Guard build

#1SoulOfFaythPosted 1/3/2014 6:00:11 AM
I'm thinking of doing a guard build but I need some help.
I'll probably go Orc or Nord, obviously won't use magic, I think I'll lower my speech skill through the console (since, you know, guards and social contact, lol). I think my main way of playing will just be by bothering NPCs who go about their business without doing any harm. First I'll just hit them till they go down but if they have the nerve to continue their innocent activities I'll have to kill them.

Since my guard obviously has crippling insecurity, I'll need some quests that can make him feel like he matters even though he doesn't. So maybe I'll just be doing mindless fetch quests all day.
Gonna need a full helmet to hide behind, of course, can't let people look at that face.
And if anyone calls me milk-drinker I'm not even gonna fight them, I'll just click on them and type 'kill' in the console because I get all flustered and nervous and shaky when someone confronts me and I can't really think clearly anymore.

Anyone else have some good suggestions?
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#2White_Fang_Posted 1/3/2014 7:25:24 AM
Before you join the guards, you must suffer from a serious knee injury, preferably from an arrow.
---
Father, Leader, Tyrant, Madman,
Rot in Hell, Governor.
#3sunbro1Posted 1/3/2014 7:31:53 AM
Make sure to be as obnoxious as possible and don't listen to anyone's excuses.
---
Ours is the fury
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel!
#4dragnslayer573Posted 1/3/2014 9:30:58 AM
i made a guard, so don't worry. i was a solitude guard. worked out nicely than i got bored and played my old file.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxHbO1MHXuI
#5meralonnePosted 1/3/2014 9:37:46 AM
White_Fang_ posted...
Before you join the guards, you must suffer from a serious knee injury, preferably from an arrow.

I got this game just recently. Have played roughly 50 hours so far. I've only heard one guard say the "arrow to the knee" line. Once.

On the other hand, they do seem particularly concerned about the status of my sweetrolls.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#6sunbro1Posted 1/3/2014 9:42:29 AM
Uhhh... he means the guards of Skyrim not the guards of Skyrim
---
Ours is the fury
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel!
#7meralonnePosted 1/3/2014 9:54:46 AM
Oh, silly me.

>_>
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#8Dragonfire3DPosted 1/3/2014 10:21:03 AM
I ran around for a while with some stormcloak guard armor that I had improved to legendary and thrown some enchantments on. It was fun for a while.