Conjurations need more variety

#1BiggyDXPosted 2/12/2014 10:38:52 PM
Too often it feels like your just conjuring another NPC, and that there's nothing really that unique to them (apart from Health boosts). I'd like it if each conjuration has a special ability or AI pattern that set them apart from their natural counterparts. There also needs to be a behavior for them to put the Masters life (you) above all else when your health runs low or you're in a tough spot. For example:

Fire Atronach: The Fire Atronach is still a long-range conjuration, but when needed you can call on it's flames to imbue any further attacks you do with fire damage. Weapons take on flame damage, fire magic gets a substantial boost, and other magics cost less mana. This however does remove the Atronach out of battle, but you can have the return to form so long as their summon time permits. When your health runs low, the Atronach envelops you in a cloak that fire and goes into suicidal mode where it seeks the aggressor and explodes even more violently than it does naturally.

Frost Atronach: Instead of boosting your weapons with fire, you can have it restructure itself around your body and behave as armor; giving the player a damage reduction bonus. If the players life is in jeopardy, then it moves its way towards you and erects a barrier of ice. This can grant you cover for a limited time so that you can either use it tactically to pick off targets, heal and prep yourself, or escape. Regardless, after erecting the barrier the Frost Atronach goes back to fighting and also gains higher aggro potential.

Those are just some smarter ways I think they could be handled in the next game.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#2Dark_ApostatePosted 2/12/2014 10:51:35 PM
Summoning Daedra as weapons and armor already exists within TES. Bound (whatever) is exactly that. When you conjure an atronach, scamp, dremora, etc, you are summoning Daedra in their natural state. I do not see the need to make the two spells effects into one super spell.
#3RavensRules69Posted 2/13/2014 7:02:52 PM
I miss the summons from previous games (Scamps, wraiths, liches, that creepy Spider Daedra). I hope we get more next time.
---
Not changing this sig until Disney delivers a Star Wars movie that isn't utter crap
#4Hydroflame20Posted 2/13/2014 8:21:52 PM
RavensRules69 posted...
I miss the summons from previous games (Scamps, wraiths, liches, that creepy Spider Daedra). I hope we get more next time.

Indeed I do miss those spells.
---
"A mage is but a larval form of something even greater! Your Chantry vilifies us, calls us abominations when we have truly reached our full potential.
#5RampagingwalrusPosted 2/14/2014 6:54:21 AM
BiggyDX posted...
There also needs to be a behavior for them to put the Masters life (you) above all else when your health runs low or you're in a tough spot.

They are your slave. They are not happy to be there. They do not want to be there. They would kill you themself if they could.
---
I wear this crown of thorns, upon my liar's chair.
http://btes.freeforums.org/index.php
#6ShmewdogPosted 2/14/2014 6:56:25 AM
I wish that you could still cast Bound armor spells. That way you can just walk around in whatever clothes you want and then when someone battles you, BAM! Full suit Daedric out of thin air. Problem?
---
Therefore I say to you that we must go forward, not backward! Upward, not forward! And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
#7Dagoods8426Posted 2/14/2014 7:23:49 AM
Shmewdog posted...
I wish that you could still cast Bound armor spells. That way you can just walk around in whatever clothes you want and then when someone battles you, BAM! Full suit Daedric out of thin air. Problem?

Isn't that pretty much what the alteration mage armor spells already do
#8RavensRules69Posted 2/14/2014 7:28:58 AM
Shmewdog posted...

That'd look kinda weird though, with the way they handled Bound weapons in Skyrim. Side Note: Was the completely different look of Bound Weapons between Morrowind/Oblivion and Skyrim ever explained, lore-wise? The first two games they were just Daedric weapons that didn't weigh anything, but now they're all ghost-y. Is there a given reason for the change? Not important, just curious.
---
Not changing this sig until Disney delivers a Star Wars movie that isn't utter crap
#9RampagingwalrusPosted 2/14/2014 7:34:55 AM
RavensRules69 posted...
That'd look kinda weird though, with the way they handled Bound weapons in Skyrim. Side Note: Was the completely different look of Bound Weapons between Morrowind/Oblivion and Skyrim ever explained, lore-wise? The first two games they were just Daedric weapons that didn't weigh anything, but now they're all ghost-y. Is there a given reason for the change? Not important, just curious.

Lore-wise, no, I do not think so.

Basically it is just an "improvement" of graphical capabilities. In my opinion at least.
---
I wear this crown of thorns, upon my liar's chair.
http://btes.freeforums.org/index.php
#10LockeadonPosted 2/14/2014 7:46:52 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
RavensRules69 posted...

Lore-wise, no, I do not think so.

Basically it is just an "improvement" of graphical capabilities. In my opinion at least.

i'm sure its just cause it looks better
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider