Most challenging build on legendary is prob pure mage.... Anyone try this?

#11Perma-n00b(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 8:05:39 PM
Cattabria posted...
Perma-n00b posted...
Cattabria posted...
Sorry don't know what you mean?

I am not the brightest person on the block lol

you pretty much said "hey guy pure mage sux big time bro, but I give u a high five for trying.". LOL.

Oh no please don't take it wrong way, I was praising you for make pure Mage build to work,you are in a class of few who can actually made it work and I find it awesome,

I myself love Mage classes but I could never get it to work for me in this game and way you describe how you made it work is awesome, it gives me an incentive to try to build another pure Mage and use some of your ways you made it work,

Please do not take anything I said wrong way, I was appraising you with huge grats because I rarely find players in this game that makes a pure Mage build without using exploits or mods and you did not use any and you made your pure Mage to work and had fn with your Mage even better so on master level, I have faith in you you can make it work on legendary.

You be amazed how many whiners on here cry cause they can't make magic work for them, so again your in a league of few who overcame the odds and made it work and you should be given huge grats:)

It makes for a decent challenge without being annoying. A high powered warrior or a stealth assassin is just plain boring at later levels. Pure mage gives you enough power to make u feel strong at later levels but at the same timr making u squishy enough to have to be careful.
#12Perma-n00b(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 8:16:03 PM
Dark_Apostate posted...
Perma-n00b posted...
My favorite playthrough in all my hours in Skyrim was my pure mage. Even on master the guy was a beast! Any run one on legendary? Let's hear some stories by gum!

Perma-n00b posted...
I had 90% cost redux on destro, used all magic skills accept most of the resto tree, and I used
destro as ny primary attack but utilized dual dremoras, ebony armor, and paralyze regularly.... Less emphasis on illusion. I actually enjoyed magic more than oblivions overpowered spreadsheet magic.

Sounds like you haven't run a pure mage after all. Try it with only mage skills and you may find a pure mage to be a little more challenging, rather than "beast".

I apologize Dark, I meant Ebony Flesh. I realize heavy armor is not a pure mage skill.
#13CRK44Posted 2/12/2014 9:14:56 PM
Perma-n00b posted...
I had 90% cost redux on destro, used all magic skills accept most of the resto tree, and I used
destro as ny primary attack but utilized dual dremoras, ebony armor, and paralyze regularly.... Less emphasis on illusion. I actually enjoyed magic more than oblivions overpowered spreadsheet magic.

Wow. We have the same builds. They were carbon copies up until you mentioned illusion. Never used it. But I did level by spamming Muffle. I put a lot of time into this character. I played on Master for his first 30ish levels. I decided I didn't want to keep replaying levels because I got stuck between 2 Draugr for .2 seconds so I moved it down to Expert. My second favorite build. But I felt that I could have managed on Master if I absolutely mastered Illusion. Especially when I heard about Necromage perk + Thralls + 3 stackable "Courage" spells combo.
#14Perma-n00b(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 5:44:26 AM
pure mage master race!
#15nomorePosted 2/13/2014 6:33:32 AM
Mage seemed a little tough until I picked up the impact perk.
Then it was just OP, same as the other types I've played.

On master not legendary anyway...
#16Dark_ApostatePosted 2/13/2014 7:57:09 AM
Perma-n00b posted...
I apologize Dark, I meant Ebony Flesh. I realize heavy armor is not a pure mage skill.

No need for apologies, play how you like. That is an easy thing to switch out as well, in that case I agree with you. Pure mage is indeed rather fun and the most challenging.
#17nothingbeastPosted 2/13/2014 8:32:29 AM
I didn't play on Legendary, but yeah, Pure Mage was my toughest build.

My only real rule about the character was he wasn't allowed to touch an actual weapon. He was about my 5th character, so I pretty much knew what areas to avoid until I got stronger, but it was a fun build.

It's amazing how fast Destruction levels up when it's the only attack you have. Conjuring was nice at low levels to help keep focus on someone else, but eventually got replaced by my higher level destruction spells.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.