Reason why Bethesda had the Imperials..

#1MagicLarpPosted 2/7/2014 1:41:14 PM
..capture you and almost execute you in the beginning of the game is simple. They had to give the player a reason to join the Stormcloaks. Think about it. Most people who side with the Stormcloaks have hard feelings against the Imperials because of them almost executing you for no reason. They had to make it balanced so not everyone would join the Imperials. If they didn't no one would want to side with the Stormcloaks because of their extreme racism.
---
Never use the "R" word on the Skyrim board.
#2Curved_Sw0rdPosted 2/7/2014 1:45:38 PM
Rolff Stone-Fist isn't the Stormcloaks.

He supports them, yes, but he doesn't make up their head and body, or even participate.

Your argument is invalid.
---
That's just PERFECT. So before we die, we're going to get cancer. - Scarlet Spider
http://i.imgur.com/K6SCTUB.png
#3OrokenDuMongerPosted 2/7/2014 1:47:29 PM
Sounds correct. Though I suppose you could always ask Todd Howard.
---
One does not simply pass through the Omega IV Relay - CouchCommandoIV
#4meralonnePosted 2/7/2014 2:10:02 PM
Curved_Sw0rd posted...

He supports them, yes, but he doesn't make up their head and body, or even participate.

Oh, but Ulfric's a stand-up guy, though. "Argonians and Kajiit? GTFO. Dunmer? Well, I'll let you in, as long as you stick to this nice slum I've got in a corner over there."
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#5sobergermanguyPosted 2/7/2014 2:33:00 PM
If they wanted to make things even they wouldn't have made the Imperials cheese-eating surrender monkeys
#6Mayus_BlackPosted 2/7/2014 2:35:01 PM
I'm tired of seeing this Racist crap. . . Nords distrust elves, granted, but look at their history. Nothing but being attacked by elves since they arrived peacefully in Tamriel. They've never really known a friendly race of Mer.

Aside from this distrust, the is no direct evidence that the Stormcloaks themselves are racist. At all. Period.

Rolf Stone-fist: Town Drunk/ no affiliation

Brunwulf Free-Winter: Says that Ulfric doesn't send out his men to stop bandits from attacking other races, but will send out men to help Nord settlements. However there is plenty of evidence to show that Ulfric clearly doesn't have the men to spare, regardless of race.

Ulfric has a war to plan. He doesn't have time for race.
---
Bitter is the tongue that cuts as a knife.
#7Mayus_BlackPosted 2/7/2014 2:40:05 PM
meralonne posted...
Oh, but Ulfric's a stand-up guy, though. "Argonians and Kajiit? GTFO. Dunmer? Well, I'll let you in, as long as you stick to this nice slum I've got in a corner over there."

Yep, because Tullius totally allows khajiit in Solitude *Sarcasm*

Also, it's a terrible Idea to allow Argonians and Dunmer into the same area.

Also, also, The Dunmer were let into the city when they didn't have to. There's an Altmer woman(go figure on the racism there. . .) that states that the Dunmer would have nicer homes if they actually worked productively.

If an Altmer can be accepted in Windhelm and have a nice home there, why can't the Dunmer work to make their part of the city nicer?

If Ulfric really cared about race like that, he wouldn't let them continue to live in his city.
---
Bitter is the tongue that cuts as a knife.
#8meralonnePosted 2/7/2014 2:48:19 PM
Mayus_Black posted...
I'm tired of seeing this Racist crap. . . Nords distrust elves, granted, but look at their history. Nothing but being attacked by elves since they arrived peacefully in Tamriel. They've never really known a friendly race of Mer.

In all fairness, the Mer were there first. Atmorans showed up later. Were they supposed to just roll over and let Men take over?
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#9Bat178Posted 2/7/2014 3:25:16 PM
Curved_Sw0rd posted...

Your argument is invalid.

His brother is the second-in-command of the Stormcloaks, though.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#10sunbro1Posted 2/7/2014 3:49:22 PM
meralonne posted...
Mayus_Black posted...

In all fairness, the Mer were there first. Atmorans showed up later. Were they supposed to just roll over and let Men take over?

Ever looked at Morrowinds history too? Mer under constant hostile invasion by Nords.
---
Ours is the fury
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel!