Fastest Way to Level Up Alchemy?

#1Sasuke7892Posted 12/29/2011 11:34:46 AM
I am trying to level up my alchemy and it is taking a really long time. I just made it into the 40s but I am curious if there are faster methods to level up. What is the fastest way to level up alchemy?

P.S. this isnt for the glitch. I dont understand it but I want to play the game legitimately.
---
Check out my Call of Duty Gameplay/Commentaries!!
www.youtube.com/Yoshi7892
#2Mountaintop884Posted 12/29/2011 11:37:22 AM
Keep making potions then. The more money they r worth the more exp u get.
#3DigiOps944Posted 12/29/2011 11:38:27 AM
There's a nice ingredient guide on here. Slow and invisibility potions give me the most experience.
---
...But if sweetness can win-and it can-then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.
#4joe_dangerPosted 12/29/2011 11:40:08 AM
1) Make sure you have the Thief Stone activated

2) Get Well Rested bonus if not a wearwolf

3) Experience is tied to the value of the potion. Some valuable combos are:

Giant's Toe + Wheat

Dwarven Oil + Taproot

Creep Cluster + Large Antlers + River Better

Giant Toe+ Large Antlers + River Better

Chaurus Egg + Garlic + Luma Moth WIngs

(Multi effect potions are worth more than single effect, even if those effects cancel out.)
#5EggRowPosted 12/29/2011 11:40:39 AM
I've noticed that creating any potion involving a Giant's Toe raises my bar considerably.
---
It's pudding time.
#6LB3Posted 12/29/2011 11:43:12 AM
Gaint's toe has a huge effect on the price of some potions.

A good one I found is Gaint's Toe, Hanging moss and Bear's Claw.
---
PSN: Bwleon7
#7TaoTeMugenPosted 12/29/2011 11:48:03 AM
As far as I remember, individual ingredients affect the end price of the potion. And yes, make sure you are well rested and have the proper stone activated for as much of a bonus as you can get. You'll be making a *lot* more potions, otherwise.
#8AhlyisPosted 12/29/2011 11:54:32 AM
That's all good advice, but the fastest way I've found to level up Alchemy is to use the trainers!

There's a good one in Whiterun, right near Breezehome. Level up 5 times with her, go make new potions in the same shop, then sell them to her to recover the money you spent leveling. When you go up a level, go back to her and do the same thing again.

She has no quest or other requirements before you can train with her and I think she's capable of training you all the way to level 75.
---
I'm just a pigment of your imagination.
#9lwjffPosted 12/29/2011 5:10:50 PM
thief stone
well rested

if your enchanting is high, enchant the 4 pieces that take fortify alchemy (5 if you have a falmer helmet and circlet) makes the potion stronger, which makes it more expensive and levels it up faster.

Slow
Invisibility
Paralyze
Regenerate (health,magicka,stamina)

^^ Usually the most expensive types of potions/poisons to make.

That restoration loop exploit can raise it real fast if you're going the exploit route. Make sure the loop isn't too strong though. I made it too strong one time and I made a creep cluster, large antlers, river betty potion and my alchemy went from 51 to 100 just making one potion.
#10Feanor23Posted 12/29/2011 5:19:38 PM
Try to make multi-effect potions, using 3 ingredients instead of 2. As people have said, exp is tied to value of the potion, more effects = more value = more exp. Good base to start with is Invisbile, Slow, or Paralyze. Regenerate Stamina/Magicka are also pretty good.

Travel between 2-3 cities buying out all the alchemy ingredients, do this like a dozen times before starting so you can sit down and grind out a bunch of levels in one sitting.

SPOILER

Go to the underground dwarven city, whatever it's called, and harvest a ton of crimson nirnroot, it is one of the ingredients for invisibility potion so it is a good base ingredient for high exp.
---
Wii RB2 FC: 2219 8215 7294