Dragon Soul not absorbing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Dragon Soul not absorbing?

User Info: Joecool2222

Joecool2222
5 years ago#1

Hey a few times now I've killed a dragon and his soul won't come out.  Each time this happens I reset from an older save just in case, so it hasn't happened consecutively but it does seem to happen on the same dragons.  For example I killed the dragon near Azura's shrine but I didn't get his soul so I reset and just went somewhere else.  Later I went to Azura's shrine and after killing him, same thing.  Am I not supposed to get his soul?  This also happened to another dragon yesterday but I forget the name of the location (it was on top of a mountain and there was a dragon shout there).  Is this a glitch or am I not supposed to get certain dragon souls?

User Info: GodsHamster

GodsHamster
5 years ago#2
Did you walk up to the corpse? You don't absorb it if you are too far away.
I hate people who take drugs......Customs men for example.

Joecool2222
5 years ago#3

Yeah I've taken everything the Dragon had, even hit it a few times, nothing seems to work.

User Info: XDevilbunny

XDevilbunny
5 years ago#4
actually happened to me once. killed a dragon, didn't get its soul. it just laid there dead.
Fly Eagles Fly, On the Road to Victory!
http://last.fm/user/xdevilbunny || http://rateyourmusic.com/~VelociBrad

User Info: TheFlem

TheFlem
5 years ago#5
I've had this happen where I killed the Dragon at Azura's shrine before getting the bounty quest, absorbed his soul just fine.. went and turned in the Bounty quest I didn't yet have (auto complete basically), then picked up the bounty quest again.. so I went back to the location, killed another dragon, and when he died I didn't get to absorb his soul. He didn't even start disintegrating, just like a normal body.

I think it happens when you kill a zone-specific dragon, where theres only supposed to ever be 1 dragon at that point, and then for some reason go back and kill that same dragon.. I don't exactly know if this is correct, but it's what I gathered.

User Info: kel25

kel25
5 years ago#6
I noticed that I couldn't absorb the Dragon's Soul's if I had already killed the dragon in an area that I learn a shout. Otherwise I had no problem with souls.

User Info: ctu14

ctu14
5 years ago#7
I think this guy has the answer
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61100696

User Info: gothspore

gothspore
5 years ago#8
I guess you're not 'dovakhiin' after all.

Better luck next time.

Joecool2222
5 years ago#9

Ahhh yeah that makes sense, thanks guys!

Joecool2222
5 years ago#10

Ahhh yeah that makes sense, thanks guys!

1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Dragon Soul not absorbing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived