Why do people complain about Barbas?

#1bacterialtacoPosted 8/2/2014 6:42:22 PM
Yeah, he continuously barks, traps you in corners and blocks doorways but its a small price to pay for a somewhat powerful and invincible companion that can follow you even if you have an Armored Troll and a follower.

Besides, no one forced you to do the quest. And you can literally tell him to stop following you.
---
[Insert unusual sentence here]
#2bacterialtaco(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 6:57:09 PM
Also, has anybody noticed that the Dragonborn can become the champion of all Daedric Princes and has little interaction with The Nine? Is the Dragonborn a satanist or something?

I also have a problem with the Dragonborn being able to lead all of the factions. There has to be some form competition? And where are all the purely good factions? Literally every faction is associated with something that is frowned upon.
---
#3mrlaurence4Posted 8/2/2014 7:12:57 PM
I don't know if they ever fixed it in a patch, but you can never stand still when he's following you because he'll continually push you in some direction. It's annoying
#4bacterialtaco(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 7:14:24 PM
mrlaurence4 posted...
I don't know if they ever fixed it in a patch, but you can never stand still when he's following you because he'll continually push you in some direction. It's annoying

What did you expect? Its Skyrim.
---
#5mrlaurence4Posted 8/2/2014 7:26:59 PM
You asked why do people complain about Barbas, I gave my own answer.
#6bacterialtaco(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 7:46:23 PM
mrlaurence4 posted...
You asked why do people complain about Barbas, I gave my own answer.

Well OK then
---
#7SengokuNoMaouPosted 8/2/2014 8:06:42 PM
bacterialtaco posted...

You answered your own question in the first paragraph of your first post.

bacterialtaco posted...
Also, has anybody noticed that the Dragonborn can become the champion of all Daedric Princes and has little interaction with The Nine? Is the Dragonborn a satanist or something?

Not really. Of the three dieties (the 9, Aedra, and Daedric Princes), the Daedric Princes are the only ones noticeably and actively interfering in mortal affairs in some capacity. The other two either don't exist or don't care. The only exceptions that comes to mind are Martin becoming an avatar of Akatosh and the ancient dragons making reference to Paatha-whatever and Alduin being direct descendants from Akatosh.

bacterialtaco posted...
There has to be some form competition?

The guilds aren't supposed to be competing with each other, though. The thieves' guilds are thieves, pickpockets, and burglars. The fighters' guild are essentially a band of mercenaries. The mages' guild exists to teach magic, and sell potions, enchanted items, and scrolls to the general public. The Dark Brotherhood (and Morag Tongg in Morrowind) are nothing more than a guild of assassins (at best).

bacterialtaco posted...
Literally every faction is associated with something that is frowned upon.

Eh. I'll slightly concede to this. Magic isn't inherently good or evil, and the mages' guild is nothing short of a joke by the time Skyrim rolls around. The thieves' guild are Robin Hoods or dirty, rotten crooks depending upon inclination and opinion. The Companions I'll give you, and I wish that nonsense wasn't what amounts to Skyrim's FG. The Dark Brotherhood being assassins is nothing new, and their actions have always been frowned upon. Lastly, The Dawnguard killing vampires counts as evil?
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/675705.png
http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/SengokuNoMaou.gif
#8SengokuNoMaouPosted 8/2/2014 8:07:51 PM
Double Post: Got damn do I miss the Arena from Morrowind and Oblivion, and I still find the lack of one in Skyrim to be disheartening.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/675705.png
http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/SengokuNoMaou.gif
#9FredCat07Posted 8/2/2014 8:10:00 PM
for laure's question being answered - No, they did not and left that little daedric's garbage the same that continuous humped your leg each two minutes. And yes, I checked it with my Legendary Edition version, he still doing it.
---
American Sign Language is my primary language.
Insult, berated and taunted other lowed your renowned civilian statue from into the bad people.
#10bacterialtaco(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 8:48:40 PM
SengokuNoMaou posted...
bacterialtaco posted...

You answered your own question in the first paragraph of your first post.
No, I asked you a question and you didn't answer it.

bacterialtaco posted...

Not really. Of the three dieties (the 9, Aedra, and Daedric Princes), the Daedric Princes are the only ones noticeably and actively interfering in mortal affairs in some capacity. The other two either don't exist or don't care. The only exceptions that comes to mind are Martin becoming an avatar of Akatosh and the ancient dragons making reference to Paatha-whatever and Alduin being direct descendants from Akatosh.

bacterialtaco posted...
There has to be some form competition?

The guilds aren't supposed to be competing with each other, though. The thieves' guilds are thieves, pickpockets, and burglars. The fighters' guild are essentially a band of mercenaries. The mages' guild exists to teach magic, and sell potions, enchanted items, and scrolls to the general public. The Dark Brotherhood (and Morag Tongg in Morrowind) are nothing more than a guild of assassins (at best).
I'm talking about some people doing more stuff than the Dragonborn, like the companions. Couldn't Vilkas become the Harbinger?

bacterialtaco posted...
Literally every faction is associated with something that is frowned upon.

Eh. I'll slightly concede to this. Magic isn't inherently good or evil, and the mages' guild is nothing short of a joke by the time Skyrim rolls around. The thieves' guild are Robin Hoods or dirty, rotten crooks depending upon inclination and opinion. The Companions I'll give you, and I wish that nonsense wasn't what amounts to Skyrim's FG. The Dark Brotherhood being assassins is nothing new, and their actions have always been frowned upon. Lastly, The Dawnguard killing vampires counts as evil?
I was talking about the the base factions

Bold is me
I didn't answer two of your replies because I didn't have a reply
---