Killing Grelod the Kind won't lock me out of any quests, will it? **SPOILERS**

#1Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 11/28/2011 3:59:02 PM
So, I went to Riften and paid a visit to the orphanage, met the disgustingly evil Grelod the Kind, and proceeded to immediately follow her back to her office, shut the door behind us, went into Sneak mode, and shot an arrow right through the back of her rotten skull. (Her body then warped back into the orphans bedroom, which was weird...but hearing the children cheer was extremely satisfying and I got a chuckle out of it as well!)
However, before I continue on, are their any quests that are linked to her that I should do first? I overheard the orphans say something about The Dark Brotherhood after I killed her, and while I want nothing to do with them, if it leads to any other quests, I'd like to do those first before I send her to hell.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#2ElyonPosted 11/28/2011 4:00:01 PM
You're actually supposed to kill her for the Dark Brotherhood's first quest.

Other than that, she doesn't do anything.
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
#3Centur1onPosted 11/28/2011 4:02:02 PM
Killing grelod is the requirement for starting the DB quests. If you go to windhelm, there is a boy who, mistaking you for a DB assassin, will request that you kill grelod. If you choose to do so, the next time you go to sleep, you will be rudely awakened by the DB asking you to do something for them. Should you wish to join them, do it. Should you not wish to join them, you may kill the DB assassin asking you to do the task, kicking off a quest to destroy the brotherhood.

Those are really it for the quests/questlines that grelod and her death will affect.
---
"the only noobs are the noobs who accuse others of being noobs"-Asterisk_Ninja
#4ScytheCFHPosted 11/28/2011 4:02:50 PM
Blk_Mage_Ctype posted...
So, I went to Riften and paid a visit to the orphanage, met the disgustingly evil Grelod the Kind, and proceeded to immediately follow her back to her office, shut the door behind us, went into Sneak mode, and shot an arrow right through the back of her rotten skull. (Her body then warped back into the orphans bedroom, which was weird...but hearing the children cheer was extremely satisfying and I got a chuckle out of it as well!)
However, before I continue on, are their any quests that are linked to her that I should do first? I overheard the orphans say something about The Dark Brotherhood after I killed her, and while I want nothing to do with them, if it leads to any other quests, I'd like to do those first before I send her to hell.

Since you killed her, the dark brotherhood has noticed you, if you don't want to join them, you have the choice of destroying them....when you go to sleep and see Astrid, kill her to initiate destroying the dark brotherhood
#5Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2011 4:09:38 PM
Well, I just rented a room at the inn after killing her, but no DB assassin ever showed up, so I guess I have to talk to the kid in Windhelm first?
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#6LeonDragonHeartPosted 11/28/2011 4:13:21 PM
Gotta wait till you get a note from a Courier. I usually get it from Whiterun.
---
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/badgewl.gif/
#7Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2011 4:15:23 PM
LeonDragonHeart posted...
Gotta wait till you get a note from a Courier. I usually get it from Whiterun.

Can I still get this note now, or do I have to revert to a save from before I killed Grelod?
---
#8LeonDragonHeartPosted 11/28/2011 4:17:33 PM
Nope go and visit that kid in Windhelm and tell him you butchered that b**** and then just wait for a bit till a courier gives you a note saying. Then go and sleep in a nice warm bed.

Then you shall be inducted into the family..... my brother.
---
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/badgewl.gif/
#9Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2011 4:23:48 PM
Okay, and were is this kid? Does he just wander the streets or is he inside a building somewhere?
---
#10aznmambaPosted 11/28/2011 4:25:23 PM
He's in Windhelm, in the Aretino Residence