Fun character builds?

#1MrSweatyPantsPosted 6/18/2014 2:45:04 PM
I've been away from Skyrim for a while. I want to get back into it, but I feel like I've played every type of character. Any unique suggestions? I plan on playing dead is dead on legendary if I see one I like.
---
I'm a grown ass man. I can wet the bed if I want.
#2IamI3rianPosted 6/18/2014 2:46:53 PM
Check out the Skyrim Blog. Tons of awesome builds there.

I like the Skystrider myself.
http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I'm on Vacation. Gonna drink a lot of whiskey.
#3FreeMan5407Posted 6/18/2014 3:03:21 PM
^ this

Check mason sorcerer , nemesis, seraphim, volkihar and the sentinels , also imperial battlemage, tinkerer , orc samurai and phase shifter are my favorites of the bunch
#4MrSweatyPants(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 3:37:27 PM
Dat Imperial Battlemage tho. Definitely going to give that a go. Mages are my favorite, and I've never really used staves, so that should be interesting. Thanks for the link Brian, and thank you to FreeMan for the personal suggestions.
---
I'm a grown ass man. I can wet the bed if I want.
#5IamI3rianPosted 6/18/2014 4:00:08 PM
No prob. = )

You should really look around on there. For no other reason then to get awesome ideas for combo moves.

Also, a few of those have some decent reading as well.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I'm on Vacation. Gonna drink a lot of whiskey.
#6LockeadonPosted 6/19/2014 7:54:15 AM
if you are disappointed with the lack of difficulty in legendary try this: redguard, all points into stamina. focus on archery (you'll want ranger for mobility when shooting) 1-h (dual wield or use shield depending on situation), block (go up shield side to block runner for more mobility), light or no armor, stealth (dash off, drop into stealth, get some kills, or do it the old fashioned way), alchemy (restoratives and skill/stat boosters as well as poisons (hp ravage + hp damage is especially useful when you need a sure kill), smithing OR enchanting (if you take both you kiss all challenge goodbye), and one or two school of magic (illusion or restoration suggested, both are helpful if you mess up for different reasons, alteration can also be useful for detect spells and additional armor etc (this is a high mobility, highly flexible build that keeps you on your toes cause low hp means you can't tank everything, and redguard is the ideal race for a stamina based build. i call it redguard wanderer
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#7FreeMan5407Posted 6/19/2014 9:28:57 AM
yes the imperial battlemage is interesting/fun

ward and staff is a good combination since you can use your magicka for support and staves for offensive

also the combination of legendary and apprentice stone make all the enemies with magic attack very dangerous, so you have to learn to use the wards

however if you are goin to play on legendary, you have to use alchemy to increase the staves damage and enchanting to increase the number of charges