SIX times! Darn game froze SIX times today!!!

#1DrNick2008Posted 8/2/2014 4:38:25 PM
I was playing today (burned house quest in Morthal, no spoilers, please) and the game kept freezing over and over again. When my character froze in mid-air jumping over the fire pit in the Jarl's longhouse, that was enough. SIX times in total; not exaggerating at all.

Argh. I like the game a lot. The freezes have been annoying, but not super frequent; about 1 freeze every 2-3 play sessions. But today, 6 times in less than 2 hours. Double-dog argh.

I guess it's the universe's way of telling me to go do the IRL things I should've been doing anyway.
---
Teach me the ways of the secular flesh.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#2VampyreFoxPosted 8/2/2014 4:49:16 PM
The universe doesn't care about the stuff you need a do IRL. The universe wants you to play Sky-Sky :B

Maybe it's the power of your subconscious that has sabotaged Sky-Sky
---
The official Fox eccentric of the Dark Souls and Skyrim boards. Juh-Feel
Psn: PurpleFox-Trot , WhiteDragnBreath
#3GuideToTheDarkPosted 8/2/2014 10:40:40 PM
Saying there's a quest about a burnt house in Morthal could count as a spoiler
---
http://tinyurl.com/oydp9kw
#4MiChIgAnFaN116Posted 8/2/2014 11:04:07 PM
The Xbox version loves to freeze
#5Eric_Cart_ManPosted 8/3/2014 1:22:33 AM
MiChIgAnFaN116 posted...
PS3 more so, or so my friends tell me. But yeah, I play on Xbox and my game freezes at least once a day.
---
Get out of my way before I have you slapped in irons.
#6Milla_MaxwellPosted 8/3/2014 1:52:16 AM
Eric_Cart_Man posted...
MiChIgAnFaN116 posted...
PS3 more so, or so my friends tell me. But yeah, I play on Xbox and my game freezes at least once a day.

Mine almost never freezes (turning off Autosaves and remembering to save often manually helps a lot.)

The PS3 version is a lot worse though.
---
"Mommy, how come the wolf always has to be the bad guy? Everybody's mean to them and they always get killed at the end..."
-Ame
#7FredCat07Posted 8/3/2014 5:57:01 AM
Please feel better because I got 4 freezes under 5 minutes, all on same spot beside Riften Hold. FIVE MINUTES, compared to your two hours.
---
American Sign Language is my primary language.
Insult, berated and taunted other lowed your renowned civilian statue from into the bad people.
#8200whatPosted 8/3/2014 6:41:43 AM
MiChIgAnFaN116 posted...

it does? I've been playing for a year and it froze twice in total. once (minor spoiler) while riding a dragon to another dragon near some giants then getting off.

Next (major spoiler) when the DB sanctuary is under attack and I get in the coffin)

those were early on. try doing that install thing on xbox it helps it run faster.

It might just be the universe saying "yes, keep playing long game streaks, yes"
---
The Great Guava
#9HatchetHoundPosted 8/3/2014 5:11:38 PM
I was barely playing for ten minutes just now, riding from Riverwood to Falkreath, not even past the Guardian Stones and BAM, freeze.
---
"Heh-heh. Dirt... Nap... Dirtnap!"
#10GuideToTheDarkPosted 8/3/2014 5:50:04 PM
I think it's more a console issue than a game issue.
---
http://tinyurl.com/oydp9kw