lore wise (Is there any advantage to being Aedra over Daedra)

#1IceStar100Posted 5/19/2014 12:34:53 AM
I know Daedra are more powerful but it seem like there should be some with Aedra having a place in creation of the world.
---
English in not my first language if it is that hard to understand me ignore me.
#2Kyo3333Posted 5/19/2014 1:59:10 AM
Being dead generally doesn't have much in the way of advantages... thats kind of the POINT of it be a SACRIFICE.

The Aedra gave up most of their power (and sometimes their very lives) because they believed in Lorkhan's ideas about being able to turn Nirn into the most beautiful and unique thing in all of creation... and because they came to care about the mortal creatures who's potential was a surprise even to them.

All the Daedra did was sit back, hoarde their power, and laugh at the endeavor... even though they're so bored in their own realms that many of them actively want Nirn for themselves or can;t help but interfere in it because they're so bored all the time.
---
Sarcasm, learn it instead of getting angry. Posts will often be filled with random tangents and un-serious jokes.
#3The_Beer_ScotchPosted 5/19/2014 2:31:50 AM
Kyo3333 posted...
Being dead generally doesn't have much in the way of advantages... thats kind of the POINT of it be a SACRIFICE.

The Aedra gave up most of their power (and sometimes their very lives) because they believed in Lorkhan's ideas about being able to turn Nirn into the most beautiful and unique thing in all of creation... and because they came to care about the mortal creatures who's potential was a surprise even to them.

All the Daedra did was sit back, hoarde their power, and laugh at the endeavor... even though they're so bored in their own realms that many of them actively want Nirn for themselves or can;t help but interfere in it because they're so bored all the time.

Not to be rude... but this is completely incorrect sir.

Why would you spew nonsense without actually researching / knowing your facts first?

I just don't comprehend it.
---
We stop checking for monsters under our bed... when we realise they are inside of us.
#4Brenz0rPosted 5/19/2014 2:52:00 AM
The difference between Aedra and Daedra isn't as great as one might think, when you get right down to it.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#5Kyo3333Posted 5/19/2014 4:57:06 AM
Uh oh, lore hound coming through. I'm out, can't compete with guys who spend their lives studying this stuff.
---
Sarcasm, learn it instead of getting angry. Posts will often be filled with random tangents and un-serious jokes.
#6The_Beer_ScotchPosted 5/19/2014 5:44:04 AM
Kyo3333 posted...
Uh oh, lore hound coming through. I'm out, can't compete with guys who spend their lives studying this stuff.

That's a little extreme.
---
We stop checking for monsters under our bed... when we realise they are inside of us.
#7MortsllemPosted 5/19/2014 7:01:23 AM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Kyo3333 posted...

Why would you spew nonsense without actually researching / knowing your facts first?

Good job you cleared everything up and corrected him with the real facts then.
---
#8FunkydogPosted 5/19/2014 8:07:55 AM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Kyo3333 posted...

Yup. I feel much more knowledgeable about matters now. Your insightful comments, in depth reasoning and own little twist on things made it much more relata... oh wait.

You didn't say anything. My bad.
---
Oh! Something Shiny!
#9IceStar100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 9:11:41 AM
One I do hope the lore hound do show up.

Also guys no need to fight this should be fun it's a game made to be you know fun. I was looking for an answer yes but I'd rather get a destitution going then a war please be nice to each other.

*put on hippy clothes and starts singing Kumbaya*
---
English in not my first language if it is that hard to understand me ignore me.
#10nihtwingPosted 5/19/2014 9:47:39 AM
Well I am certainly no lore hound, but it seems to me the Daedra are simply more likely to interfere in affairs on Nirn. There are a couple Aedra missions in Skyrim, so I get the impression the Aedra are capable of communicating with there followers but thats about it.

Despite Martin making the Daedra unable to manifest physically Sanguine appears to have the ability to manifest(in part due to a glitch).

Haha in an attempt to offer an opinion I have discovered I am just as confused as everyone else.