follower enchantments

#1Roland1903Posted 3/16/2012 3:43:34 AM
i was thinking of of getting another follower since may last one dropped dead, and was thinking of getting some some for close quarters as my last was arrows. Since follwers don't run out of arrows if giving them just just do enchantments not decrease as well? I don't see why not but that would be Ideal
---
We need to ascend to higher levels of realization and reasoning, eliminate the obsolete, and destroy those who threaten our existence.
#2xGenocidestPosted 3/16/2012 4:06:09 AM
If your asking if 100% Cost reduction enchantments make their weapons use no charges, no, it doesn't work on them.

Followers that don't start out with a default bow WILL use arrows like normal, so you've gotta give them some.
#3Roland1903(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 4:22:28 AM
like if they are using a sword with 30 fire damage lets say, does they enchanted sword loose its charge?
---
We need to ascend to higher levels of realization and reasoning, eliminate the obsolete, and destroy those who threaten our existence.
#4xGenocidestPosted 3/16/2012 5:00:18 AM
Yup. Just give them something with a moderate amount of charges, and you won't have to refill it for a while.

If they're one-handed users, give them a staff as well and they'll dual-wield it. They'll do a lot more damage that way.
#5StockpileThomasPosted 3/16/2012 6:29:57 AM

Enchanted Follower Equipment

Followers will only gain benefits from the following enchantment effects on their equipment:

Fortify Health Fortify Heavy Armor Fortify Light Armor Fortify Magicka Fortify Stamina Fortify Unarmed Muffle Resist Fire Resist Frost Resist Magic Resist Shock Soultrap/Fiery Soultrap Waterbreathing (Followers can't drown anyway, but this stops them surfacing for air)

All other enchantments do not actually have an effect for Followers, even if they should. Notably, this means:

Fortify does not increase the amount of damage they do. Fortify does not reduce enchanted weapon usage cost at all, or remove it at values of 100%. There are reports that this effect does work for some Followers, but very few. See the discussion page for more information. Fortify Carry Weight does not increase the maximum carry weight.

From the wiki.

#6AlessarPosted 3/16/2012 6:47:14 AM
Despite no enchantments decreasing follower cost, what I've noticed is that my follower's weapon loses charges much more slowly than my main character's weapon. Both have 2 enchantments on them. My "Dovakhin's Fang" has Magicka drain and Health drain. My follower's "All Consuming Fire" has Stamina drain and about 30 fire damage. I'm recharging my sword about twice per dungeon, his only goes down to half charge in the same time.
#7xGenocidestPosted 3/16/2012 7:04:49 AM
Alessar posted...
Despite no enchantments decreasing follower cost, what I've noticed is that my follower's weapon loses charges much more slowly than my main character's weapon. Both have 2 enchantments on them. My "Dovakhin's Fang" has Magicka drain and Health drain. My follower's "All Consuming Fire" has Stamina drain and about 30 fire damage. I'm recharging my sword about twice per dungeon, his only goes down to half charge in the same time.

He's probably swinging a lot less, especially if he's got a shield. They tend to block a lot as it is.