How to get to Blackreach?

#1AoEforLifePosted 3/5/2012 2:52:17 PM
What is Blackreach and how do I get there? Is it dangerous too, and is the loot good?
---
Just want your thoughts on the idea >:)
#2KaiserAfiniPosted 3/5/2012 2:56:10 PM
AoEforLife posted...
What is Blackreach and how do I get there? Is it dangerous too, and is the loot good?

Blackreach is a huge underground area under dwarven ruins. You can only accesses it after level 14. To do so, speak to Septimus Signus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekucq2geU0s

It is full of Falmer and there is a lot of random loot. If you FUS RO DAH the chinese dragon lamp, you can fight a dragon.
#3AoEforLife(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2012 3:11:33 PM
Can you enter it without talking to the questgiver?
---
#4Mike XtremePosted 3/5/2012 3:43:27 PM
AoEforLife posted...

I'm sure you could but you have to travel through a bunch of other areas before you reach Blackreach and unlock ways to travel directly there.
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/10n82fd.png - by Cads_4370
#5Iceaxe0140Posted 3/5/2012 3:48:40 PM(edited)
Yeah, there's several pathways to get to Blackreach. There isn't any level requirement just to reach Blackreach. I know because I've gotten there at level 1. You do however need an attunement sphere just to gain acccess into it. You get it from Septimus Signus when you start the Discerning the Mundane quest. Basically you just have to find him and talk to him. He'll give you the attunement sphere and a lexicon.

The level requirement of 15 is if you want to start the quest for Hermaes Mora for the Oghma Infinium book.

Just from the top of my head, you can get there through:

1. Aftland (for Discerning the Mundane/Septimus Signus quest)
2. Mzinchaleft (for grim sever quest/Mjoll the Lioness quest)
3. Raldbthar (couple quests two of them for dark brotherhood)

In any case, going down to Blackreach can be very tough if you're underleveled. There are some pretty good things to do in Blackreach. One of which is the crimson nirnroot quest. You basically collect a bunch of crimson nirnroots and by the end of it you'll get a special perk that allows you to make extra potions occasionally when you use the alchemy table. Instead of one potion, it will make two potions sometimes.

And yes, it is dangerous if you're not prepared. You'll encounter lots of falmer enemies that can easily overwhelm you in numbers. There's also some chorus reapers that can poison you. The most dangerous foes are probably the Dwemer enemies; particularly the Dwemer Centurion Master (depending on your level). I was able to defeat it at level 1 by using sneak attacks from a distance with archery. Basically hit it once and backtrack out of range until it stops looking for you.
#6AlessarPosted 3/5/2012 5:09:56 PM
AoEforLife posted...

NO, the devices that open paths into Blackreach require a quest item to be triggered. Note that you must visit Blackreach as part of the game's main storyline and you must do Septimus's quest in order to advance the main storyline.
#7AoEforLife(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 12:22:22 AM
So where is this Signus guy?
---
#8AoEforLife(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 12:25:19 AM
Oh and I've only seen a Dwarven Centurion once, and it was dissapointing. The AI glitched, and all it would do is walk up to me then stand there looking at me, not attacking. I was anticipating a challenging fight, but I guess not. Reloading didn't fix the Centurion.
---
#9Rexanator64Posted 3/6/2012 12:54:36 AM
AoEforLife posted...
So where is this Signus guy?

(SPOILERS)

if you continue down the dragon storyline, eventually you'l seek him out.

If you dont want to do that, His outpost is a bit north of the college of winterhold. You'l see a both stuck on an iceberg. and a little door. go in there. and you'l find him.
---
psn:REXX_ANATOR_01 sub accnt:DELTA1-5-5
Official MK9 Champion Of Kratos.