Destruction power

#11BSmokin724Posted 2/12/2014 10:26:31 PM
With duel casting they should of made it where you can mix spells.

Like fire and ice. Or a ball of fire and lightning.

That'd be cool.
---
Gt- ATx420 Sentinel it's a rocket launcher from 007 world
Is not enough n64
#12charon78auPosted 2/12/2014 11:39:40 PM
CRK44 posted...
charon78au posted...
- An equipment enchantment to fortify the damage.
- Increase the base damage of some of the spells.
- Allow for sneak attacks with spells if the quiet casting perk is taken.
- Change casting to be instantaneous when the trigger is pulled, and allow for charged spells by holding the trigger. Similar to melee power attacks. These would be about 50% stronger when cast.
- Improve the efficiency of dual casting to be 3x damage for 2.8x magicka cost. Make dual cast spells better than the single cast.

I actually really like this. But does dual cast still retain Impact? That's really what make Dual Cast useful. Even at lower levels.

I would say so, yes.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#13Devil_BunniesPosted 2/13/2014 1:26:27 AM
100% cost reduction + fortify destruction potions + Ice Storm/Chain Lightning spam w/ Impact = game broken
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mckt22K1gz1re2s0eo1_500.jpg
#14Mick65Posted 2/13/2014 10:47:40 AM
Double would be good, though I like charons ideas.

100% redux sucks.
---
GT: cmStone Pawn: Kurgan http://i.imgur.com/8B37fxK.jpg
GT: cmStoned Pawn: Jenassa http://i.imgur.com/6ruOqyP.jpg
#15SoulOfFaythPosted 2/13/2014 10:48:45 AM
I believe I gave myself a 25% damage boost and 25% cost reduction through the console to make it fun/balanced/useful beyond lvl 2.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#16LockeadonPosted 2/13/2014 6:17:43 PM
Cattabria posted...
LordTrinen posted...
This question has probably been done to death like many others but I'm curious what current opinions are.

Many complain that Destruction magic is underpowered. If you had a chance to permanently multiply the strength of all your Destruction spells by how much would you do it? Double it? Triple it? Go even higher? How strong do you wish your Destruction mages were?

I cannot go above a 1 keep it the same because in Skyrim, magic was not meant to be done by itself it just doesn't stand up to the power damage out put, it is so broken it's laughable.

Skyrim dropped the ball when it came to destruction magic in this game, a sneaky archer out does a dual casting destruction Mage by 6 times in damage wise, it's pitiful a dual casting destruction Mage cannot hold its own against mobs without a use of Conjuration pets or melee/bow weapons.

it is pretty weird that destruction magic is the only form of damage that gets no sort of boost from sneak attack (or berserk)
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#17Ramza1Posted 2/13/2014 8:08:37 PM
Not sure what to vote, since I think 1.5x would be enough. But like what HatchetHound said, I'd like it to be related to skill level, with each skill point adding .5% to your damage.

That way it stays useful at the end of the game, while not being overpowered at the beginning.
---
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!
#18LockeadonPosted 2/13/2014 10:57:20 PM
Ramza1 posted...
Not sure what to vote, since I think 1.5x would be enough. But like what HatchetHound said, I'd like it to be related to skill level, with each skill point adding .5% to your damage.

That way it stays useful at the end of the game, while not being overpowered at the beginning.

hows alma?
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#19HatchetHoundPosted 2/14/2014 6:15:58 AM
Yeah, the way I've set it, the strongest non-Master spells do over 200 damage, I think. Just over, though. 205.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#20Devil_BunniesPosted 2/14/2014 10:43:16 AM(edited)
HatchetHound posted...
Yeah, the way I've set it, the strongest non-Master spells do over 200 damage, I think. Just over, though. 205.

They can already hit for 700+ w/ potions, why make it even more overpowered?

EDIT: Don't see the point of this topic >_>

---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mckt22K1gz1re2s0eo1_500.jpg