Do followers level up with you or not?

#17stPosted 11/21/2011 11:49:50 PM

I been reading conflict articles about follower leveling.  Wiki says follower will not level up with you:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Companion_Skyrim

This article says follower WILL level with you:

http://www.gamingreality.com/2011/11/skyrim-companions-guide.html

So which one is correct?  Anyway to find out the follower's current level on ps3?  I really mis the console commands on the PC.

#2glenn3ePosted 11/21/2011 11:52:11 PM
The second article is wrong. I've tested it and followers don't level with you. They stay the same level as the first time you met them. (note not the first time you hire them) So make sure you don't locate all your target end game follower till you reach at least level 50. My now gimped Aela is being one shotted by everything at my level now....
#3sugarmonstergodPosted 11/21/2011 11:53:44 PM
I wish they'd fix that. I spend more time using healing hands on Lydia than I do actually fighting.
#47st(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 12:00:21 AM

How you find out your follower's current level?

About the time the follow is spawned.  Is it the time when you first travel to that city?  Or it's when you near that person?  Or the first time you talk to that guy/girl?  This make me worry.

I am on early part of the game now.  If this is true, I should stop exploring the world, and power leveling first.

#5SlipSkullPosted 11/22/2011 12:07:30 AM
Usually if it's on the game's wiki it's been proven. That's your best bet. Sad that followers don't level with you though. I'll have to be Lydia's protector then!
---
Panda Pounce!
PSN: Rhaazerus
#6jakeis1337Posted 11/22/2011 12:20:44 AM
I noticed this too. I used the archery training exploit at level 2, then ditched the guy for lydia until level 30, when I thought it would be neat to have an uber archer sidekick and had the gear to make it happen.
Unfortunately, even with pimped gear he got totally owned everywhere. Sad day.
#7PapaRosario23Posted 11/22/2011 12:50:08 AM
I just confirmed on the PC version that they don't level with you. I got a new companion at level 50, checked her level, and it was 30. I then used the console to level up my skills a bunch of times and got to 63 to see if the companion would level up as well. She did not. Still level 30. I then told her to go home and waited for 2 days to see if that might update her level. Still level 30.
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
#87st(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 12:56:36 AM

Well, it seems the follower won't even match your current level when you first meet him?

Does that mean each one has a set of range for their level and won't be higher than that no matter what?  Good thing with pc is someone will come up with some mod to modify it.  Too bad I purchased the ps3 version to play on my 60" TV.

#97st(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 1:35:26 AM

All I reall need is one fully customizeable (skill, level, perks, and gear) good looking girl as follower who won't die in battle (can passout).  I prefer not to change follower all the time.

#10doraemonllh1989Posted 11/22/2011 1:49:30 AM
wow that just stupid,im pretty sure i met most of the companions now

they can even overlook this

dont tell me this is somekind of companion new system lol

last time monster scaling issue and now companion LOL
---
AMD phenomx4 9650| 9800gt 1 gig ddr3 | Corsair TwinX 2 gig ram ddr2 800mhz | ASUS M2N-E