Price of Dragonborn DLC?

#1alexponentialPosted 8/22/2014 10:54:53 AM
Is there a cheaper place to acquire the Dragonborn DLC? It's currently $20 on the Xbox Marketplace. As someone who bought the game on release day, and am currently getting back into the game, I think it's rather unfair for me to have to pay $20 for a DLC where, if I never purchased the game until now, I could get the Legendary Edition with all DLC for only $10 more. Do they put the DLC on sale regularly enough for me to wait for it? At this point I basically refuse to pay $20 for it with the Legendary Edition being only $30.
#2Eric_Cart_ManPosted 8/22/2014 10:58:01 AM
Just wait for it to go on sale. I got Dragonborn for $5 back in March or April. Or, as you said you might do, buy Legendary.
---
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu sleeps waiting.
#3alexponential(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 11:02:52 AM
Eric_Cart_Man posted...
Just wait for it to go on sale. I got Dragonborn for $5 back in March or April. Or, as you said you might do, buy Legendary.

I already paid full price for Dawnguard and Hearthfire back when they first came out. So, I've spent like $85 on Skyrim already. No need to charge me $20 for something that's been out for 2 years and people who've never given them any money before can get the full package for $30.
#4Eric_Cart_ManPosted 8/22/2014 11:09:15 AM
alexponential posted...
Eric_Cart_Man posted...

I already paid full price for Dawnguard and Hearthfire back when they first came out. So, I've spent like $85 on Skyrim already. No need to charge me $20 for something that's been out for 2 years and people who've never given them any money before can get the full package for $30.

Well, if you already have have Dawnguard and Hearthfire, just wait for it to go on sale, which is like once every two or three months, and the sales last about a week.
---
#5SoulOfFaythPosted 8/22/2014 11:18:55 AM
Yeah best wait for a sale. Admittedly, summer is just over and the holidays are a long way, but you might still get lucky with random sales.
---
Many a crooked day we've spent, telling tales and making myths.
And sharpening our tongues, yet doing little but growing old.
#6DeathShinigamiPosted 8/22/2014 8:12:37 PM
Or if you're impatient you could not be cheap and just pay the $20 for it.
---
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
GT: TheForsakenEvil | Pawn: Clare (Warrior 150<)
#7jakezing33Posted 8/22/2014 8:22:39 PM
DeathShinigami posted...

but he akready payed 85!
---
"A FAQ isn't "go to the forum and ask the question", its "Go to the list of existing answers so the forums aren't flooded by your spam"
#8SorrySleepingPosted 8/22/2014 8:48:39 PM
DeathShinigami posted...

Or you could stop being an arse and realize that charging full price for DLC that is 2 years old is stupid.

Games don't stay full price for that long, why the $*(# should an add-on cost that much?

The base Skyrim game costs $20 now. THE ENTIRE GAME. It costs as much as DLC that came out 2 years ago. Yeah, that makes sense.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#9Ramza1Posted 8/22/2014 9:15:51 PM(edited)
This is why I wait a year or so before buying games.

I guess the theory is that people who pay full price at launch get the "privilege" of playing the game sooner and owning it for longer. But once you take fixed price DLCs into account, that "privilege" just isn't worth 70ish extra dollars.

I think waiting a year and getting the legendary edition for 30$ was well worth being "late to the party" as they say.

To the TC. I agree 100%. It's ridiculous that DLC never drops in price. 20$ for an expansion is crazy when 30$ buys you all the expansions and the base game all at once. You can try to wait for a sale.

Or...

If you know anyone with the legendary edition and you're feeling "sneaky"...
---
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!
#10Eric_Cart_ManPosted 8/22/2014 9:39:25 PM
Legendary edition has codes you use to download the DLCs that you can only use once each, probably because people did exactly what Ramza1 said to do but with Oblivion GOTY. Hell, even I did that. Bethesda doesn't seem to like cheapskates.
---