 6:13:10 PM
i remember a guy playing half-life saved while falling to his death and every time he loaded it he died. ya keep more then 1 save per character please.
---
im not going anywhere