What people don't understand about vampire lords. -*SPOILERS*-

#21HatchetHoundPosted 8/10/2014 4:21:19 PM
I personally don't find the vampire jewelry to be very useful, so I like joining the Dawnguard and becoming a Hybrid later.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You don’t become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#22wrath_of_sithisPosted 8/10/2014 4:24:08 PM
HatchetHound posted...
I personally don't find the vampire jewelry to be very useful, so I like joining the Dawnguard and becoming a Hybrid later.

the amulets aren't bad since you can still enchant them yourself too
#23UmbreonLPosted 8/10/2014 4:25:17 PM
WerepireLord posted...
Ok, i have seen a poll about a volkihar vs dawnguard. The majority picked dawnguard for the story. But they oversee the fact that the volkihar might have no obvious interesting things about their storyline, the dawnguard have so called interesting things, which are made obvious by bethesda. But really, dawnguard are ancient vampire hunters that got disbanded when the emperor called useless on the dawnguard. Volkihar however, are literally among the oldest most powerful vampires, AND they are pure blood. Obviously, bethesda can't let harkon use his real power or else even the best skyrim player wouldn't be able to defeat harkon in novice difficulty. And vampire lords are a dying race, only valerica, serana, harkon and the dragonborn are the only vampire lords. The other vampires are just for display. What bethesda cannot do, is make volkihar use their real power or the sun would get bent and f***ed over. Dawnguard are not even a shadow of their former selves, so just in case you're wondering, the reason volkihar are weak is because bethesda want the player to be the winner. Dawnguard are also pretty weak. If you have a pc then spawn harkon and that dawnguard leader then harkon will throw the dawnguard guy inside the van. (if you know what i mean)
Lore wise, the same would happen.
But if you want the better, obvious story then dawnguard is for you.
If you are a lore guy, or someone who actually understands who is smarter and stronger then the volkihar is for you. Am i the only one here who actually sees that?

I find the vampire story way better.
The dawnguard one seems to dull for me. -_- but I want the huskies.
---
Sorry Chief, we don't take MasterCard...
FC: 0919-9942-8706 TSV: 1115 Founder of 'My tsv is cursed' club
#24UmbreonLPosted 8/10/2014 4:26:43 PM
HatchetHound posted...

Yes, 100 extra health with deadly punches and 100 extra magika with more regeneration is not useful.
---
#25HatchetHoundPosted 8/10/2014 4:31:03 PM
To me it isn't. My health is sufficient and so is my regen. Claws are strong enough.
---
BLACK. CATS.
#26UmbreonLPosted 8/10/2014 4:34:08 PM
HatchetHound posted...
To me it isn't. My health is sufficient and so is my regen. Claws are strong enough.

I find the extra health useful, especially if I don't have a better ring to wear.
I means honestly, what normal ring gives you 100 HP? (I would understand if you would rather wear hircine ring or namiras ring, they are very useful too.)
---
#27VeezaraPosted 8/10/2014 4:43:51 PM
UmbreonL posted...
HatchetHound posted...

I find the extra health useful, especially if I don't have a better ring to wear.
I means honestly, what normal ring gives you 100 HP? (I would understand if you would rather wear hircine ring or namiras ring, they are very useful too.)

I use Hircine's ring but with high enchanting I'd rather make my most used ring a fortify 2 handed. If I make it to double enchanting I'd put on a second enchantment, really depends on the character RP what that would be though.
The Frostmoon rings are also useful, giving an extra ability in beast form. That's kind of what I'd compare the vampire jewellery to. An extra power in VL form, like the extra gargoyle, one that you can't enchant yourself.
Of course a good reason to join the Dawnguard is the improved crossbows that you can't get if you join Harkon.
#28HatchetHoundPosted 8/10/2014 5:11:48 PM
I make room for Hircine's, but my most worn ring is 50% Archery and 58% Fire Resist.
---
http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/03/prequel-begin/
http://i.imgur.com/CTF2q4Y.gif
#29gameplayer6458Posted 8/10/2014 7:00:39 PM
Dracula should have been in Skyrim as an old senile vampire a la Billy & Mandy.
---
Gameplayer6458 for SSBU!
"It is a strange patriot that destroys the first amendment to protect the second" -Tycho, Penny Arcade
#30HatchetHoundPosted 8/10/2014 7:04:50 PM
^ Scrape and lick.
---
http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/03/prequel-begin/
http://i.imgur.com/CTF2q4Y.gif