The puzzles are pretty stupid so far..

#1TheUnrealOnePosted 11/11/2011 12:35:28 PM
So I was in that cave where you have to find the golden claw. And the puzzles made no sense. You have to match up 3 animal signs; snake, eagle, fish thing. and the other puzzle you have an owl, bear and butterfly. I did all sorts of combinations. Like match up 3 animals, put them in order of size or earth/flying/water type. I messed around for a while until I found a random combination.

Did anyone else have random combinations for your puzzles and is it like this in other caves?
#2Chibi_FlashPosted 11/11/2011 12:36:26 PM
The clue was in the journal of the guy who had the claw.
---
GT: Nylarthotep PSN: Sim-Life
The post is the twisted brainwrong of a one off man-mental.
#3JoshDreyMartinPosted 11/11/2011 12:42:16 PM
For the first puzzle there's literally a picture of the solution on the wall like 5 feet to the right of the pillars used to solve the puzzle and the second one is explained in detail in the guys journal that you save from the spider.
---
Stop Uwe Boll once and for all! sign the petition (google uwe boll petition)
#4Fa1nTyPosted 11/11/2011 12:43:04 PM
Gamefaqs skyrim boards - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
#5TheUnrealOne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 12:43:44 PM
I did try the wall combination but it didn't work. I can't really be asked to keep reading all these books I'm picking up.
#6RB23Posted 11/11/2011 12:43:54 PM
haha this is a funny discussion.
---
USA!!! ALL THE WAY!!!
#7JoshDreyMartinPosted 11/11/2011 12:45:54 PM
You should edit the title of this post to "I am pretty stupid so far" to avoid confusion...
---
Stop Uwe Boll once and for all! sign the petition (google uwe boll petition)
#8stekim40Posted 11/11/2011 12:48:36 PM
The puzzles are fine and the clues are there,
the first is up on the wall and the 2nd is in the book.

reading ALL the books in one of the special things about TES,
if you are too lazy to even glance around for obvious clues I suggest
you sell it and go back to CoD, its not for you.
#9Chibi_FlashPosted 11/11/2011 12:49:16 PM
TheUnrealOne posted...
I did try the wall combination but it didn't work. I can't really be asked to keep reading all these books I'm picking up.

I think it's time to go back to CoD dear.
---
GT: Nylarthotep PSN: Sim-Life
The post is the twisted brainwrong of a one off man-mental.
#10SoupDragon123Posted 11/11/2011 12:52:25 PM
as others have said, the 'clue' is staring you in the face. you align the three pillars to the side in the order the symbols are above the door - noting the middle symbol has crashed to the floor.

you'll not doubt get confused at the next doorway where you use the golden claw. try examine it from your inventory.

all of the puzzles are this easily solved. you just need to use your eyes or check the obvious item/book recently acquired as part of the quest in your inventory.