Fastest Way to Level Up Alchemy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fastest Way to Level Up Alchemy?

User Info: Sasuke7892

Sasuke7892
5 years ago#1
I am trying to level up my alchemy and it is taking a really long time. I just made it into the 40s but I am curious if there are faster methods to level up. What is the fastest way to level up alchemy?

P.S. this isnt for the glitch. I dont understand it but I want to play the game legitimately.
Check out my Call of Duty Gameplay/Commentaries!!
www.youtube.com/Yoshi7892

User Info: Mountaintop884

Mountaintop884
5 years ago#2
Keep making potions then. The more money they r worth the more exp u get.

User Info: DigiOps944

DigiOps944
5 years ago#3
There's a nice ingredient guide on here. Slow and invisibility potions give me the most experience.
...But if sweetness can win-and it can-then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

User Info: joe_danger

joe_danger
5 years ago#4
1) Make sure you have the Thief Stone activated

2) Get Well Rested bonus if not a wearwolf

3) Experience is tied to the value of the potion. Some valuable combos are:

Giant's Toe + Wheat

Dwarven Oil + Taproot

Creep Cluster + Large Antlers + River Better

Giant Toe+ Large Antlers + River Better

Chaurus Egg + Garlic + Luma Moth WIngs

(Multi effect potions are worth more than single effect, even if those effects cancel out.)

User Info: EggRow

EggRow
5 years ago#5
I've noticed that creating any potion involving a Giant's Toe raises my bar considerably.
It's pudding time.

User Info: LB3

LB3
5 years ago#6
Gaint's toe has a huge effect on the price of some potions.

A good one I found is Gaint's Toe, Hanging moss and Bear's Claw.
PSN: Bwleon7

User Info: TaoTeMugen

TaoTeMugen
5 years ago#7
As far as I remember, individual ingredients affect the end price of the potion. And yes, make sure you are well rested and have the proper stone activated for as much of a bonus as you can get. You'll be making a *lot* more potions, otherwise.

User Info: Ahlyis

Ahlyis
5 years ago#8
That's all good advice, but the fastest way I've found to level up Alchemy is to use the trainers!

There's a good one in Whiterun, right near Breezehome. Level up 5 times with her, go make new potions in the same shop, then sell them to her to recover the money you spent leveling. When you go up a level, go back to her and do the same thing again.

She has no quest or other requirements before you can train with her and I think she's capable of training you all the way to level 75.
I'm just a pigment of your imagination.

User Info: lwjff

lwjff
5 years ago#9
thief stone
well rested

if your enchanting is high, enchant the 4 pieces that take fortify alchemy (5 if you have a falmer helmet and circlet) makes the potion stronger, which makes it more expensive and levels it up faster.

Slow
Invisibility
Paralyze
Regenerate (health,magicka,stamina)

^^ Usually the most expensive types of potions/poisons to make.

That restoration loop exploit can raise it real fast if you're going the exploit route. Make sure the loop isn't too strong though. I made it too strong one time and I made a creep cluster, large antlers, river betty potion and my alchemy went from 51 to 100 just making one potion.

User Info: Feanor23

Feanor23
5 years ago#10
Try to make multi-effect potions, using 3 ingredients instead of 2. As people have said, exp is tied to value of the potion, more effects = more value = more exp. Good base to start with is Invisbile, Slow, or Paralyze. Regenerate Stamina/Magicka are also pretty good.

Travel between 2-3 cities buying out all the alchemy ingredients, do this like a dozen times before starting so you can sit down and grind out a bunch of levels in one sitting.

SPOILER

Go to the underground dwarven city, whatever it's called, and harvest a ton of crimson nirnroot, it is one of the ingredients for invisibility potion so it is a good base ingredient for high exp.
Wii RB2 FC: 2219 8215 7294
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fastest Way to Level Up Alchemy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived