Muffle Enchantment possible locations...?

#1CALIFORNINJAPosted 2/3/2012 1:22:24 PM
I restarted my game of 70+ hours out of sheer boredom. I'm playing pretty much the same type of character but I want to do the Thieve's Guild quests instead of the Companions, that being said, I want to focus on sneaking and archery in addition to my standard heavy-armor and one handed. I know it's counterproductive wearing heavy-armor and trying to sneak, but, I really don't like light armor. I feel naked without my heavy-armor.

I did some research into this conundrum and realized my best option is to Muffle enchant a set of boots, but this the Muffle enchantment is rare from what I've read.

So, my questions to you fine fellows: Does anybody know of an area Muffle enchanted boots are more likely to show up? Alternatively, do any of you have methods of finding specific enchanted items that seem to have positive results?
#2conduitPosted 2/3/2012 1:25:52 PM
Dunno. I've got like two pairs of muffle enchanted boots but they're from unique armour sets and the game won't let me disenchant them.
---
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~
#3CALIFORNINJA(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2012 1:27:54 PM
conduit posted...
Dunno. I've got like two pairs of muffle enchanted boots but they're from unique armour sets and the game won't let me disenchant them.

Yeah, I'm starting to think standard enchanted items are randomly generated, but I figure somebody out there has some treasure hunting tips...right...?
#4FluffyKidJoePosted 2/3/2012 1:41:06 PM
You'll just have to wait for some to turn up randomly as loot or for sale at a Blacksmith or General Store. If I'm reading this right none show up until at least level 11 and most require 20+....

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Generic_Magic_Apparel#Muffle
#5CALIFORNINJA(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2012 1:47:18 PM
FluffyKidJoe posted...
You'll just have to wait for some to turn up randomly as loot or for sale at a Blacksmith or General Store. If I'm reading this right none show up until at least level 11 and most require 20+....

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Generic_Magic_Apparel#Muffle

Ah, I see, well, is there anywhere that you know of that has enchanted items that respawn often? What's your stance on treasure hunting?
#6FluffyKidJoePosted 2/3/2012 1:52:09 PM
My adivce would be to check a traders inventory. If there's no muffle gear...

-save
-kill the trader
-reload

This resets their inventory. I'd use either the blacksmith in Windhelm or the Blacksmith in Solitude. I just find they seem slightly more likely to have decent enchanted gear.
#7CaanimalPosted 2/3/2012 2:06:21 PM
About 300 hours of playing and extensive farming of merchants for enchanted items and I have yet to see any gear enchanted w/ Muffle w/ the exception of the unique(thus can't be disenchanted) gear obtained as quest rewards. I have also read from numerous forums that people never see the enchant on randomly generated gear. There is an ongoing debate as to whether or not the enchant ever shows up on random gear on the TES Wiki.
#8FluffyKidJoePosted 2/3/2012 2:09:35 PM
Do you mean random loot from dungeons and the like or traders inventories?

I've bought it from traders 1/2 a dozen times on various play throughs.
#9CALIFORNINJA(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2012 2:18:18 PM
Caanimal posted...
About 300 hours of playing and extensive farming of merchants for enchanted items and I have yet to see any gear enchanted w/ Muffle w/ the exception of the unique(thus can't be disenchanted) gear obtained as quest rewards. I have also read from numerous forums that people never see the enchant on randomly generated gear. There is an ongoing debate as to whether or not the enchant ever shows up on random gear on the TES Wiki.

I know for a fact that it is available in non-Unique form, I had it on my other save file, I don't remember what the original item was, but I was able to break it for the enchantment. I would take a picture of it, but as I mentioned, I deleted that save file last night.
#10FluffyKidJoePosted 2/3/2012 7:44:03 PM
Just bought myself some from Warmaidens, I'm only level 12. Just got lucky I guess.