Games similar to Skyrim/Oblivion

#1btbamfan89Posted 11/26/2011 1:30:52 AM
I'm getting a 3DS for Christmas, and I was just thinking about if there are any DS/3DS games similar to the Elder Scrolls games. I think it would be kickass (and harmful towards my social life) if there's a game out there similar in terms of gameplay, environment, RPG elements, etc. Again, if you guys know of any DS/3DS games similar, that would be awesome, since I've been unsuccessful searching on Google. >.<
---
What is this I don't even
#2btbamfan89(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2011 1:43:18 AM
Bump.
---
#3sakuraartsPosted 11/26/2011 1:48:31 AM
anything resembling this type of age would be zelda, im not sure if there are any other type of dungeons n dragons exploration type of games yet
---
PSN: sakuraarts
#4UFWHOAPosted 11/26/2011 1:54:07 AM
on a portable gaming system? No

But you might just be looking for a RPG anyways, so don't expect a HUGE in-depth game like Skyrim, but you can at least look at RPGs and see what you like.
---
PSN ID: ufwhoa
#5ElyonPosted 11/26/2011 1:55:44 AM
On portables? I honestly can't think of any open-world RPGs.

On consoles and PC there are more for me to work with. For example, Divinity 2.
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
#6btbamfan89(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2011 2:01:38 AM
That's unfortunate. My game save file for Skyrim is on my girlfriend's PS3, because I didn't know I wouldn't be able to transfer my saved data successfully. So I was hoping to have something to tie me over until I can steal her PS3 again, lol.
---
#7PapaRosario23Posted 11/26/2011 2:08:12 AM
There's plenty on PC. On consoles, not so much. On portable consoles? Nonexistent.
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
#8ElyonPosted 11/26/2011 2:09:40 AM
If you've a PSP, you might want to try Ys Seven? That's not really open-world, though, just open enough to promote exploration. It's more a pure ARPG (more emphasis fast-paced action than Skyrim).
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
#9dacekidPosted 11/26/2011 2:31:31 AM
There are no games like Elder Scrolls on the DS. But IMO DS has the most quality RPG's out of all the systems out right now. If you want good RPG's start with these 3.

The World Ends With You
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Radiant Historia (it's sort of like chrono trigger)

If you're into games mainly for their story then try out the Ace Attorney series and 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors.
#10BlackMagePalomPosted 11/26/2011 2:33:29 AM
Rune factory games.
/topic
---
PSN:LoneCenturion XBL:Auton Centurion
"Rory Williams. The man who dies and dies again."