Best Tank Follower?

#1Vaz126Posted 11/24/2011 11:27:31 AM
My character is mainly an archer and isn't fantastic at close combat. Is there a follower who can tank a lot of damage and keep most of the heat off me?
---
Important Life Lesson #17: Everything is funny as long as it's happening to someone else.
PSN: AnonymousXIII
#2pbrugalettPosted 11/24/2011 11:34:13 AM

I use the female mercenary in Whiterun. She has been doing very well for me (forgot her name), especially when I give her some of the armor and weapons I find. It is interesting which ones she'll decide to use. Also good for carrying extra weight. $500.00 to hire. There is another mercenary (guy) in Solitude, but I haven't hired him yet.

#3FURYofCHIBAPosted 11/24/2011 11:38:06 AM
Go to Morthal find Benor, challenge him to a round of fisticuffs(bareknuckle box him). After you win you will be able to have him follow you for free. He specializes in 2 handed FaceCrushing. He has taken out maaaaany dragons and boss level enemies. Just give him a highly smithed BattleAxe and some highly smithed Armor to look bad*** and watch him obliterate all opposition.
---
I am the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed everyday so that I may never truly die.
#4FURYofCHIBAPosted 11/24/2011 11:43:12 AM
Speaking of which just yesterday i fast travel to a random village and 2 Dragons attack me at once! So im like ok ill do one at a time, so im fightin this one dragon using the aid of the entire small village and i notice Benor is nowhere to be seen! im like frick Benor i know i dont pay you and all but jeez, next thing i notice as im halfway through slaying dragon A, im absorbing dragon B's soul! Benor single handedly killed a dragon twice as fast as me and an entire village could, wow.

Beast Mode Engage
---
I am the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed everyday so that I may never truly die.
#5FURYofCHIBAPosted 11/24/2011 11:47:34 AM
He's quick too, i was talking to this shady b**** and at the end of the convo she turned on me, the instant the game gave me control to slay this devil woman Benors Legendary Glass BattleAxe of Frost comes sweeping in disallowing her to spew more treacherous words by embedding itself in the side of her face, Game Over
---
#6GRedd10Posted 11/24/2011 11:57:43 AM
I like Jordis, she seems pretty good with a shield, but then again I haven't given much of the other partners a try. I'd guess an orc that is heavy warrior type. Give her good heavy armor for whole body that is enchanted with defensive properties like fortify heavy armor, +block % for shield, magical resistance, and +carry capacity for her boots so she can carry more for you. Give her sword absorb health, might help a bit, probably not too much though since the companions don't attack a whole lot.
#7GRedd10Posted 11/24/2011 12:08:21 PM
The best tanks are not ones that can deal a lot of damage, trust me. It's one that knows how to use a shield and protect themselves. I don't know what difficulty you're playing on, or level you are on, but when you get in a big boss fight with some of the stronger bosses, your companion better know how to block and parry cause they are going to die mostlikely if they are scripted not to do it often.

On normal difficulty though this shouldn't be much a problem as even bosses aren't that hard. Most companions will probably do fine if you didn't change it to something harder.