Most challenging build on legendary is prob pure mage.... Anyone try this?

#1Perma-n00bPosted 2/12/2014 4:28:30 PM
My favorite playthrough in all my hours in Skyrim was my pure mage. Even on master the guy was a beast! Any run one on legendary? Let's hear some stories by gum!
#2CattabriaPosted 2/12/2014 5:31:18 PM
Perma-n00b posted...
My favorite playthrough in all my hours in Skyrim was my pure mage. Even on master the guy was a beast! Any run one on legendary? Let's hear some stories by gum!

A huge grats and this isn't in sarcasm, I actually mean huge grats, reason why is in Oblivion, magic worked and was fun and awesome but for Skyrim the least class to play is Pure Mage where you rely on zero weapons just spells, because the magic system in this game is a joke and doesn't stand up against thief and warrior class, the damaging destruction spells is not powerful. BUT. Let me ask you few things please.

1) was 90% of your magic Destruction?
2) was you 100% Conjuration where all your fights was conjuring pets to do your battles?
3) did you use any type resto loop trick to make your destruction spells do way more damage?

Ok that's my 3 questions for you. Number 1 and 3 goes together if you did resto loop to make your spells more powerful because if you made a pure Mage and did no exploits to make yourself more powerful in destruction then destruction just doesn't stand up damage wise to an archer or warrior even with dual casting.

Now Conjuration YES the game works great in the magic department, summoning pets to do your battles while you stand back and use destruction or healing or keep summoning pets till your mobs are dead.

But if you go 90% destruction and 10% restoration that's to me is a pure Mage build, no use of melee weapons or bows can use Conjuration summoning pets but still with all the perks magic cannot stand up on its own in this game it is broken so bad that is the sad part about this game, now if you played a pure Mage, no weapons or bows and no exploits to make your spells godly amounts of damage, I give you Huge grats and please tell us your secrets :)
#3Perma-n00b(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 5:45:52 PM
Cattabria posted...
Perma-n00b posted...

A huge grats and this isn't in sarcasm, I actually mean huge grats, reason why is in Oblivion, magic worked and was fun and awesome but for Skyrim the least class to play is Pure Mage where you rely on zero weapons just spells, because the magic system in this game is a joke and doesn't stand up against thief and warrior class, the damaging destruction spells is not powerful. BUT. Let me ask you few things please.

2) was you 100% Conjuration where all your fights was conjuring pets to do your battles?
3) did you use any type resto loop trick to make your destruction spells do way more damage?

Ok that's my 3 questions for you. Number 1 and 3 goes together if you did resto loop to make your spells more powerful because if you made a pure Mage and did no exploits to make yourself more powerful in destruction then destruction just doesn't stand up damage wise to an archer or warrior even with dual casting.

Now Conjuration YES the game works great in the magic department, summoning pets to do your battles while you stand back and use destruction or healing or keep summoning pets till your mobs are dead.

But if you go 90% destruction and 10% restoration that's to me is a pure Mage build, no use of melee weapons or bows can use Conjuration summoning pets but still with all the perks magic cannot stand up on its own in this game it is broken so bad that is the sad part about this game, now if you played a pure Mage, no weapons or bows and no exploits to make your spells godly amounts of damage, I give you Huge grats and please tell us your secrets :)

I had 90% cost redux on destro, used all magic skills accept most of the resto tree, and I used
destro as ny primary attack but utilized dual dremoras, ebony armor, and paralyze regularly.... Less emphasis on illusion. I actually enjoyed magic more than oblivions overpowered spreadsheet magic.
#4CattabriaPosted 2/12/2014 6:08:38 PM
Perma-n00b posted...
Cattabria posted...
Perma-n00b posted...

I had 90% cost redux on destro, used all magic skills accept most of the resto tree, and I used
destro as ny primary attack but utilized dual dremoras, ebony armor, and paralyze regularly.... Less emphasis on illusion. I actually enjoyed magic more than oblivions overpowered spreadsheet magic.

That is so awesome you found a way to make it work, a big thumps up, not many I mean many can make magic work without exploits or mods.

Huge Grats keep it up :)
#5Perma-n00b(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 6:52:38 PM
Cattabria posted...
Perma-n00b posted...
Cattabria posted...
Perma-n00b posted...

That is so awesome you found a way to make it work, a big thumps up, not many I mean many can make magic work without exploits or mods.

Huge Grats keep it up :)

Not sure of srs or condescending.....
#6CattabriaPosted 2/12/2014 7:05:31 PM
Sorry don't know what you mean?

I am not the brightest person on the block lol
#7Perma-n00b(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 7:07:58 PM
Cattabria posted...

you pretty much said "hey guy pure mage sux big time bro, but I give u a high five for trying.". LOL.
#8CattabriaPosted 2/12/2014 7:43:59 PM
Perma-n00b posted...
Cattabria posted...

you pretty much said "hey guy pure mage sux big time bro, but I give u a high five for trying.". LOL.

Oh no please don't take it wrong way, I was praising you for make pure Mage build to work,you are in a class of few who can actually made it work and I find it awesome,

I myself love Mage classes but I could never get it to work for me in this game and way you describe how you made it work is awesome, it gives me an incentive to try to build another pure Mage and use some of your ways you made it work,

Please do not take anything I said wrong way, I was appraising you with huge grats because I rarely find players in this game that makes a pure Mage build without using exploits or mods and you did not use any and you made your pure Mage to work and had fn with your Mage even better so on master level, I have faith in you you can make it work on legendary.

You be amazed how many whiners on here cry cause they can't make magic work for them, so again your in a league of few who overcame the odds and made it work and you should be given huge grats:)
#9CattabriaPosted 2/12/2014 8:02:05 PM
Before I saw your post and your way you made pure Mage work and be fun, I was like everyone that skyrim dropped the ball and magic could not stand up in this game and it sucks BUT after you responded to my questions and told me how you build and what you used in magic.

It all made sense and I starting thinking to myself, hey this player found a good way to make a pure Mage and can be fun ESPECIALLY on Master Level, I was shocked and amazed and I had to give you a Huge Grats for making it work and now as I said above, it gives me an incentive to make myself a pure Mage and try some of your ideas into my build and quit looking at magic being underpowered in this game anymore :)
#10Dark_ApostatePosted 2/12/2014 8:03:47 PM(edited)
Perma-n00b posted...

Perma-n00b posted...

Sounds like you haven't run a pure mage after all. Try it with only mage skills and you may find a pure mage to be a little more challenging, rather than "beast".