Elder Scrolls RP (Dragon Crisis) OOC 11

#261I_Dont_Agree(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 4:52:45 PM
darkportal785 posted...
I don't think you realise the threat they pose. While what MK says isn't exactly canon without Bethesda's say so, what he does say can be seen as pseudo-canon.

The Dominion survives (and push back IIRC) a Numidium attack on Alinor in the 5th Era. They also 'win in the end.'

They aren't just the TES Nazi equivalent. Steamrolling them at every single turn is ridiculous.

Ew c0dex.

But yeah, a ''fodder faction'', especially the Thalmor of all people, is really really really silly. That stuff belongs in action movies 'n comic books 'n stuff. At the very least they should actually be spoken of as if they were a real threat, rather than a group 'o incompetent boobs.
---
You move like an insect. You think like an insect. You ARE an insect.
Official Hand Axe of the Dark Souls board
#262Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 8/14/2014 5:24:39 PM
I_Dont_Agree posted...
darkportal785 posted...
I don't think you realise the threat they pose. While what MK says isn't exactly canon without Bethesda's say so, what he does say can be seen as pseudo-canon.

The Dominion survives (and push back IIRC) a Numidium attack on Alinor in the 5th Era. They also 'win in the end.'

They aren't just the TES Nazi equivalent. Steamrolling them at every single turn is ridiculous.

Ew c0dex.

But yeah, a ''fodder faction'', especially the Thalmor of all people, is really really really silly. That stuff belongs in action movies 'n comic books 'n stuff. At the very least they should actually be spoken of as if they were a real threat, rather than a group 'o incompetent boobs.

I support this.

Seems the Dominion, and in turn the thalmor have been treated as jokes through out the RP. Now I do like dealing out a little punishment every now and then to the Dominion, however things have gotten laughable, to the point where they're threat level is non-existent.

Just my two cents though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fy3BQYr.jpg
"I punch babies furiously on the streets of Vancouver"- Northernlion 2013
#263Curved_Sw0rdPosted 8/14/2014 5:30:45 PM
So I'd like to extend an offer to you all. I've brainstormed up a set of Domion characters who, in theory, should be potent enough to turn the scales and at least even things out.

I have the Berserker roughly planned out, I'd like to hear other suggestions/offers as to what else we can bring to the Dominon's table.
---
I have done nothing but teleport bread for 3 days.
#264I_Dont_Agree(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 5:48:12 PM
It'd take more than a few characters to turn the tides and make the Dominion a proper imposing threat. Buff da whole military 'n political system. Make it so that single people and youngsters can't topple individual soldiers so easily. Give 'em realistic goals and stuff. A few powerful people aren't going to change things if people just continue to go ''lolThalmorNazis'' 'n kill them willy nilly.

I'm not holding my breath though. We've had Thalmor in the past. There's only one that hasn't died or defected.
---
#265Gannondwarf432Posted 8/14/2014 5:53:50 PM
Van_Of_The_Dawn posted...
I_Dont_Agree posted...
darkportal785 posted...

Ew c0dex.

I support this.

Seems the Dominion, and in turn the thalmor have been treated as jokes through out the RP. Now I do like dealing out a little punishment every now and then to the Dominion, however things have gotten laughable, to the point where they're threat level is non-existent.

Just my two cents though.

What? The Dominion is a threat? I thought it was some bizzarely named traveling clown group!

But in all seriousness, yes, the Dominion needs to be an actual threat, as opposed to the "LOL FREE ROFLSTOMP GAIZ" that they're currently portrayed as.
---
"We are a factory that produces apple pies for whales" - Ninja
Just an average guy who saves the Earth from giant space tarantulas.
#266Curved_Sw0rdPosted 8/14/2014 5:55:16 PM
I think I might be able to up the ante, if you're all willing.
---
#267TohruAdachi260Posted 8/14/2014 5:58:47 PM
I might roll a Thalmor character for something Dark and I were discussing. Should be fun. Look forward to that.
---
So I heard someone wanted to talk about murders!
#268Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 8/14/2014 6:12:06 PM
Problem with running dominion characters (or powerful antagonists in general) is it's hard to know when to let up, and when to win. Atleast for me it is.

You have to appease the people your antagonizing in two ways. By making them feel threatened when it's necessary, and giving them small doses of hope along the way. Now that's the stuff good villains are made of.

I'm ranting now...

But yeah bolster their forces, don't treat the thalmor npc's like flies to be swatted, and add some good well written villains. I foresee no problems stemming from that...
*kappaface*
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fy3BQYr.jpg
"I punch babies furiously on the streets of Vancouver"- Northernlion 2013
#269I_Dont_Agree(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:50:19 PM
Yeah, can we get an actual villain villain, a guy that is more than just tossing magic around until he kills someone? A real manipulator and smooth talker. Someone with substance over style...
---
#270Curved_Sw0rdPosted 8/14/2014 7:11:16 PM
The problem with that is no one wants their characters manipulated. Myself included, no offense.
---