Adoption. I see a lot of people take Sofie

#1VeezaraPosted 8/10/2014 7:32:04 AM
And I can't recall a single person even mentioning Blaise. In fact, this may be the first post that has his name on this forum for months.
Obviously Sofie's father was a Knight of Windhelm, and Baises's was a Legionnaire.
If you start a thread asking who people adopted it is almost guaranteed that Sofie's name will come up. With Civil War threads it's pretty split, some say the Empire, some say the Stormcloaks. With adoption threads its like 70% say they adopted the Knight of Windhelm's daughter, (Lucia gets mentioned a lot as well as a second.) 29+% other kids, very rarely people say the Legionnaire's son.
#2BigPapiChadPosted 8/10/2014 7:44:57 AM
If I had Skyrim for PC, I would kill Sofie for her treason against the holy Empire, and I would kill Lucia, Alesan, and Blaise in order to spare them from life as a hungry orphan.
#3deadlymangozPosted 8/10/2014 8:23:20 AM
I usually only take sofie because my daughters name is sophie. not to mention she sells me alchemy ingredients rather than beg for coins like lucia
#4KozawahGamingPosted 8/10/2014 8:47:50 AM
I had one play through that I adopted both. I figured it would create a verbal fight between the two, I was disappointed.
#5RoninzetaPosted 8/10/2014 8:49:27 AM
I see you're trying to put a Civil War spin on it, but it probably has more to do with gender than anything else. Most people tend to want to protect girls in trouble more than they do boys in the same situation. Also, Sofie's cuter. And let's not forget that Blaise kinda-sorta already has a real job and shelter. It's far from ideal, but he's not a street urchin. Sofie's on her own.
#6Brenz0rPosted 8/10/2014 8:53:56 AM
Blaise doesn't have it all that much worse than children generally did in a time period that would approximate Skyrim. Sleeping in the stables, working for his keep, and so on.

Sofie, by contrast, sleeps on a pile of rags outside in the cold. Blizzards in Windhelm are common. And all she can do to get by is try and sell flowers.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#7magstormcammyPosted 8/10/2014 9:14:58 AM
I adopted sofie because she is a new character introduced with heartfire. She is very cute. She reminded me of my neice. If you ask her about why she's selling her flowers she gives you the saddest story plus her voice acting goes above and beyond really pulling at my heartstrings.

If I had known about the girl in whiterun I would have adopted her because she grew on me. Some kids have weird looking faces. The other girl I adopted was the one with an abusive dad and sister in rorikstead. I killed her dad and adopted her
#8MackorovPosted 8/10/2014 10:13:09 AM
I dont know. Does it matter who you adopt in this game? All the children having the exact same faces just ruins it for me

Thankfully there's this : )
www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55555
#9RavensRules69Posted 8/11/2014 6:43:46 AM
BigPapiChad posted...
If I had Skyrim for PC, I would kill Sofie for her treason against the holy Empire, and I would kill Lucia, Alesan, and Blaise in order to spare them from life as a hungry orphan.

That's rather......jackass-ish. And I almost always adopt Blaise, just because he's the first boy that comes to mind if I want a son. And either Lucia or Sofie for my daughter.
---
Not changing this sig until Disney delivers a Star Wars movie that isn't utter crap
#10BigPapiChadPosted 8/11/2014 6:47:08 AM
RavensRules69 posted...
BigPapiChad posted...

That's rather......jackass-ish. And I almost always adopt Blaise, just because he's the first boy that comes to mind if I want a son. And either Lucia or Sofie for my daughter.

You would prefer that I leave the orphans the way they are? Starving, lonely, and vulnerable to disease? You sick monster.

The only solution is to put them out of their misery with the Mace of Molag Bal. Except for Sofie, she needs to be executed for her rebellion against His Majesty.