Vigilant of Stendarr build?

#1Sephyr_IXPosted 3/13/2012 7:46:11 PM
Hey, so I'm thinking of retiring my first character I've sunk 200 hours into and I was thinking it would be neat to RP as a Vigilant of Stendarr.

So what I was wondering if what race would work best, equipment, what items I would probably need to carry, and perks I should use.

Also is there a follower who can't die that would wear the Mage robes the Vigilants use?

Anyways thanks!
---
I specifically asked for scrambled eggs!
http://i27.tinypic.com/10h6d4w.jpg RiD (Robots in Disguise)
#2Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/13/2012 8:12:38 PM
Well, you are going to need to specialize in restoration (they are warrior priests), alteration (a lot of priests use this), one handed (they use maces), heavy armor (they have heavy gauntlets and boots), block and probably alchemy. You'll need a ranged attack, so you might need to dabble a bit in destruction or archery.

You'll need mage's robes, probably novice robes of alteration (they usually wear this). The gauntlets and boots are up to you, but they need to be heavy armor, and probably not Daedric. You'll also need a mace, again, not Daedric (they wouldn't be caught dead with Daedric weapons and artifacts), so ebony is probably the best bet.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#3Sephyr_IX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 12:25:09 PM

Well, you are going to need to specialize in restoration (they are warrior priests), alteration (a lot of priests use this), one handed (they use maces), heavy armor (they have heavy gauntlets and boots), block and probably alchemy. You'll need a ranged attack, so you might need to dabble a bit in destruction or archery.

You'll need mage's robes, probably novice robes of alteration (they usually wear this). The gauntlets and boots are up to you, but they need to be heavy armor, and probably not Daedric. You'll also need a mace, again, not Daedric (they wouldn't be caught dead with Daedric weapons and artifacts), so ebony is probably the best bet.

Awesome,

I haven't really observed many Vigilants, but do they all use maces? I was figuring a Dwarven sword would be good. Or even though it IS Daedric, how about the Dawnbreaker?
---
#4Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/14/2012 1:47:22 PM
Sephyr_IX posted...

Awesome,

I haven't really observed many Vigilants, but do they all use maces? I was figuring a Dwarven sword would be good. Or even though it IS Daedric, how about the Dawnbreaker?

Dawnbreaker might be fine. I mean, it does have a holy look to it.

I "think" i've see a few use war axes, but never a sword.
---
biohazardmercenaries.com
#5Sephyr_IX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 2:18:59 PM

I was just wondering for the simple fact isn't Meridia one of the few Daedric Princes not considered evil? So I could incorporate the Danwbreaker into my build, unless the Vigilant is strictly anti Daedra
---
#6Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/14/2012 2:27:05 PM
Sephyr_IX posted...
I was just wondering for the simple fact isn't Meridia one of the few Daedric Princes not considered evil? So I could incorporate the Danwbreaker into my build, unless the Vigilant is strictly anti Daedra

Well, the Vigilant IS strictly anti Daedra. As in, in their eyes, ALL Daedra are evil, and I mean ALL.

So, maybe the Dawn breaker would be off-limits as well.
---
biohazardmercenaries.com
#7keysmashPosted 3/14/2012 2:37:44 PM
Vamperic Necromage!

But seriously, take the necromage perk, they fight the undead as well.
#8Morpher_lordPosted 3/14/2012 2:39:42 PM
Why not use maces? maces are cool..

And while meridia is not seen as wholly evil,, she is plenty evil all the same..
#9DjmosPosted 3/15/2012 12:31:37 PM
you could use a silver sword. they are very effective against undead they say. you get them fighting in the companions quests.
#10locke72Posted 3/15/2012 12:36:42 PM
Djmos posted...
you could use a silver sword. they are very effective against undead they say. you get them fighting in the companions quests.

Hmm...I wonder how the Vigilant of Stendarr feel about werewolves....
---
I prefer the term treasure hunter.