First Lessons Tolfdir (sp?) Glitch Solution

#1Jyeah2010Posted 1/6/2012 8:21:46 AM
Don't know if this is cOLD, but I recently was a victim to the 'Listen to Tolfdir' glitch where he won't cast his flame spell for you to ward. I just found a solution to this where if you assault one of your classmates, you'll start the quest 'Rejoining the College'. Run away so they don't kill you then when they have stopped chasing, return and speak to Tolfdir. He'll make you pay 250 gold, but that'll end First Lessons and start the next quest.

If this is old, ignore me. If not, you're welcome.
---
{]xxxxxxxxxxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\
#2grungolahPosted 1/6/2012 8:24:53 AM
You have to stand in the exact spot he wants to begin training. I had a hard time figuring this out.
#3Jyeah2010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 9:08:14 AM
No in my one he started to cast the spell then stopped. Nothing could get him to cast it again.
---
#4pokemondoPosted 1/6/2012 9:13:22 AM
My difficulty was getting Lydia to NOT STAND IN THE WAY. Finally had to make her wait in the corner.
#5AmeriphPosted 1/6/2012 9:26:20 AM(edited)
Really? Great. I've been stuck with this bug since joining the college over a month ago. I'll have to see if it works for me. As to what that other person mentioned about standing in the exact spot, I tried it and it wouldn't work for me. Will be back with an update.

Update: Doesn't work at all with Magic. They finally turned aggressive when I decapitated one of them(accidentally--that perk can be so annoying sometimes and so useful at others). Reloading now to see if it will work with plain melee. Will be back with a third update in a few minutes.

Update 2: Okay, they didn't turn aggressive until I killed one of my classmates. Paid the fine, but it worked fine.
---
I used to take arrows to the knee. Then someone stole my sweetroll.
#6grungolahPosted 1/6/2012 11:02:57 AM
Ahh, when he stopped casting on me it was because my ward was down. Resting and recasting started the quest.
#7Jyeah2010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 1:07:10 PM

Really? Great. I've been stuck with this bug since joining the college over a month ago. I'll have to see if it works for me. As to what that other person mentioned about standing in the exact spot, I tried it and it wouldn't work for me. Will be back with an update.

Update: Doesn't work at all with Magic. They finally turned aggressive when I decapitated one of them(accidentally--that perk can be so annoying sometimes and so useful at others). Reloading now to see if it will work with plain melee. Will be back with a third update in a few minutes.

Update 2: Okay, they didn't turn aggressive until I killed one of my classmates. Paid the fine, but it worked fine.

Yay. I helped someone.
---
#8raw3868Posted 1/6/2012 1:24:39 PM
Jyeah2010 posted...
Yay. I helped someone.

HEY HEY! Take it easy now! No need for this sort of emotional display...