Easy speech skill to 100?

#1BAEx10Posted 11/18/2013 7:00:57 AM
So I just recently decided to make some skills legendary to get more perks/stats. I made alchemy legendary and then made a ton of potions. Now i made speech legendary and tried to sell my potions to increase speech skill. Problem is:

-I have to find merchants will will buy potions (I can't get the perk to sell to everyone since its about level 20 right now)
-Most merchants can only buy 1 potion and then they run out of gold -.-

So I have 2 questions:
Which merchants have the most gold and can buy potions?
Is it possible to raise the speech skill by selling a single item, then buying it back and repeating? (I know I will overall lose gold in the end)
#2BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 7:06:07 AM
BAEx10 posted...
So I just recently decided to make some skills legendary to get more perks/stats. I made alchemy legendary and then made a ton of potions. Now i made speech legendary and tried to sell my potions to increase speech skill. Problem is:

-I have to find merchants will will buy potions (I can't get the perk to sell to everyone since its about level 20 right now)
-Most merchants can only buy 1 potion and then they run out of gold -.-

So I have 2 questions:
Which merchants have the most gold and can buy potions?
Is it possible to raise the speech skill by selling a single item, then buying it back and repeating? (I know I will overall lose gold in the end)

Forget I also had a third question. If I wear equipment that helps raise the prices, will that help my speech skill too?
#3Outlaw WyvernPosted 11/18/2013 7:13:52 AM
You get the speech experience even if the merchant has no gold and buys your item for zero.
You'd just have to be willing to not receive the money, so you can level faster.
---
"Great Gulgren's Sack!"
#4BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 8:39:41 AM
Outlaw Wyvern posted...
You get the speech experience even if the merchant has no gold and buys your item for zero.
You'd just have to be willing to not receive the money, so you can level faster.

I was so hoping that was an option :D Thanks!
But what about the other two question:
If I wear equipment that helps raise the prices, will that help my speech skill too?
Is it possible to raise the speech skill by selling a single item, then buying it back and repeating?
#5SephirothePosted 11/18/2013 11:52:21 AM
BAEx10 posted...
If I wear equipment that helps raise the prices, will that help my speech skill too?

I believe so.

BAEx10 posted...
Is it possible to raise the speech skill by selling a single item, then buying it back and repeating?

Yes.
---
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." - Buddah
#6hghgnbnbPosted 11/18/2013 11:52:56 AM
BAEx10 posted...
Outlaw Wyvern posted...

I was so hoping that was an option :D Thanks!
But what about the other two question:

To your first question: no. To your second: yes
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
#7hghgnbnbPosted 11/18/2013 11:57:13 AM
You gain experience from buying and selling. There are only 2 things that determine how much experience you get: the price of the item, and the number of transactions.

If you have a stack of 5 potions in your inventory, and you sell them all at once, it counts as only 1 transaction and you only get the amount of XP you would if you only sold 1 potion
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
#8BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 4:14:56 PM
hghgnbnb posted...
You gain experience from buying and selling. There are only 2 things that determine how much experience you get: the price of the item, and the number of transactions.

If you have a stack of 5 potions in your inventory, and you sell them all at once, it counts as only 1 transaction and you only get the amount of XP you would if you only sold 1 potion

Ok thanks, good to know if I run out of stuff to sell.