Game keeps freezing..

#1BAEx10Posted 11/16/2013 6:32:07 AM
Right now I am doing Dawnguard DLC and I have to go to Silent Moons Camp. Whenever I get near the place my game freezes. I have tried 4 times, and each time I travel from a different place. I tried googling this but don't notice anyone else getting this. Any suggestions fixing this?
#2SubmachinerPosted 11/16/2013 2:46:14 PM
When my game starts to freeze consecutive times in a row, I usually talk dirty to it and it works. :P

Seriously though, clear your xbox cache and also the game cash. To clear the game cache: hold LB RB X when starting up the game (i press and hold them when the bethsda screen shows) either its a placebo, or it really works.

Its also worth noting, having a lot of saves built up can also cause the game to freeze. When I say that, having multiple saves of the same playthrough.

I have noticed that having less saves, my game doesn't freeze as often as it used to.
---
Never trust a rat
#3BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 6:54:34 PM
Submachiner posted...
When my game starts to freeze consecutive times in a row, I usually talk dirty to it and it works. :P

Seriously though, clear your xbox cache and also the game cash. To clear the game cache: hold LB RB X when starting up the game (i press and hold them when the bethsda screen shows) either its a placebo, or it really works.

Its also worth noting, having a lot of saves built up can also cause the game to freeze. When I say that, having multiple saves of the same playthrough.

I have noticed that having less saves, my game doesn't freeze as often as it used to.

I always keep 3 saves and the 3 autosaves. Didn't know about the games cache though, can that work for all games or just skyrim? Also, clearing the cache stem for the xbox also deletes patches right?
#4BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 10:08:15 PM
Nevermind, I cleared the xbox cache and then told my follower to leave and it didn't freeze. Kind of a off topic question, but how much faster are loading screens if I install skyrim? Is it noticeable?
#5BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 6:35:10 AM
bump
#6hghgnbnbPosted 11/17/2013 6:48:33 AM
Welcome to Skyrim: Land of bugs and glitches
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
#7BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 11:51:19 AM
hghgnbnb posted...

The game freezing has been fixed, there is a new question now.
#8DishSoapPosted 11/17/2013 11:57:23 AM
BAEx10 posted...
hghgnbnb posted...

The game freezing has been fixed, there is a new question now.

I'm not sure if installing makes it faster, I have it installed but load screens are still long. I just have it installed because my xbox would be very loud if it wasn't. I think I read if you disable autosave, it'll make load screens quicker
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhV_KCNEObs
#9GeistPosted 11/17/2013 12:06:27 PM
I too have it installed, loading screens don't seem too much shorter. Still freezes though, hence me entering the topic. Sick of the freezing! I'm actually contemplating uninstalling it in hopes that maybe having the disc present and spinning may help.
---
Currently playing : The Mass Effect Trilogy
#10BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 12:31:33 PM
I heard that disabling the autosave when fast traveling will reduce load time by a lot. But I can't really compare it since I always leave it off. I think traveling without a follower may reduce freezing but I'm not positive. When I was doing the Dawnguard DLC, the vampire girl follower seemed to freeze my game a few times until I told her to leave. That seemed to do the trick. Anyway I don't think I will install then, doesn't sound like it helps much.